Login

russian armor

Permanently Unavailable British Designate Command Vehicle

17 Dec 2015, 12:35 PM

Overview: Designate Command Vehicle becomes permanently unavailable if the designated tank gets ABANDONED.

Here is how to replicate the bug:

1. Designate Command Vehicle on a tank (I used it on a Sherman Firefly)

2. The Designated tank gets shot and gets ABANDONED

3. Abandoned tank gets hijacked by enemy

4. Tank then gets destroyed

5. Designate Command Vehicle cannot be used again in the whole game (claims that a max of 1 tank can be designated even though that tank was abandoned and subsequently destroyed)

:)
17 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

It's waste of a tank if you use that ability......better not to use it.
17 Dec 2015, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 12:46 PMUGBEAR

You can use it on UC or AEC(more mobile, can protect itself with smoke) you know.
17 Dec 2015, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 12:46 PMUGBEAR

No. Use it on a Universal Car to have Recon for Free over the whole course of the game. Use it on a AEC in conjunctions with Cromwells to significantly increase their DPS due shorter reload, it gets crazy when you vet those Cromwell's and have reload bulletins for them.
17 Dec 2015, 13:03 PM

No. Use it on a Universal Car to have Recon for Free over the whole course of the game. Use it on a AEC in conjunctions with Cromwells to significantly increase their DPS due shorter reload, it gets crazy when you vet those Cromwell's and have reload bulletins for them.

make sense, since AEC's gun is horrible already, won't getting any noticeable worse
17 Dec 2015, 16:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's also good on the AVRE, if you can deal with the slowest tank in the game. It doesn't effect reload speed on it.
17 Dec 2015, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 12:54 PMKatitof

You can use it on UC or AEC(more mobile, can protect itself with smoke) you know.

AEC mobile.
Do you even play it (I'm not wanting to be arrogant, but really asking, do you play with it :p?) It is TERRIBLE in terms of mobility man..
17 Dec 2015, 17:45 PM

AEC mobile.
Do you even play it (I'm not wanting to be arrogant, but really asking, do you play with it :p?) It is TERRIBLE in terms of mobility man..

Even with that "terrible mobility" it has a ability to kill Stug, PzIV (<- not so easy), Ostwind (<-don't even have change). Once killed even a damaged retreating panther with the thing. Has better survivability to kite an survive shreks than scout car zooks.
17 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 17:45 PMJespe

Even with that "terrible mobility" it has a ability to kill Stug, PzIV (<- not so easy), Ostwind (<-don't even have change). Once killed even a damaged retreating panther with the thing. Has better survivability to kite an survive shreks than scout car zooks.

Your description fits m10 much more than AEC :D
17 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

Your description fits m10 much more than AEC :D

IDK USF is the only faction i don't have online experience... It's funny that it feels like AEC has better control when used like "insane tank commander style" than Puma. Idk if most ostplayers are incapable to shoot trought smoke with attack ground but it just feels so much easier than with puma (which btw is also great).
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 17 Dec 2015, 19:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hmm I cant reproduce the issue, once my vehicle becomes abandoned the ability becomes available again. Is there any additional info you can think of to help me reproduce the issue?

Or can your provide a video of the issue occurring?

17 Dec 2015, 21:14 PM

Hey SpaceBus.... :-)

Somebody noticed this issue some time ago.
He also posted a replay.
Maybe you get it to work and it will help identifying the cause.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45571/command-vehicle-abandon-bug
17 Dec 2015, 21:19 PM

AEC mobile.

Compared to command vehicle UC it is mobile :romeoPro:
25 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM

Hmm I cant reproduce the issue, once my vehicle becomes abandoned the ability becomes available again. Is there any additional info you can think of to help me reproduce the issue?

Or can your provide a video of the issue occurring?

An idea: Could it be that when the bug occurs:
- The vehicle first gets abandoned
- Then, the command ability becomes neutralized
- However, since the vehicle is no longer in control of the affected player, this doesn't refresh the ability of the player to designate a new command vehicle?

This bug definitely exists, and occurred to me every time a Command Vehicle Universal Carrier gets abandoned (4 out of 4)

- Take an Universal Carrier (no upgrades)
- Upgrade Carrier with command vehicle
- Start shooting at it, and pray to the RNG gods that it gets abandoned
- UKF player is unable to designate a new command vehicle.

Moreover:
- Even when I managed to recrew the abandoned Universal Carrier, the vehicle had lost its command ability (both aura and free-recon ability).

@Spacebus:
Perhaps the tool you are using to trigger the 'Abandoned' critical also triggers other things that prevent the bug from occurring (a true Heisenbug!)
This definitely occurs on the wild (100%).
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 4 Jan 2016, 23:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks, I was able to repro this issue. Added to Database
4 Jan 2016, 23:50 PM
Patrion 14

Another thing to add is that the recon pass has a large detection range on the plane so it can spot snipers in cover from afar and keep them spotted long enough to get a counter snipe.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★