Login

russian armor

Why didn't I know the Road to Kharkov map has changed a lot?

9 Dec 2015, 18:44 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Did you guys noticed that Road to Kharkov has changed a lot? I didn't so I want to know your opinions about it? What do you think, a good change?

(and lately i have some problems with connecting to the relic servers, anyone else too?)
9 Dec 2015, 18:59 PM

Nah not that good, seems to be done in a short time window. Some environments have to be changed, some Structures and fances are not well placed. Capturepoint and Cut off are bad placed too! :(

This map is really close to come into my veto list <444>_<444>

P.S: There are also shotblockers not work if they gone they still let not shoot your units. Here and there a entrance in Fences needed.

There is so much to do i could write down a book about!

#E-Sports confirmed at 2050 :thumb:
9 Dec 2015, 19:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The changes were announced in the patch notes.
9 Dec 2015, 19:01 PM

More open and better for automatch.
Hardest to cutoff Fuel(I don't like that change) but overall is much better than before.
9 Dec 2015, 19:15 PM

How it is better?

Cutoffs are unacceptable.

Hmgs, especially brit hmg in a small balding near right vp covers half of the map.

Everything is too open, so spam even more hmgs, flanking are impossible anyway.

It took some serious effort to turn bad map into one of the worst maps.

9 Dec 2015, 19:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

How it is better?

Cutoffs are unacceptable.

Hmgs, especially brit hmg in a small balding near right vp covers half of the map.

Everything is too open, so spam even more hmgs, flanking are impossible anyway.

It took some serious effort to turn bad map into one of the worst maps.

Your playercard suggests you may not have played 1v1 on this map since the patch at the end of last week, when the map was changed.

I can assure you that 5 mapmakers looked at this map and suggested changes in great detail, taking much care to argue their views and back them up with screenshots. At least 2 of them had doubts as to whether it is a 2v2 map.

The complaints you are making about HMGs were exactly the complaints which led to the map being examined in the first place...with all its foliage...

Did you require the map to be covered in dense jungle perhaps?

Vickers range in buildings still seems to be an issue, but is hardly map related, unless of course you are advocating pulling down all the buildings on every map?

Why are the cut-offs "unacceptable"? Because you cannot easily snatch them?
10 Dec 2015, 09:22 AM

Your playercard suggests you may not have played 1v1 on this map since the patch at the end of last week, when the map was changed.

2v2 perspective

I can assure you that 5 mapmakers looked at this map and suggested changes in great detail, taking much care to argue their views and back them up with screenshots. At least 2 of them had doubts as to whether it is a 2v2 map.

Well, i appreciate their effort, but result is unsatisfying, at least from what i seen so far.

Why are the cut-offs "unacceptable"? Because you cannot easily snatch them?

They are so deep that sending even full health squads (which are rare when you pushed enemy) to cap em too risky, mind red cover road retreat path. Plus possible mines.
14 Dec 2015, 19:12 PM

After few games this is my second game that get permaban.

Building worse than infamous faymoville house , cut off unaccesible (look ak arnhem cut offs , no one is bitching about them), midle is blobfest , left and right is all about get the building.

Right now with no buildingcouters for some factions (HI Brits with only sniper , OKW with only incing grenades because flakweapons are bugged , USA except flametrower in 2 doctrines). Also do not forget infamous leigt/pack howie building bug
Only Relic postRelic 14 Dec 2015, 22:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hello everyone, thanks for all the feedback regarding the changes to Road to Kharkov.

I was hesitant moving 2 of the cut-off points so far back, but figured I'd try it out and see what the response was like. With that said I have no problem moving them a bit further forward (back towards their old positions).

Please continue to post your feedback.

thanks
14 Dec 2015, 22:40 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for all the feedback regarding the changes to Road to Kharkov.

I was hesitant moving 2 of the cut-off points so far back, but figured I'd try it out and see what the response was like. With that said I have no problem moving them a bit further forward (back towards their old positions).

thanks

Thank you for trying to get this map playable, but I think this map is still focused south to much. (fuel point)

It is realy hard to hold any point if you spawn south.

But thanks for trying....

14 Dec 2015, 23:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

thanks

Yes the cut-off play on this map was very good and made it interesting. Now it pretty much evolves into a stalemate in the center. Push the cut-offs a little bit more to the center and remove the hedge in front of the north cut-off which used to be the main reason why Road to Kharkov was a one sided map.
14 Dec 2015, 23:54 PM

(and lately i have some problems with connecting to the relic servers, anyone else too?)

i got this aswell..no solution founded yet for me..but i usually retart my Pc..if it not working i restart again..until i can play COH2, then if i manage to enter the game..i cant what so ever Close the game as i will need to restart it over n over again until i can get in the game again..

it say error -4 right?..

where if our Connection problem it say -3 (tested it when i off my Modem then reopen it)if im still in the game if i got DC i can still connect but if i close n need to open while the internet is still up i cant connect to relic.. but can connect to other on9 game..

another thing i notice that if its ISP problem..how come when im able to connect to relic,
my brother that about to open the game( while im already inside) having the trouble to connect n need to do the restart PC thingy.
15 Dec 2015, 13:05 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Hey moreless3rd, i dont have any problems anymore bcs of a big Windows 10 update. Maybe check your pc's Windows 10 update status? Good luck with it and if you dont find a solution keep asking in threads! :)
15 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM

Hey moreless3rd, i dont have any problems anymore bcs of a big Windows 10 update. Maybe check your pc's Windows 10 update status? Good luck with it and if you dont find a solution keep asking in threads! :)

owh i dint update my window yet..n im not using the window 10..im currently just using window 8..maybe i think about updating the window later on,.tnx man
15 Dec 2015, 14:01 PM

I agree with the arguments in this topic about cut off play in this map. Thats what made it fun to play (imo its what makes this game fun)

The strat points/ resources and VP placements was fine in this map. The only problem was the hedge/ wall at the northern cutoff which made it impossible to retake the point. Because of true sight you could just hide a squad there and GG.

15 Dec 2015, 14:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Scrap Yard to COH2 Gameplay. Cleaned thread title.
15 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM
Donator 11

It was a cutoff map, but now its a vic points cap map.
15 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

Good job to the map design team. The old one was extremely frustrating.
15 Dec 2015, 21:23 PM

Permanently Banned
I like the minsk change more, unsure of kharkov map change yet.
15 Dec 2015, 21:42 PM

The top side fuel, change the building to the back of the fuel where it used to be. Going around that building is difficult to harass at times. That's my only complaint
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★