Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer?

16 Dec 2015, 22:45 PM

PW are to strong imo in team games, cheap, strong damage, so i vote OP in both game modes. In 2v2 are big density of units, so he are to good for this.

says strong in teamgames

votes op for all modes

you make 0 sense
16 Dec 2015, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned

says strong in teamgames

votes op for all modes

you make 0 sense

Coz i dont know words how to write about it and google say use TO STRONG :D, not strong.
I think need ask Price after todays games vs Jesulin, how he feel PW in 1v1 :snfPeter:.
16 Dec 2015, 23:29 PM

It wipes squads and it's almost unavoidable. Sound isn't as noticeable as Kat or Stuka are, and all the rockets come in the first salvo with almost no scatter.

Some damage reduce or scatter reduce would be fine.
17 Dec 2015, 01:53 AM

voted OP.

not sure what u guys are smoking with 'blob counter tools'.

its a wipe machine. it doesnt counter blobs, it outright wipes everything, even a squad on its own. does that count as a blob?

it performs like OP pre-nerfed katyushas which axis fgts cried like little puddings untill its nerfed. if its in axis arsenal its suddenly okay?
17 Dec 2015, 01:57 AM
Donator 11

Why did these become a problem suddenly? They were buffed like 2-3 months ago, but now in the past 3 weeks I see lots of people discuss them. What happened?
17 Dec 2015, 02:06 AM
Patrion 14

Why did these become a problem suddenly? They were buffed like 2-3 months ago, but now in the past 3 weeks I see lots of people discuss them. What happened?

is this a genuine question or are you insinuating something?
17 Dec 2015, 02:47 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 02:06 AMpigsoup

is this a genuine question or are you insinuating something?

Its a genuine question! I just remember it being buffed but never hearing about it, now I hear about it a lot. So I was wondering if something else has happened :/
17 Dec 2015, 02:54 AM

I dont think people really caught on to them being as good as they are. I never really saw them until recently.
17 Dec 2015, 03:04 AM

wehr t4 need a price decrease in general. The fact that it's unreachable in 1v1 distort the balance.

otherwise I would decrease the firing rate of the panzerwerfer. basically slow down the rocket launch sequence so you don't get hit by 10+ rockets at once.
17 Dec 2015, 04:36 AM

Because people are blobbing more then ever
17 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 02:54 AMArclyte
I dont think people really caught on to them being as good as they are. I never really saw them until recently.

Because people are blobbing more then ever

one logical answer and one delusional rambling.

I'll help you which one is which.

The CAS Commander was OP when it was out. Took more than a full year to get to now and shave a couple months off that to get to a "balanced" state.

Another thing was that OKW was weak in team games and brits were kicking ass, which meant OST really needed to keep the field presence up throughout the whole game. so T3 was more common. now, OKW as strong as ever in team modes, a little shy away from their former heydays, OST T4 became easiest to get since WFA launch.

Panzerwerfer is a blob counter like soviet demo is a blob counter. this logic is ridiculous.

WIPE MACHINE =/= BLOB COUNTER in case anyone didn't get that.

I have seen it when it got buffed. But almost no one was using it. top 3v3 teams have figured out soon after that and it is same shit again and again for them. I have seen the same pattern when elephant was the shit and when CAS was the shit... to name a few.

It's rocket travel time is low and
It should receive similiar damage to all other rocket artillery. Right now it wipes everything (especially teamweapons) that can walk. It's aoe far damage is 3x stronger than the Katyusha's damage and 2x stronger than the Calliope.

Oh and did I mention the 100% damage modifier against units in buildings?

A unit that has been bat shit OP first when it got buffed 2 -3 months ago but the weakness of Axis in team games and general hardship of getting to OST T4 hid its true nature.

17 Dec 2015, 09:12 AM

Its a genuine question! I just remember it being buffed but never hearing about it, now I hear about it a lot. So I was wondering if something else has happened :/

Meta, just like Counterattack. More and more people start using and realise it's potential.
17 Dec 2015, 11:49 AM

Can't be cahnged in any way till brumbarr and ostwind recieve strong buffs.No other viable lategame blob counter available for wehrmacht.

Give grens late game 5 man upgrade to combat usf doom blob.
17 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM

17 Dec 2015, 14:41 PM

I agree right now that the Werfer is OP in team games, and the only reason its not in 1v1s is because it is in tier 4. With this in mine the Werfer should be balanced for team games (for right now). There are a few units that are team game only use (JT, Ele, and Built Howlys), and they should be balanced as such.

I would say either relic needs to bring the other rocket arty in line with the Panzerwerfer, or the other way around. I would like it some were in the middle to tell you the truth. I still want the PW to be used and do it job just not to wipe everything. So this is what i would bo.

Nerf the panzerwerfers damage to the Katys level, but lower its scatter and area of effect. This will make the panzerwerfers still strong at taking out one unit or clustered enemies, but make it suck at area denial. Giving it, it's spot and flavor like all other rocket arty other then the KAt :foreveralone:
17 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

lelic buffed it so much, that even the crying ost scrubberinos would use anything else besides panther spam.
17 Dec 2015, 14:59 PM

Yes, Panzerwerfer is in strange position, wery rare in 1v1 and quite popular in 2v2+, and yes - its wipe machine. Like a lot of people have noticed you have no time to react. Stuka zu Fuß - its loud, projectiles are fairly slow and falls in line, so you have room to doodge. Katyusha - well it is own shadow of older version, its almost never wipe at first salvo, well... don't wipe at all, so you have plenty of time to react, I even think that the window is too big. Calliopa - well its very strong, maybe OP, but it also doesn't wipe at first salvo, just next salvo strikes too fast or maybe problem is in AOE I'm not sure in this case. So Panzerwerfer problem could be solved by - slower and more noticeable projectiles, or by spreading it for 2 salvoes.
25 Dec 2015, 20:01 PM

After many games I need to change my opinion from Fine/OP to OP.

This is freaking wipe machine. Sure, it should punish blob but is does not give a chance to survive for crew weapons.

If yoy fought really well and gained vet 3 on mortars or at guns and you hear the rocket, it's impossible to run away even if you hit retreat at the same time.

Katyusha should taken as an example of pefect mobile arty. Deadly, can be dodge, does not mean insta wipe.

PzWerfer is deadly, almost impossible to dodge and means insta wipe.

This thing needs nerf. Not because it kills blobs, but because it does not leave chance to save crew weapons.
25 Dec 2015, 20:05 PM

Permanently Banned
+1
25 Dec 2015, 20:08 PM

Permanently Banned
And i whant say about his vet 1 ability, imo its look strange.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak