Login

russian armor

Enough is enough, fix the volks

PAGES (14)down
15 Dec 2015, 22:32 PM

Volkspam. So eSports ready. Much smoothness.

IncNade is the biggest BS ever evolved since 2006 vCoh. And shrecks are the icing on the cake.

Panzer Grens had shrecks in coh1 too and incendiary grenades SOMEHOW it worked out.
15 Dec 2015, 22:32 PM

Volkspam. So eSports ready. Much smoothness.

IncNade is the biggest BS ever evolved since 2006 vCoh. And shrecks are the icing on the cake.

Good point. Since USF has no "standard" mines to help counter the blob, using suppression units like the .50 or fighting position is moot with IncNade. One IncNade and they're gone. Unlike a "regular" nade, your unit/position has zero chance of surviving and staying in the fight with a IncNade.

Any flavor of the halftrack has to be micro'd to avoid shrek fire, even when they're suppressed.
15 Dec 2015, 22:34 PM

Panzer Grens had shrecks in coh1 too and incendiary grenades SOMEHOW it worked out.

MG suppressed them much farther out and no intel bulletins to negate that suppression.
15 Dec 2015, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 22:34 PMGhostTX

MG suppressed them much farther out and no intel bulletins to negate that suppression.

I'm sure volks suppression bulletin does not reduce AoE Suppression. It only reduces individual suppression. Individual suppression as in 1 squad charging an MG. AoE suppression as in suppressing a whole group and the AoE goes far and wide. It will even suppress squads out of arc.

I haven't had much of a difficulty facing these blobs yet. I usually get 2 mgs as brits and usf. As sovs I have a con merged shock horde Kappa
16 Dec 2015, 00:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 22:34 PMGhostTX

lol who the fuck uses intel bulletins for reducing suppression
16 Dec 2015, 00:13 AM

I have stopped building tanks and vehicles against OKW

Its a waste
16 Dec 2015, 00:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm sure volks suppression bulletin does not reduce AoE Suppression. It only reduces individual suppression. Individual suppression as in 1 squad charging an MG. AoE suppression as in suppressing a whole group and the AoE goes far and wide. It will even suppress squads out of arc.

Probably, since cover doesn't help against AoE suppression either.
16 Dec 2015, 00:48 AM

Time to spam suppression and L2Kite
16 Dec 2015, 00:53 AM

I haven't had much of a difficulty facing these blobs yet. I usually get 2 mgs as brits and usf. As sovs I have a con merged shock horde Kappa

Would love to see some replays.
16 Dec 2015, 01:37 AM

Blobs are more likely when...
... team weapons are not accessible enough
... basic infantry is too versatile

Both WFA factions suffer from team weapons not being as accesible as they should in order to encouraged more combined arms play (infantry + team weapons = neat placement game)
In OKW's case, that's because the MG is doctrinal. It should not be doctrinal.

Assuming they'd get the non-doctrinal HMG, it would make even more sense to remove some of the versititly from Volks. I would then be in favor of removing the Schrecks for Panzerfausts, removing the fire grenade for the regular grenade and adding a late-game upgrade of Mp44s.
16 Dec 2015, 02:28 AM

Less durable and more expensive Panzgrens, no heavy tanks, no medium tanks, no JP4, lots of side upgrades. No means of defending territory.

If okw turns into PE with 2 infantry units, no medium tank, lots of sideupgrades, and changes to vehicles to encourage offense
16 Dec 2015, 02:45 AM

I find volks blobs incredibly easy to deal with Kappa

guess he nvr think about going shock/Rifle BAR/IS with double bren behind cover (late game all terrain is almost yellow)

:guyokay:
16 Dec 2015, 04:04 AM

Heavy volk play with shreks is counterable but also insanely boring, ahistorical, and lame.

Pretty much my thoughts.
16 Dec 2015, 05:21 AM

I find volks blobs incredibly easy to deal with Kappa

show me a replay of ur own game when u dealt with a good skilled blob incredibly easy, otherwise stop the bullshit plz kappa :)
16 Dec 2015, 05:30 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 05:21 AMAladdin

show me a replay of ur own game when u dealt with a good skilled blob incredibly easy, otherwise stop the bullshit plz kappa :)

Skilled blob? When theres a blob there is no skill. You either are good enough to handle it or you're not.

If you can't beat a blob as any faction with demoes, mines, or mgs. You fail.
16 Dec 2015, 05:35 AM

Skilled blob? When theres a blob there is no skill. You either are good enough to handle it or you're not.

If you can't beat a blob as any faction with demoes, mines, or mgs. You fail.

Better players can do more skilled blobs, it doesn't matter it call it no skill or no brainer, but better players do that more carefully/effectively/harder to counter
16 Dec 2015, 05:38 AM
Patrion 14

Skilled blobs is putting units into control groups and moving them all behind heavy cover/split pushing when engaging the enemy. Then focus firing with your 5-10+ squads onto a single target to get a squad wipe and get the ball rolling from there.

Skilled blobs exist and they are hard to counter if a good player knows how to dodge blob counters like pwerfers/katyushas/stukas/calliopes/etc.
16 Dec 2015, 06:10 AM

"But removing schreks from Volks would make OKW so weak. The raketen is so retarded, Allies would spam light vehicles and wreck poor old OKW"

*Wehrmacht laughs*

But yeah +1. Hopefully this change is included in the next patch. Otherwise I'm done with this game for realz.
16 Dec 2015, 06:41 AM

the average grenade range in coh2 is much longer than the average grenade range in coh1. This include the incendiary grenade for pe and OKW.
16 Dec 2015, 06:56 AM

Damage from 12 to 10, price to 235 mp.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 41
Germany 708
Netherlands 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W