Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer?

25 Dec 2015, 20:24 PM

its pretty good, seriously good in teamgames. I find it hilarious people complain about a 140 fuel calliope but think an 85fuel pwerfer is fine.
25 Dec 2015, 20:24 PM
Patrion 14

i wonder how long it would be until werfer and calliope gets nerfed.
25 Dec 2015, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 20:24 PMpigsoup
i wonder how long it would be until werfer and calliope gets nerfed.

Until people will only play Axis and USF with calliope commander :foreveralone:

Well, it's hapenning already :brad:
25 Dec 2015, 20:59 PM

yeah it is devastating. At least Katyusha is heavily RNG based. Panzerwerfer rockets come down fast, suppress, and have good damage. It is easy to get many kills with it. At least you can run away after the first Katyusha barrage.
25 Dec 2015, 22:52 PM

I think both need a damage nerf. They are both so devastating.
26 Dec 2015, 01:32 AM
Patrion 28

i find the pwerfer very strong right now but it's almost entirely because of the suppression. both the katy and the pwerfer have high scatter and will miss or hit spectacularly but the suppression means that the pwerer has utility even when it doesn't hit. the katy has a small advantage with the sustained barrage but that is only useful when trying to hit retreating units as it makes it easier to time or hit a slightly spread out retreat; the volleys add nothing to general katy use.
26 Dec 2015, 01:35 AM

Is the calliope that OP? It costs a lot more than the panzerwerfer, and is the star of an otherwise mediocre doctrine. It doesn't suppress either.
26 Dec 2015, 03:42 AM

I would say both the werfer and calliope are pretty strong. The werfer's primary disadvantage being it's tech requirements and the calliopes being it's call in cost. I definitely do not think it's op in 1v1 due to its accessibility. In larger game modes I feel that While it is powerful, when comparing to Soviets it's better then the Katy but then Soviets just have a lot more indirect options in general-su76, zis barrage(i know it's expensive but it's flexible) on top the Katy and mortar. Ml-20 is also available on more useful commanders then the lef18 is.

So strong yes. Too strong? Possible in team modes though only slightly. OP? Probably not.
26 Dec 2015, 04:06 AM

Wow.. PW finally gets some use and now its OP?... ugh this community is so hopeless...
26 Dec 2015, 09:35 AM

Panzerwerfer is OP, aoe should be nerfed.
26 Dec 2015, 09:46 AM

Coz wiping vet 3 rifles or IS with double upgrades from max range on general basis is not
some use
its
OP

Also i find your statement about community quite ironical.
26 Dec 2015, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 20:24 PMpugzii
its pretty good, seriously good in teamgames. I find it hilarious people complain about a 140 fuel calliope but think an 85fuel pwerfer is fine.

Panzerwerfer dies to one at hit, calliope can bounce shots and take a lot more. Calliope requires no tech, while panzerwerfer requires expensive t4.
26 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 09:46 AMJadame!
Coz wiping vet 3 rifles or IS with double upgrades from max range on general basis is not its

Also i find your statement about community quite ironical.

ironical aye? whats ironical about it?
26 Dec 2015, 10:13 AM

It really shines against blobs but I feel its extremely rng against static team weapons and emplacements and maybe even underpowered against emplacements.
26 Dec 2015, 10:13 AM

yes, nerf it, Give moar reasons to go 2xOPKW lol
26 Dec 2015, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 10:13 AMCafo
It really shines against blobs but I feel its extremely rng against static team weapons and emplacements and maybe even underpowered against emplacements.

this.. its an anti blob machine.. So when those hordes of U.S unites are coming at your grens you can stop them.. or at least scare them... or even have them....wait... SPLIT!

Just like callip completely destroys OKW blobs and also really injures vehicles... It does its job... No need to nerf callip either.. well.. maybe callip a little but i never had a problem with it.
26 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM

Guys, just compare the stats between the Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer.

- PW AoE: (80 * 0.3) -> 3x more than Katyusha (80 * 0.1)
- PW does full damage vs garrisons -> Katyusha does 25% damage vs garrisons

(I am not even taking the firing pattern or the suppression into account here)

Since both units cost exactly the same, and both require max tech, shouldn't Panzerwerfer's performance be somewhat comparable to the Katyusha?

If you are too lazy to fire up the Attribute editor, here are the links:
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=panzerwerfer_rockets_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=katyusha_bm_13_16_rocket_mp

PS: If you haven't been getting consistent wipes with your Panzerwerfer yet, I would advice moving to a closer range. I have _never_ failed to wipe a teamweapon or an unsuspecting squad with the werfer.
26 Dec 2015, 11:09 AM

Guys, just compare the stats between the Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer.

- PW AoE: (80 * 0.3) -> 3x more than Katyusha (80 * 0.1)
- PW does full damage vs garrisons -> Katyusha does 25% damage vs garrisons

(I am not even taking the firing pattern or the suppression into account here)

Since both units cost exactly the same, and both require max tech, shouldn't Panzerwerfer's performance be somewhat comparable to the Katyusha?

If you are too lazy to fire up the Attribute editor, here are the links:
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=panzerwerfer_rockets_mp
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=katyusha_bm_13_16_rocket_mp

PS: If you haven't been getting consistent wipes with your Panzerwerfer yet, I would advice moving to a closer range. I have _never_ failed to wipe a teamweapon or an unsuspecting squad with the werfer.

Of course it should. Katyusha is a perfect example of balanced arty. Can wipe stuff, but leave you chance to survive or dodge. On the other hand Calliope and PzWerfer simply wipe without chances to retreat, dodge or survive.

It's just people whi think that if something is balanced it's UP (Katy, Brummbar, Panther as an examples) and when it's OP, they consider it as a balanced.
26 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

Of course it should. Katyusha is a perfect example of balanced arty. Can wipe stuff, but leave you chance to survive or dodge. On the other hand Calliope and PzWerfer simply wipe without chances to retreat, dodge or survive.

It's just people whi think that if something is balanced it's UP (Katy, Brummbar, Panther as an examples) and when it's OP, they consider it as a balanced.

and your opinion is of course the right one
26 Dec 2015, 12:24 PM

I think Ost in general is the most balanced and interesting faction relying on combined arms (which other factions can be balanced around it) but Panzerwerfer is unquestionably OP and needs to be tuned down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★