Login

russian armor

Company Of Heroes 3

15 Dec 2015, 19:56 PM

I would like to see a US vs SU (cold war) like M1A1 vs T90s. Modern warfare. That would be very nice. Coh mechanics tho when it comes to cover and such. Up to date technology when it comes to the game engines. Ughh someone needs to do this. Similar to the old coh modern warfare mod. Maybe set to like 80s mid 80s
15 Dec 2015, 20:14 PM

Modern Warfare. Next coh better bring some actual warfare on the scene. But keep the tactical feeling. I am sure that it can be done. Cover is important, positioning is important. All coh series features can be implemented on a modern theater.
15 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM
Donator 11

Why is there no option for 1941-1942? Panzer III's, Crusaders, BT-7M's, with special guest "heavy" units, Panzer IV Ausf. F2, Cavalier, and T-34/76! Plus Armies like Italy or France could feature without being completely outgunned or flat out defeated by that point in time!

M26 Pershings, Centurions , T-44 Medium Tanks, and E-50 Standardpanzer :o

Exactly - they should set it in 1939-1941/2 so that they have the most factions and cool units to choose from. That way they can include multiple competitive factions on both sides and keep income from them while limiting the number of commanders to resonable numbers like 3 for example. Apart from ostheer no army has more than 3 viable commanders anyway.
15 Dec 2015, 20:39 PM

I'd actually like it to be about the pacific theatre, however not the standart US vs Japan scenario , but rather the base game should include china vs japan.

The far east theatre was to the pacific like the eastern front is to the western front. Huge battles, caused 20+ million deaths, and for some reason grossly underrepresented, even moreso than the eastern front..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

US could come in an expansion pack.
15 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 20:39 PMBurts
I'd actually like it to be about the pacific theatre, however not the standart US vs Japan scenario , but rather the base game should include china vs japan.

The far east theatre was to the pacific like the eastern front is to the western front. Huge battles, caused 20+ million deaths, and for some reason grossly underrepresented, even moreso than the eastern front..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

US could come in an expansion pack.

Relic wont make the same mistake again. Even the eastern front that is known and represented much widely than chineese one became a failure at the beginning due to people wanting western front that they know better. They had to make wfa even though they didnt want to and it wasnt planned in advance to keep sales. With chineese it would be even worse. First the game about front that literally nobody is interested about and then change to pacific to get at least american playerbase. In europe, especially germany that has the strongest coh community, players will refuse to buy such game. Coh without germans is like warhammer without orks, they are the most recognised part of the game.
15 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM

I think ww2 Pacific battle grounds would be awesome or Africa. allies vs Japan in jungle warfare would be pritty sick.
But i think is way too early to think about coh3,there is to much more to be done with coh2.

Ps relic, make the camera zoom out more on coh2 would make the game a billion times better

That's what I was hoping CoH2 was going to be, the Pacific campaign. US Marines vs Empire of Japan. The Japanese with tunnel networks, banzai charges, "garrison" snipers in trees, etc. They'd be the most unique side of CoH playing.
15 Dec 2015, 22:32 PM
Patrion 27

Modern Combat so I can use a Bradley.
15 Dec 2015, 23:01 PM

Japan will never happen, a 100-1 KD ratio with one faction using swords against a faction with MGs. Or one faction killing themselfs and throwing babies off clifs. It would be a turkey shoot
15 Dec 2015, 23:22 PM

Personally, I'd love to see a Cold War-era setting for CoH 3, like the Wargame series. CoH has such unique mechanics; I'd love to have it change settings adapt its style to a more modern setting. I think Relic could pull it off for sure. Other RTS just doesn't have anything on CoH.

I really don't want to see a Pacific WW2 theme for CoH 3. I'd love to see an expansion for Japan in CoH 2, but I'd never want a game solely based on that.
15 Dec 2015, 23:59 PM

The Pacific Theater would be interesting, but the one thing I keep thinking of is Men of War : Vietnam. The environments and type of warfare is so much different that it would really need to be its own separate entity. The conflict and combat was so much different that it'd be hard to have things carry over with Germans and Soviets involved as well. (As in, CoH doesn't have a ton of naval mechanics, outside of artillery that's coming from naval ships, apparently.
16 Dec 2015, 01:00 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Coh3 Modern Warfare

5 factions

UN
EU
CHINA/RUSSIA ALLIANCE
SOUTH EAST ASIA ALIANCE
ISIS

:snfPeter: In stores Winter 2017

you got me there :snfPeter:
16 Dec 2015, 01:52 AM

16 Dec 2015, 02:09 AM

Cold war era west vs eastern bloc countries, I think that would be the best direction for coh3 if they did it.

16 Dec 2015, 02:39 AM

Early Cold War.
16 Dec 2015, 02:52 AM

I would like to see a US vs SU (cold war) like M1A1 vs T90s. Modern warfare. That would be very nice. Coh mechanics tho when it comes to cover and such. Up to date technology when it comes to the game engines. Ughh someone needs to do this. Similar to the old coh modern warfare mod. Maybe set to like 80s mid 80s

Why m1a1 when m1a2 came out a year before the t-90 in service? I only know this because of wargame but yeah, I agree cold war setting seems fitting in almost every way and directly after ww2.

For factions they could literally add a majority of the world, Anzac, norad, North/south korea , china, any European country etc... content would be limitless.
16 Dec 2015, 02:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 16:31 PMF1sh
No, they should:

1. Make CoH2 F2P
2. Fix war spoils
3. Optimize game

Relic wont be able to support this game if it became F2P they'd have to turn to p2w Kappa
16 Dec 2015, 02:56 AM
Patrion 14

I only see two possibilities for a CoH3, assuming they change anything: Africa or 1941 (or both I guess).
16 Dec 2015, 02:58 AM

US Marines vs Imperial Japan as a base game for coh3 would be nice. I think having it start in the pacific and maybe expanding the game to include Europe would be a cool change.
16 Dec 2015, 03:08 AM
Donator 11

Modern Combat??? Like entire houses blowing up to grenade launchers? Like snipers going through three walls? Thermal vision, and like...INDESTRUCTABLE M1A1 Abrams!?!

Not with CoH mechanics. You'd need something different... like World In Conflict or EndWar (I loved EndWar... till the community died)
16 Dec 2015, 03:10 AM
Patrion 14

There are way too many problems with the Pacific:

1) Not really a "maneuver warfare" operation (at least on land)

2) No urban areas + thick foliage = terrible, monotonous maps

3) No Japanese armor, impossible to balance

4) (most importantly) At least it's kind of vaguely conceivable to see USSR and USA on the field together. But you would never ever have any other factions besides USA and Japan, thus no separate armies for DLC etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★