Login

russian armor

Elite Troops Stun Grenades causing terrible gameplay

17 Dec 2015, 21:17 PM

Anything that breaks a retreat shouldn't be in game. Personally I think its fine if I have to wait to retreat after being stunned, but if I hit retreat before the explosion I think its reasonable to expect that the squad retreats like it does in every other situation.
18 Dec 2015, 01:36 AM

Do you have a video or a replay of the issue? I've been unable to:

Stop a Retreating Squad with a Stun Grenade
or
Stopping a Squad from Retreating after getting hit with a Stun Grenade.

Thanks

fix the blitz grenades in coh1 they do the same
18 Dec 2015, 02:36 AM

remember when the stuka close air support strafing run pinned your units WHILE they were retreating? Ahhh fun times
18 Dec 2015, 17:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 02:36 AMNinjaWJ
remember when the stuka close air support strafing run pinned your units WHILE they were retreating? Ahhh fun times

At least someone remembers.
21 Dec 2015, 01:11 AM

1. I killed an Ost mortar and recrewed it.

2. I clicked retire but the squad was stunned by stun grenade.

3. After the stunt effect passed the squad started to run to base but got killed.

4. After some time I recrewed the same mortar again, but I wasnt able to move it or even retire it.

5. Enemy killed my immobilized mortar crew and recrewed the mortar for himself but he wasn't able to move the squad or retire it either.
21 Dec 2015, 02:37 AM
Donator 11

This is what I have been trying to say. I'm not trying to "nerf axis."

Of course a mine, thrown grenade or gunfire should damage retreating units. It's interrupting retreating that is the issue.

You are fighting a losing battle here. Its obviously easier to set up strawmen against you than actually consider the consequences of something that cancels retreat.

Im in total agreement. The stun nades feel like cheating on retreating units.
21 Dec 2015, 03:21 AM
Patrion 27

You are fighting a losing battle here. Its obviously easier to set up strawmen against you than actually consider the consequences of something that cancels retreat.

Im in total agreement. The stun nades feel like cheating on retreating units.

I'm just humoring him. Cuddletronic already responded to me and checked the replay so I'm not worried about the guy who ALREADY admitted that he has little experience with or against stun nades has to say. Without his playercard displayed I can only assume he has zero matches played and is simply a forum warrior.
21 Dec 2015, 04:21 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm just humoring him. Cuddletronic already responded to me and checked the replay so I'm not worried about the guy who ALREADY admitted that he has little experience with or against stun nades has to say. Without his playercard displayed I can only assume he has zero matches played and is simply a forum warrior.

Ugh, this thread reminds me of the thread I made August last year on the official forums about Scavenger Artillery destroying USF bases, causing a loss in a 1v1, then people telling me I can repair my base and don't need to pay fuel to rebuild it so it's not OP...
:foreveralone:

I wonder if the same behavior on sturmpioneer concussion grenade is present. You don't see them too often.
21 Dec 2015, 22:59 PM
Patrion 28

Well no, because retreat exists specifically to escape suppression/pin.

and also stun and the vast majority of knockback, using dow2 as an example.
18 Feb 2016, 23:10 PM
Patrion 27

Thanks I was able to repro the Issue after getting the replay to work.

And now the patch notes for the 25th include Stun Grenade issues! Thank you very much for your prompt responses here and implementing the fixes Cuddle and the rest of the COH2 team.
6 of 6 Relic postsRelic 18 Feb 2016, 23:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

And now the patch notes for the 25th include Stun Grenade issues! Thank you very much for your prompt responses here and implementing the fixes Cuddle and the rest of the COH2 team.

There still 1 issue with the Stun Grenades, but all the nasty ones should be fixed now.

Thanks for all the info
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
Germany 862
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %