Login

russian armor

T-34/76 feels plain pathetic

PAGES (14)down
3 Jul 2013, 23:34 PM

Ostwind is more expensive than a T-34 (80mp, 20 fuel difference, IIRC?, which also means in an even fuel game there's going to be a window where the Russian player can have 2 T-34s to just the one Ostwind). It loses to one T-34 in an even fight (a vet 2 Ostwind can maul a T-34, though) most of the time (in a long distance frontal engagement the Ostwind will usually be able to retreat to somewhere it can get support).

Not really sure it trumps T-3 at the moment.

I don't think it would be a viable first choice if a T-34 which also has AI capability and is cheaper hard countered it and a T-70 had a fighting chance (and I like having all of the Ostheer T3 as a possible first choice). I've yet to see aircraft as a huge deal as Germans, tbh.

Yeah, maybe the T-34 needs some kind of buff (probably penetration or weapon damage) but I think buffing the armour to the point where an Ostwind doesn't penetrate is overkill, and making it a P-IV pretty much kills the asymmetrical balance which is the best thing about CoH really.

T-34/76 lose to very thing and T-34/85 stands no chance against PZIV(which is cheaper) is not a asymmetrical balance, it's called cost-ineffective or waste of resources or ....underpowered
3 Jul 2013, 23:50 PM

tbh if the weapon damage and pen were buffed (as they should be) it would become a moot point about the ostwinds damage as it would always run from it just like the t34 always runs away from a p4 atm :P

You could give it a vet 1 ability that allows hte use of AP rounds or something which gives a boost to pen for a short while.
4 Jul 2013, 00:13 AM

(not withstanding that T-34/85 isn't a T-3 unit and it also saw some *really* powerful use in the TFN tourney... so, I'm not really buying that it's useless atm in the context of an actual game).

Yeah, small buff to the T-34's AT and small nerf to T-70's moving accuracy wouldn't go amiss for balancing out T-3 but making it basically a P-IV and immune to Ostwind fire is just dull.
4 Jul 2013, 02:19 AM

(not withstanding that T-34/85 isn't a T-3 unit and it also saw some *really* powerful use in the TFN tourney... so, I'm not really buying that it's useless atm in the context of an actual game).

Yeah, small buff to the T-34's AT and small nerf to T-70's moving accuracy wouldn't go amiss for balancing out T-3 but making it basically a P-IV and immune to Ostwind fire is just dull.

I conquer, rise T-34/76 pen from 80(lol) to 100, and rise T-34/85 pen from 110 to 140~150 will give both of them a chance fight against German medium tanks (they are all 160+ armor)

the T-70 crushing infantry needs to be removed
4 Jul 2013, 03:08 AM

On the T-70 I like the crushing - you can retreat from that, and it has to get into faust/shrek range to do that - it's the fuck-off-ridiculous retreat sniping that's the problem.
4 Jul 2013, 03:32 AM

the t34/85 saw action yes,but it is only ever called in when when the soviet player is winning, it is simply too expensive to considered in a close fought game imo, change it to be called in 1 AT A TIME !!!!
7 Jul 2013, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 03:32 AMCrells
the t34/85 saw action yes,but it is only ever called in when when the soviet player is winning, it is simply too expensive to considered in a close fought game imo, change it to be called in 1 AT A TIME !!!!

You can call-in a T-34/85 once at a time when you build either T3 or T4 building for balancing purpose, same for IS-2

for German tiger, you'll have to unlock T4 as well
7 Jul 2013, 06:41 AM

Signed. As a mainly soviet player I see no reason to build the T34, or even T3 for that matter, because the SU-85 is simply our best tank regarding AT and the Katyusha behind an SU-85 has much higher damage output and utility vs Armor and Infantry likewise.
7 Jul 2013, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2013, 06:26 AMUGBEAR

You can call-in a T-34/85 once at a time when you build either T3 or T4 building for balancing purpose, same for IS-2

for German tiger, you'll have to unlock T4 as well

unless something has changed since yesterday, the only way to get it is via the call in. unless you mean this idea as a fix??
7 Jul 2013, 08:02 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont understand why people think T34 should be a PIV counter.

Cost alone disqualifies this argument, let alone assymetric design.

And in each case, T34s categorically counter PIVs due to Ram.
7 Jul 2013, 09:27 AM

I dont understand why people think T34 should be a PIV counter.

Cost alone disqualifies this argument, let alone assymetric design.

And in each case, T34s categorically counter PIVs due to Ram.

I don't think people expect it to be a counter or even an equal tank. People think the damage should at least enough to be worth the 90 fuel.
7 Jul 2013, 09:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

irl wait a minute this isn't real life those damn amazing graphics get the better of me from time to time :P.

I think your missing one very important tool in company of heores its called flanking/ambushing. the t34s aren't meant to go one on one with a p4 your suppose to use a whole host of units to take it down. heck coh in general isn't meant to just have 1 on 1 engagements your suppose to use all the tools at your disposal. that means infantry, at guns, tanks, mines, etc... (or what we all like to call Combined Arms.)

might be nice to see an upgun t34 kinda like the sherman. (maybe give it a 57mm gun (that gun was better actually for AT.) or drop the 85's doc and make it part of the faction. as right now t34 feels like the t70 does a better job at its role and right now its role seems mostly for ramming. but straight out buffing it to be just as good as its counter part isn't the answer i feel. right now the Russians as a faction are better than the Germans in 1v1s imagine if they could simply go toe to toe with the Germans p4s. O_o
7 Jul 2013, 09:43 AM

Permanently Banned
T34s AI and AT is adequate for cost. Especially including free Ram.
9 Jul 2013, 00:01 AM

I dont think the T34 should stand toe to toe with the P4 but it's cost effectiveness is just so damn low atm. with only 20 fuel diffrence you will not be able to have 2 T34's to 1 P4 for very long, a min or 2.

But with only 20 fuel difference if a t34 comes from behind the p4 and gets several rear shots off before being hit in return should be able to win that engagement, but as it stand stands the P4 will still win atm, that imo is bad balance.
9 Jul 2013, 08:03 AM

Permanently Banned
No, the PIV should still win that engagement. Thats where you are wrong. The T34 is not an armor counter, except for Ram. It is an AT support/disabler option with AI capabilities.

PIV should beat a T34 in almost all incidents, unless the T34 is supported and Rams.
Its not a factor of cost, its a factor of the roles of these respective units within the internalmsystem of the factions unit rosters.

The T34 can categorically net benefit with supported Ram, which is the balance equializer and return for cheaper cost.
9 Jul 2013, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2013, 05:16 AMUGBEAR

T-34/76 lacks everything, in-terms of armor,penetrating by a 37mm gun at front is unacceptable......yes, a proper AT ability will make it useful again, and I personally against nerfing the anti-infantry capability, for PZIV won't do any worse in a AI role

T-34/85 now comes at package of 2, which you should pay 720/260(!!!) for call-in, T-34/85 now is okey, but 110 penetration makes it always loss to a cheaper PZIV.......

T-34/85 needs a penetration rise from 110(!!!) to 140~150 (which inferior than a Tiger&Panther tank)

and again, I think restricting the "Ram" ability and give T-34 series tanks proper performance is the first step to Tank meta

T34 was a great tank but the germans cried OP OP and it got nerfed into the ground and it is now a useless unit that should just be taken out of the game because it has no real purpose. It is terrible at everything. It is a super expensive self propelled ram, thats it. They will be doing the same thing to the su 85 next because of all the cries about OP and then we will have absolutly NO counter to the german armor, which is exactly the goal of all the whiners. Congrats.
9 Jul 2013, 08:32 AM

No, the PIV should still win that engagement. Thats where you are wrong. The T34 is not an armor counter, except for Ram. It is an AT support/disabler option with AI capabilities.

PIV should beat a T34 in almost all incidents, unless the T34 is supported and Rams.
Its not a factor of cost, its a factor of the roles of these respective units within the internalmsystem of the factions unit rosters.

The T34 can categorically net benefit with supported Ram, which is the balance equializer and return for cheaper cost.

That is one expensive self propelled ram... Point is it is comparable in price to the p4 but has next to no AT at all, other then that stupid ram ability which is like spending 95 fuel and 360 manpower and throwing it out the window for a free kill. The t34 is terrible no matter how you loook at and a waste of resources that you could be spending on a proper tank like the su85. Congrats, little bitch whiners like you got it nerfed into uselessness, and I am sure the sui 85 is next. Soon your goal will be realized and the soviets will have no answer to german armor.

Oh I am sure the t70 is on the chopping block also, because you guys are bitching about that too. Every decent tank we have you fools are complaining OP, even though the german tanks are all better at the same roles... LOL it boggles my mind why the devs even pay attention to the german whiners anymore. You guys did the same thing to the brits in coh1, what was a great faction turned into the bastard step child faction by coh1s end. It was such a terrible faction nobody played it anymore. Soviets are next.
9 Jul 2013, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
I laugh at people who think T34 should match PIV AT.

I laugh at you. Hard.
9 Jul 2013, 08:36 AM

I laugh at people who think T34 should match PIV AT.

I laugh at you. Hard.

You laugh at anyone who expects a decent counter to german armors instant win buitton, stfu
9 Jul 2013, 08:41 AM

Permanently Banned

You laugh at anyone who expects a decent counter to german armors instant win buitton, stfu

Ram is instant win button. Now I'm laughing doubly hard at you.

Keep trying to fight a PIV with your cheaper T34 without support and headon and I'll continue laughing at you.

Maybe one day you'll learn some micro and to support its Ram and realise who has the iwin button.

Till then, I find you utterly hilarious.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS