Login

russian armor

December 10Th Hotfix

PAGES (11)down
10 Dec 2015, 22:47 PM

4-5 minutes is not 6-7...
10 Dec 2015, 22:50 PM

Between having a facade and not having a facade, I'd prefer the latter. Now that we don't have to innately calculate fuel opportunity costs for OKW, things can be a little more clear cut. Personally, I think the fuel changes were good, and definitely needed IF teching costs stayed the same. It's one or the other, and I guess Relic chose. The only problem is KT is still not locked behind CP, so it'll only be delayed by 1-2 minutes in team games.
10 Dec 2015, 22:51 PM

Relic should rework the game speed. We need early and mid game. Late game comes too damn fast... Luchs is coming after 4-5 min.

Fuel for first Luchs: 120
Fuel for first Stuart: 115

10 Dec 2015, 22:53 PM

And T-70?
10 Dec 2015, 22:57 PM

more fuel for OKW tank, :foreveralone: :megusta:

I think the normal cost is fine, not increase more fuel for tank
but with lock the Panther, and buildable after research the Three base, like ostheer with Three Battle Phase and UKF with side teaching in Company Command Post
and KT call-in request 13 ~ 15 CP (like other Superior Heavy Tanks) IMHO xD
10 Dec 2015, 23:00 PM

I love the pop cap change, instead of goofy decimal point infantry, they give squads a base cost and add models to it. Yeah your one man left on retreat will be worth like 3-5 pop, but it fixes all the other issues and their stupid rounding up per model crap that was terrible.

The fuel changes are "HOTFIXES" they are quick and dirty changes that will hopefully be ironed out better in one of the big patches, but for the sake of big team games they needed a quick "not game breaking" change. KT will probably still come too soon though.
10 Dec 2015, 23:02 PM

This is just the hotfix I was hoping for. Will it perfectly balance OKW? No. However, it is a hell of a lot closer than it was yesterday. I can live with this through the holiday break. Not so much before today.
10 Dec 2015, 23:05 PM

This hotfix was necessary to even let team games be played. The OKW will still need to be balanced after this.
10 Dec 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 21:04 PMcapiqua
December 10Th Hotfix

The cost of OKW armor isnt the problem... what they need to do is add in a heavy upgrade button in the T4 once you build all tech trucks that costs 45 fuel and 200 mp and it will take 2-3 minutes to upgrade or maybe more. After 2-3 minutes you will then be allowed to purchase higher quality vehicles such as the panther and the KT but until you get that heavy upgrade you must stick with JP4, Raketen, and P4 as armor excluding commanders.
10 Dec 2015, 23:11 PM

Luchs is FINE. Just buy AT jesus christ is that hard to buy some zooks? Axis is always forced to get AT by the 6-7 minute mark why shouldn't we? I always play allies these days and as USF i always get zooks by the 6-7 minute mark or a bit earlier depending on situation. When I see a medic truck I dont have to rush AT I can wait for AA halftrack to counter the Flak and save my munis for other investments. I'm getting a bit off topic here but my point is just get AT and everything will be fine. Zooks do the job against luchs. I get 2 REs and put double zooks on each then I attempt to sneak up on a luchs and 1 shot it in 1 volley.
10 Dec 2015, 23:11 PM

Some of these tanks deserved a fuel cost increase. The Jagdtiger is almost certainly a better Elefant but it cost exactly the same. They made that cost-reduction change a couple of patches ago in light of the 66% income. Adjustment was needed.

I think King Tiger was a problem too. 30 fuel was not a big enough of a cost difference for how much stronger it was than most other heavy tanks. Particularly with no CP attachment.

I agree that tech changes are superior to jacking up the price of ALL of the tanks though. Creating new tech abilities on the trucks and properly linking them into OKW's tech tree is not the place of a one-week later hotfix. Something quick and relatively hamfisted like this was always going to come.

The bigger question is if Relic is satisfied with this sort of change. Will they be willing to revert these fuel cost increases once build-able tech is added for grenades, medics, engineers and other aspects of OKW truck? I wonder. The ideal solution for them is something quick that does the job and lets them get on to making new content.
10 Dec 2015, 23:27 PM

Some of these tanks deserved a fuel cost increase. The Jagdtiger is almost certainly a better Elefant but it cost exactly the same. They made that cost-reduction change a couple of patches ago in light of the 66% income. Adjustment was needed.

I think King Tiger was a problem too. 30 fuel was not a big enough of a cost difference for how much stronger it was than most other heavy tanks. Particularly with no CP attachment.

I agree that tech changes are superior to jacking up the price of ALL of the tanks though. Creating new tech abilities on the trucks and properly linking them into OKW's tech tree is not the place of a one-week later hotfix. Something quick and relatively hamfisted like this was always going to come.

The bigger question is if Relic is satisfied with this sort of change. Will they be willing to revert these fuel cost increases once build-able tech is added for grenades, medics, engineers and other aspects of OKW truck? I wonder. The ideal solution for them is something quick that does the job and lets them get on to making new content.

Exactly. These fuel and population fixes are a nice, quick, temporary fix to some of the glaring issues, but they really did a poor job rushing out this revamp. As with every other faction, side teching should be a given, if for no other reason than to encourage variety within OKW and to bring it in line with every other faction.

Allegedly the revamp was intended to "open up new strategies" for OKW. There's no denying it did that; the problem is that the Revamp opened up ALL strategies for OKW, at once, and with no penalty for going one way or the other. You simply get everything now as OKW, can easily react to anything, can counter anything, and often with superior units to what your opponent can throw at you.

If we're looking at a late January or early February for next patch, hopefully it contains a revamp of OKW's teching that includes side upgrades and ultimately reverts the fuel costs of some of these units changed in today's hotfix.

I'm still of the opinion that a great change would be forcing OKW to tech a final time similar to UKF's Hammer or Anvil, and then they get the choice of a King Tiger or maybe a Command Panther. The regular Panther would be removed from OKW non-doctrinal because it makes the Jagdpanzer IV redundant.
bC_
Only Relic postRelic 10 Dec 2015, 23:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

side upgrades are not out of the questions (we are/have explored) and might be something to come in the future.

fuel upgrades were obviously warranted due to the increase in fuel and the data reflected it.

We will continue to monitor the data and trends and adjust things accordingly from there.

10 Dec 2015, 23:29 PM

The ideal solution for them is something quick that does the job and lets them get on to making new content.

These changes could just be a fix for the Xmas period? Doubt they would have time to make serious changes and test them before the holidays.
10 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

Stuart comes around 6-7 so?

Luchs, T-70, Stuart, Puma....should all be delayed around min 8-10 to make room for scout cars, so we can have early game.
10 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

This is a good start. Obviously there's still more to be done but it's nice to see their resource starved late game coming back. It was well potent enough before the rework. Hopefully this will be enough to bring okw into a reasonable place for now.
10 Dec 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 23:27 PMbC_
side upgrades are not out of the questions (we are/have explored) and might be something to come in the future.

fuel upgrades were obviously warranted due to the increase in fuel and the data reflected it.

We will continue to monitor the data and trends and adjust things accordingly from there.

Thank you brad for desalinating me.
10 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 23:27 PMbC_

Nice! Good to hear this. Also, maybe moving schrecks from Volks wouldnt be a bad idea either? :)
10 Dec 2015, 23:41 PM

note the patch didn't touch stuff like the jagdpanzer4, luchs, puma, and the flak ht.

the minor fuel cost is also still less than the effective fuel cost previously at 66% fuel, so okw still come out ahead.
10 Dec 2015, 23:47 PM

I hope the OKW Ostwind, Jp4, Rear Echelons will get adjusted at some point
and the munitions cost of some upgrades and abilities aswell
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak