Login

russian armor

Can we discuss the PIAT?

14 Dec 2015, 04:20 AM

I think if you drive right up to a PIAT squad the near accuracy should track. Currently circle strafe and you've got PIATs defeated.

I think this is a fair compromise. As I do agree with Doggy that you can't make them too accurate or else they would absolutely rape Mediums and Heavies. Not sure this is feasible programming wise but I'd settle for a munitions ability that any PIAT equipped squad could fire an "Aimed Shot" that either tracks or has better Accuracy.

14 Dec 2015, 04:24 AM

PIAT works very well against infantry, way better than zooks and shreks LOL which is not the roll it intend though.
14 Dec 2015, 05:13 AM

piats are supposed to kill tanks and its only good against inf?
14 Dec 2015, 08:06 AM

Hello.

How can you criticize this wonderful marvelous weapon of ass destruction that do TEERIBLE TEERIBLE dammage on everything that doesn't run faaast.
If it doesnt run it is dead.

Kozo.
14 Dec 2015, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 00:30 AMHavenco

I agree that the PIAT shouldn't be able to track, it's part of what makes it feel unique.

W-T-F dudes, are there actually people who think this AT weapon is any good?
This is garbage, complete garbage as it can't hit shit. Just keep moving with your vehicle and it won't hit you.

Really, this weapon needs to track like any other hand-held AT weapon (zooks, shreks, pshrecks, ...)
14 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM
Patrion 14

The PIAT would be fine if the rest of the faction didn't have so many issues dealing with enemy light armor. PIAT is an anti-heavy weapon on a faction with insane amounts of high end AT.

My fix:

PIAT cost to 60
PIAT damage to 80.
PIAT pen stays same as is.
PIATs now have panzershreck accuracy. (so it can track like other AT)
PIATs now no longer do deflection damage.

Well, to be honest, my fix would be to give infantry sections or royal engineers a new hammer/ anvil choice.

Choosing to unlock AEC (hammer) gives Infantry sections the tank hunter infantry section AT nade

Choosing to unlock Bofors (Anvil) gives Royal Engineers the ability to plant light AT mines (like in Soviet tank hunter tactics)
14 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

For that price, any buff would break it imo...
The last thing UKF needs is a no-brainer weapon upgrade for their infantry...
14 Dec 2015, 09:38 AM

Await the cangaroo commander and the tables will turn :snfPeter:
14 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM

Imo the main issue is the luck of collision...

I have made some suggestion in this thread:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45949/the-inconsistent-performance-of-piats
14 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM
Donator 11

penetration is a joke.

Piat blob killed my KT in 4seconds and 3min after an elephant in 5 seconds... working as intended :facepalm:

Defintely needs a penetration nerf, dmg nerf especially annoying on medium tanks and light vehicles and maybe also a firerate nerf.
Higher firerate in cover would be something I would encourage
14 Dec 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 09:52 AMSwonVIP
penetration is a joke.

Piat blob killed my KT in 4seconds and 3min after an elephant in 5 seconds... working as intended :facepalm:

It has probably more to do with the fact that Piat can score rear hit even when fired from the front and with high deflection damage, and less with penetration...
14 Dec 2015, 09:55 AM
Donator 11

yeah you are probably right.
and it also hits the weak top armor all the time... but thats a balance no brainer... combined with the cheaper reinforce costs for IS. Piat blobs are too effective.
14 Dec 2015, 10:01 AM

People calling for the PIAT to be nerfed...

No wonder this game is a mess...
14 Dec 2015, 10:04 AM

People reply without bothering to reading and understand.
No wonder this forum is mess...

Piats are very efficient against large sized slow moving target, like the elephant and king tiger.

It also very ineffective against fast small size targets....

14 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 10:04 AMVipper

People reply without bothering to reading and understand.
No wonder this forum is mess...

Piats are very efficient against large sized slow moving target, like the elephant and king tiger.

It also very ineffective against fast small size targets....

Oh I've read it thankyou very much. So it's only effective against what, two or three specific units? Nurf naow pls! Against anything that moves faster its an absolute joke. I agree with the opinions of giving it some better accuracy and faster projectile speed, maybe along with a cost increase too if its performance justifies it.

Can't see what the issue is with that.
14 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM

Oh I've read it thankyou very much. So it's only effective against what, two or three specific units? Nurf naow pls!

You are welcome.

And most units that have their engine damaged and all stationary targets.

Did you actually see many in this thread post asking it to be nerfed?
14 Dec 2015, 10:20 AM

penetration is a joke.

Defintely needs a penetration nerf, dmg nerf especially annoying on medium tanks and light vehicles and maybe also a firerate nerf.

I can confirm this. Piat blobs are retarded. I think they are overperforming ( maybe because of the vet3 IS bonus? Btw PIATs also have 100% accuracy vs Snipers and instakill them. Btw Piats also kill normal infantry like a cod nuubtuub.

lol :foreveralone:

14 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

penetration is a joke.

Piats do 120 dmg on Penetration (Schreck). However, they also do 80 deflection damage (Bazooka damage) if the don't manage to penetrate. So it means if they hit they will do always a significant amount of damage. That's why blobbing them against slow highly armoured units is so effective with them. I'd say Elefant & Jagdtiger are countered by those Piat blobs.
14 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 10:15 AMVipper

You are welcome.

And most units that have their engine damaged and all stationary targets.

Did you actually see many in this thread post asking it to be nerfed?

Oh so they have to run over a mine beforehand, or there mustn't be any sweepers around, or the other player must have chosen Spec Weapons for Boys AT for snares, or RNGesus has blessed an engine crit miracle out of nowhere? Or the PIATS are shooting at a bunker, truck or LeFH lol.

Or alternatively just add an AT snare via the upgrade package at HQ for IS.

And yes, there are a couple individuals here who are trying to make it seem that the PIAT is in need of a nerf.
14 Dec 2015, 10:59 AM

penetration is a joke.

That is because PIATs are pretty much exclusively heavy armor counters.

How they function, their penetration, deflection damage, targetting way(scatter only), all of it screams that they are designed to counter big, slow armor.

That is why they are completely ineffective vs mobile mediums and you're better with AP sniper vs lights.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment