Login

russian armor

How tu use Stormtroopers

15 Dec 2015, 10:16 AM
Donator 22

Lately I´ve tried the Elite Troops Doctrin with some success, only with stormtroopers I struggle. Without the stg upgrade, I don´t have any use for them. So with the upgrade there quite good mid-close. But am I right what they get the same guns as the pgrens, but you buy 100 ammo? So isn´t it cheaper just to go for pgrens, because they get stgs+schrek if you upgrade, with storms this isn´t possible. So my question is, how do you use them? Do you upgrade them, and if so how?
I´m thankful for any advice
15 Dec 2015, 20:12 PM

I upgrade then with stg.

then hide in cover near some good VP out of main combat line.

If some suqads come i press tac.assault ability , stop hold fire and kil that squad in 2 seconds like in this vidoe by stormless
16 Dec 2015, 11:04 AM
Donator 11

They can be very very effective... but you need to spend much ammunition (too much imo).

Since last patch they are in the elite troops doctrine which isnt that ammunition heavy... so imo the best one to use Stormtroopers.

You can also try the new G43s for only 45 ammo on them.

As Hector said they can cloak - use it.
Also very good to counter sniper play on urban maps because you can pop them out of buildings next to the sniper.
Dont build more than 1-2 (too expensive) and dont skip Grens (you need the Faust)
16 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM
Donator 22

thanks for your replies. Stormtroopers with stg are quite good. But with g43 I dont have that much success. As far as I know, the g43 is also a mid-close range weapon, same as stg, so whats the reason to upgrade it?
With the upgrade to stgs you also get tactical assault as an ability. But with g43 you get nothing, only advantage they are cheap. Another thing that I noticed, they have really high vet requirements, I hardly get them to vet 3, while all my grens are vet 3 for ages.
One build order I came up with, was to skip tier 2 and go with 2-3 stormtrooper, one with schrek to deal with early vehicles, build t3 and build 1-2 stugs. And if the game isn´t over yet call in Tiger Ace. It works quite well, not that much in 1vs1, because you dont have paks but really well in 2vs2 upwards.
So yea in combination with Elite troops doctrin stormtroopers are good, because you can´t spend ammo on abilities or of map artillery and can upgrade them with stg. And then you have a really nice assault squad, almost like commandos before nerf.
17 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM
Donator 11

Yeah they should reduce the vet requirements a bit
17 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

G43's should give interrogation. They offer a low cost way to boost DPS, especially useful because the squad maintains high DPS even on the move.

STGs are better if you have munitions and can set up behind the lines.

Shreks seem overly expensive, but they are on a cloaked squad so could be useful.

In larger team games as your Allies make a push drop these guys in and start to wipe retreating squads or pick off weapon teams behind the lines. Soften up the defense to make the push last longer. Once done cloak them up and wait for the enemy to return.
17 Dec 2015, 18:39 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I go G43s and schrecks. It gives you super grenadiers plus tank hunter partisans/volks
17 Dec 2015, 18:56 PM
Donator 11

You treat them rather like commandos than assault troops, no matter the name. The cloak is what makes them strong, with every kind of upgrade.
19 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

There's also some doctrines that allow you to upgrade you infantry with ambush camouflage for 30 munitions. They get a 1.5 damage boost for like 5 seconds coming out of cover. You can put those on your normal pgrens and viola. Cheaper and for all units not just storms. Also allows cloak.
19 Dec 2015, 17:21 PM
Donator 33

They get a 1.5 damage boost for like 5 seconds coming out of cover.

Relic changed that to an accuracy boost. Made me sad. No more insta-killing light vehicles with double shrecks :guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Korea, Republic Of 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment