Login

russian armor

Panzer grenadiers are worthless without shreks upgrade

15 Dec 2015, 19:17 PM

I think they are fine, they do good damage to inf without shrecks, IMO storm troopers need the revamp.
15 Dec 2015, 21:49 PM
Donator 33

So are the Pgrens suffering from the same problem as Cons with their PPSH, that you must sacrifice something to perform better in one area, i mean you can always go Dankhunters and arm them with PTRS for a different role aswell :P
15 Dec 2015, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Remove medkits on vet1.

-RA buff on vet2 is split on vet1, to make it more steady the incremental performance of the unit

-Add smoke nades at vet2 (cause the RA is more than enough on that level)
15 Dec 2015, 22:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They're more or less fine. I think a small DPS increase at mid-range or moving some of their vet bonuses from 2 & 3 to 1 would make them entirely perfect. I'd regard any problems relating with them after that would be more based on other units.
-Remove medkits on vet1.

-RA buff on vet2 is split on vet1, to make it more steady the incremental performance of the unit

I lied, gieb smoke
15 Dec 2015, 22:19 PM

The issue is people are trying to use as shock troops, and they are not.

You really should be micro-ing them like you micro sturmpioneers, because they are very to each other in terms of weapon profile.
15 Dec 2015, 22:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 22:19 PMZeaviS
The issue is people are trying to use as shock troops, and they are not.

You really should be micro-ing them like you micro sturmpioneers, because they are very to each other in terms of weapon profile.

This is incorrect. Sturmpioneer STG-44s are not assault rifles, they are closer to smgs like the Thompson in terms of weapon profile.

Panzergrenadiers have much better firepower at range. At mid range, they will beat any squad in the game assuming fairly equal vet (ie. vet 2 pgrens vs. vet 3 bar rifles). At long range, they have as a squad similar DPS as an lmg42.
15 Dec 2015, 22:46 PM

They get steam rolled by double bars rifleman and at medium range both pz grens and IS in green cover..the pz grens still lose models faster.I would rather use grens with lmg as AI than pz grens 95% of time
15 Dec 2015, 22:50 PM

'cuz you shooting that RIFLE NADE! i wish i had a long range rifle nade... oh the old days where you couldn't even tell it was coming before the nerf was ludicrous (vet 3)
15 Dec 2015, 23:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Pgrens are weak. They barely win firefights at mid range, and become irrelevant late game unless you turn corners on squads in point blank range.
15 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM

Are you guys all smoking crack?!

These guys are easily the best all around infantry unit. Not to mention Stg has no moving accuracy penalty.
15 Dec 2015, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not to mention Stg has no moving accuracy penalty.

That was about 2 years ago, I'm afraid.

This is incorrect. Sturmpioneer STG-44s are not assault rifles, they are closer to smgs like the Thompson in terms of weapon profile.

They really should change that again...
16 Dec 2015, 01:16 AM

-Remove medkits on vet1.

Very similar to what I suggested a while back, and so I agree.

Smoke would be interesting, I guess it would be ok to try it out on these guys, although they are already fairly lethal at vet 2.
16 Dec 2015, 01:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Very similar to what I suggested a while back, and so I agree.

Smoke would be interesting, I guess it would be ok to try it out on these guys, although they are already fairly lethal at vet 2.

Think I'd prefer it at vet 1, thinking about it. Vet 2 is about a time PGs already start to feel a lot better anyway.
16 Dec 2015, 02:13 AM

The bundled grenade is a piece of cr*p- you'd think that 4X the grenades would mean 4X the damage but in reality it's just an overpriced white elephant.

PGs do some nice damage attacking from ambush camoflage. The doctrines that allow ambush camo are a bit weak though.
16 Dec 2015, 02:37 AM

Whether or not you build Panzgrens depends on map and army composition.

Medium to close range map where you have combined arms with Pios, Sniper, Grens, 251, Mortar HT, etc, Panzgrens are amazing if you use them defensively and to flank.

But if you expect them to perform like retarded okw infantry you'll be disappointed.
16 Dec 2015, 03:32 AM

I agree that bundled nade isn't that great, if it was more powerful it would go a long way towards helping these guys at close range.
16 Dec 2015, 06:29 AM

Permanently Banned
If bundled grenades got their grenade damage raised from 80 to 100.
And british commando grenades damage lower from 120 to 100. It would pretty much fix nade balance.

Though guard nades may need a looking at, dunno how they fare.
16 Dec 2015, 09:27 AM

250 mp volk vet 0 lose slower models than 340mp vet 0 Pz grens..Seriously i better stay at medium rang with grens and lmg than to stay with pz grens that miss enemies so often and lose models so fast.Why IS squads lose so hard the models and they lose first hp then models???axis first lose models then hp...that's ridiculous
16 Dec 2015, 10:48 AM
Donator 33

250 mp volk vet 0 lose slower models than 340mp vet 0 Pz grens..Seriously i better stay at medium rang with grens and lmg than to stay with pz grens that miss enemies so often and lose models so fast.Why IS squads lose so hard the models and they lose first hp then models???axis first lose models then hp...that's ridiculous
its all about that who gets targeted, if a 6 man squad comes from around the corner, then all of the enemy soldiers will shoot at the first guy who appears, resulting in a quick model loss, but in open combat with clear lines of sight, each soldier might have his own target, resulting in a loss of HP and the battle drags on before the men start dying
16 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

Stick em in green cover, use them on the defence, and they'll beat countless enemy squads before they have to retreat themselves.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★