Login

russian armor

Any reason ostheer medical kits don't heal to full health?

16 Dec 2015, 11:34 AM
Patrion 14

Tried using this ability(vet 1 ability for ostheer infantry) and for its price; it's not worth it if it only heals a model to half or half and quarter of its HP. If anyone knows the exact amount it heals by and can post it here that would be great.

Either way, should be buffed to heal to full health.
16 Dec 2015, 12:04 PM

Agree, right now medkits are pretty pants. The only alternative would be to lower their cost but that would just make them a chore to micro, so increasing their healing ability is the logical step forward.
16 Dec 2015, 12:08 PM

I have stopped using them a long time ago. I simly build a medic bunker behind a shot blocker in my schwer punkt and get a halftrack to reinforce with.

The vet 1 healing is way to expensive for its performance.
16 Dec 2015, 14:50 PM

I use it to heal sniper so I dont need to retreat with him after he get few shots
16 Dec 2015, 15:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Solution: it fully heals the squad, panzergrenadier and stormtrooper med kits can be used on themselves. Pioneer and grenadier med kits remain the same.
16 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM
Patrion 14

Honestly it's so useless if they don't make it heal full health they should just take it out of the game and replace it with something worthwhile. Which I would probably prefer anyway.
16 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

A lot of vet abilities need to be looked at.
16 Dec 2015, 17:54 PM

Agreed, thing makes no sense, niche at best.

But other vet is also desperately in need of being examined (point cap on KV2).
16 Dec 2015, 18:13 PM

Most active healing abilities don't heal to full health.

USF didn't either until they made the ambulance a toggle rather than an active ability. (Why did this happen btw? To cater to scrubs who couldn't micro it?)

Brit heal and ostheer medkits work the same way, they heal about 75-80% so if you're extremely low on hp you won't get quite to full health. Maybe there's some variance in the exact numbers but this has been my basic experience with such abilities.

16 Dec 2015, 18:23 PM

I use it to heal sniper so I dont need to retreat with him after he get few shots

DOH! Why haven't i tought of that. stupid me...
16 Dec 2015, 19:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I've used more counter barrage or infantry detection than medkits on OH. I think i used it less than 5 times since release (an only on snipers when they had lower healtH)
16 Dec 2015, 20:53 PM

Most active healing abilities don't heal to full health.

USF didn't either until they made the ambulance a toggle rather than an active ability. (Why did this happen btw? To cater to scrubs who couldn't micro it?)

Brit heal and ostheer medkits work the same way, they heal about 75-80% so if you're extremely low on hp you won't get quite to full health. Maybe there's some variance in the exact numbers but this has been my basic experience with such abilities.

I will respond to both of your questions, but find it sad you need to insult others just to ask a question.

1) Most healing abilities are designed to remove the need for the player to micro the unit while being healed. This takes time away from the point of the game which is combat and unit placement, not baby sitting base structures.

2) The ambulance was changed because it made no sense that a healing unit, often restricted to the base sectors, should require the USF players attention every 60 seconds to click a button. It would be like, rifles won't fire their guns unless you hit the "k" key every 60 seconds. It is needless micro.

The difference with Brit heal is quite large, it heals in a radius (so you can get multiple units healed simultaneously), it requires no cost after the initial investment. It is micro light, a single click gets it done. And it comes on multiple squads making full health healing easy. The only real similarity is that they are both carried by infantry units.
16 Dec 2015, 21:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 18:23 PMJespe

DOH! Why haven't i tought of that. stupid me...

It's pretty much just that and maybe healing an AT gun that you're really afraid you're going to need soon 'cause those things have to walk all the back to the base med bunker.

The difference with Brit heal is quite large, it heals in a radius (so you can get multiple units healed simultaneously), it requires no cost after the initial investment. It is micro light, a single click gets it done. And it comes on multiple squads making full health healing easy. The only real similarity is that they are both carried by infantry units.

Ambulance heal also always healed in a radius, but microing the (finicky) medics that'd you have bail out of the Ambulance when the latter is cooling down and getting them back in when Ambulance healing is up again was way more dicks than like, getting two medic ISes at most and having to click just one of them.
16 Dec 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 21:07 PMVuther

Ambulance heal also always healed in a radius, but microing the (finicky) medics that'd you have bail out of the Ambulance when the latter is cooling down and getting them back in when Ambulance healing is up again was way more dicks than like, getting two medic ISes at most and having to click just one of them.

Whoops sorry this wasn't clearer. I was referring to the Ost med packs at this point not the ambulance.
16 Dec 2015, 21:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Whoops sorry this wasn't clearer. I was referring to the Ost med packs at this point not the ambulance.

Ah, ok.
17 Dec 2015, 02:20 AM

Too expensive for 20 munitions. As Wehr you need to spend munitions for many other upgrades so don't waste them on this ability.

I'm afraid relic just ignore this like many other issues from feedback. Like Wehr T4 tech cost, Brummbar, T34/76, M8 Greyhound, Sexton, OKW Assault Artillery, etc.

These things have been obvioulsy UP for such a long long time and have been talked about a ton of times. People never ever use them again but Relic J U S T always ignore them. So let us wait for another one year. :foreveralone:
17 Dec 2015, 06:53 AM

it should heal 80 hp (full) at the least.

and probably a cost decrease to 15 munition.

I can see the ability being really powerful combined with a HT, but the medkit is just too munition inefficient to be worth it.
17 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

Hello.

Untouched, this ability seems to fall in the category of "nice but i have better things to do" like the tripwireflare of the sovietz.
Most of he time a médibunker at the base is a far more cost effective on the long term, particulary in teamgames (and far less microintensive)
As stated before, the occasionnal sniper heal makes it cute, but i would prefer something else(a smoke, a UKFheal, sandbagz, a hitzedirt stance,...)

Kozo
17 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

So the ambulance was changed because it was a "micro tax" and yet brit heal functions exactly the same way . That's a very inconsistent argument. The old ambulance was fine, making it a toggle just makes it easier for people to forget they even built it. It caters to the type of player who will park it in their base and pretend its a med bunker rather than get the full utility of the unit. It also prevented USF from ever having units that weren't healed up, like they used to if it was on cooldown or if they needed multiple usages to get full health. It was actually a pretty big buff to USF even if it masquerades as a quality of life fix. Imagine if Soviets could AoE heal all their infantry like that instead of waiting for their medics to attend to each man? USF had the medic inside the ambulance if they wanted passive healing.

I'm not saying the brit heal isn't better (but you know, different faction, different tools) I'm just saying that all active heals have historically not restored full health to a squad that was extremely low on health. Personally, I'd like to see ostheer medkits reworked to be dropped like mini sturmpio medkits. They wouldn't heal as much per kit, but they could be relatively cheap (10-15 muni) and could then be stolen by the enemy or used to self heal rather than the current dated implementation that ties up two squads for a few seconds.

17 Dec 2015, 18:21 PM

So the ambulance was changed because it was a "micro tax" and yet brit heal functions exactly the same way . That's a very inconsistent argument. The old ambulance was fine, making it a toggle just makes it easier for people to forget they even built it. It caters to the type of player who will park it in their base and pretend its a med bunker rather than get the full utility of the unit. It also prevented USF from ever having units that weren't healed up, like they used to if it was on cooldown or if they needed multiple usages to get full health. It was actually a pretty big buff to USF even if it masquerades as a quality of life fix. Imagine if Soviets could AoE heal all their infantry like that instead of waiting for their medics to attend to each man? USF had the medic inside the ambulance if they wanted passive healing.

I'm not saying the brit heal isn't better (but you know, different faction, different tools) I'm just saying that all active heals have historically not restored full health to a squad that was extremely low on health. Personally, I'd like to see ostheer medkits reworked to be dropped like mini sturmpio medkits. They wouldn't heal as much per kit, but they could be relatively cheap (10-15 muni) and could then be stolen by the enemy or used to self heal rather than the current dated implementation that ties up two squads for a few seconds.

Indeed active heal options the Brits now have are similar, BUT the Brit player has the discretion to use them on the field wherever they might need them. The USF player rarely moves the ambulance so the additional micro required was silly. It did not encourage better game play.

I agree that sturm pio kits are actually useful, not great, but useful. If Ost changed to that it would be fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★