Login

russian armor

OKW + USF new air offmap overpriced

10 Dec 2015, 08:06 AM

Less BIASED QQing please.

Agreed, I should probably support ost loiter pin plane cost increase to 250 muni and CAS skill plane to cost to 125 instead of 60, after all its exactly the same ability with different name, no need to be biased for me and accept axis one being vastly superior in cost :romeoPro:

A month ago, you were saying game is fine.

Then you'll have no trouble at all finding a supporting quote!
On for an adventure! :romeoHype:
10 Dec 2015, 10:34 AM

the USF strafe pins AND does damage to squads caught in the line of fire. the ostheer strafe only pins and deals NO damage. the damage is actually really significant and can easily wipe low health squads in the line of fire. if you increase the damage too much, you run the risk of wiping squads that are at 75% of hp, and if the damage is too high, you can wipe full health squads. do you really want that? do you really want for a strafe to wipe a full health squad?

how does the thunderbolt .50cal strafe compare to the 90 mu il2 23mm strafe on advanced warfare?

even the tank buster strafe on CAS cost only 110 mu.
10 Dec 2015, 11:20 AM

How much does the Stuka AI strafe cost?

The USF one should cost the same. 125 muni is way too expensive for what it is.
10 Dec 2015, 11:48 AM

I would think about 60 to 75 ammo for the strafe, and about 120 or so for the OKW one
10 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 08:06 AMKatitof

Agreed, I should probably support ost loiter pin plane cost increase to 250 muni and CAS skill plane to cost to 125 instead of 60, after all its exactly the same ability with different name, no need to be biased for me and accept axis one being vastly superior in cost :romeoPro:

Then you'll have no trouble at all finding a supporting quote!
On for an adventure! :romeoHype:

They aren't the same ability, the USF one does damage, the Ost one doesn't. Though it should be reduced to 90 munitions to bring it line with the Advanced Warfare Soviet strafe.
10 Dec 2015, 12:15 PM
Patrion 14

Does no one read here? It does damage guys, it reliably kills support weapons and even wipes squads when standing still, like I said, it targets a single Squad and pins the rest.
10 Dec 2015, 12:18 PM
Patrion 14

I would think about 60 to 75 ammo for the strafe, and about 120 or so for the OKW one

120 for the OKW one? That's way too cheap, it denies an area for a long time, you know how good that is? Really good.
10 Dec 2015, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 12:18 PMLooney

120 for the OKW one? That's way too cheap, it denies an area for a long time, you know how good that is? Really good.

then made more like 150 to 200. Sound better, from what i have seen thought it dose not seem to hit much.
10 Dec 2015, 21:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Remove damage from USF one and make it same as axis.
10 Dec 2015, 21:55 PM

the USF strafe pins AND does damage to squads caught in the line of fire. the ostheer strafe only pins and deals NO damage. the damage is actually really significant and can easily wipe low health squads in the line of fire. if you increase the damage too much, you run the risk of wiping squads that are at 75% of hp, and if the damage is too high, you can wipe full health squads. do you really want that? do you really want for a strafe to wipe a full health squad?

Yeah, the ability does a deceptive amount of damage. The real problem is that the area it targets is not very accurately displayed by the targeting marker. It only really does the damage around the "end" and the "middle" of the strafe line...? I don't even have a great feel for it yet.

The ability feels bad because it is extremely inconsistent. The first time I used the ability it spectacularly failed to do anything at all. No supression, no damage, nothing. The infantry I had targeted had barely moved.

The next time I fired it off it killed like 10 enemy models. Strafed straight through the center of three volks squads and ate one of them alive while badly crippling the other two.

It's possible that this ability will become quite powerful once players understand it. However I'd prefer a more moderate ability that was consistently useful.
10 Dec 2015, 22:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, the ability does a deceptive amount of damage. The real problem is that the area it targets is not very accurately displayed by the targeting marker. It only really does the damage around the "end" and the "middle" of the strafe line...? I don't even have a great feel for it yet.

The ability feels bad because it is extremely inconsistent. The first time I used the ability it spectacularly failed to do anything at all. No supression, no damage, nothing. The infantry I had targeted had barely moved.

The next time I fired it off it killed like 10 enemy models. Strafed straight through the center of three volks squads and ate one of them alive while badly crippling the other two.

It's possible that this ability will become quite powerful once players understand it. However I'd prefer a more moderate ability that was consistently useful.

Maybe it has the same problems as the IL2 strafing run.
10 Dec 2015, 22:56 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 12:15 PMLooney
Does no one read here? It does damage guys, it reliably kills support weapons and even wipes squads when standing still, like I said, it targets a single Squad and pins the rest.

I'm fine with it doing damage and costing more, but it is just too inconsistent for its price for my taste.

I launched 3 strafes across a game onto a pair of ostheer mortars. The first time it pinned them and killed 2 models on one squad. The second time it didn't do anything (maybe because they started packing up to retreat), and the third time it wiped one of them and killed two models on the other.

The stuka at strafe does about as consistent AI damage, as well as AT damage and is cheaper, so I cannot see why the p47 strafe can't go down to 100 mu to better reflect it's power.
14 Dec 2015, 23:40 PM
Patrion 14

I'm fine with it doing damage and costing more, but it is just too inconsistent for its price for my taste.

I launched 3 strafes across a game onto a pair of ostheer mortars. The first time it pinned them and killed 2 models on one squad. The second time it didn't do anything (maybe because they started packing up to retreat), and the third time it wiped one of them and killed two models on the other.

The stuka at strafe does about as consistent AI damage, as well as AT damage and is cheaper, so I cannot see why the p47 strafe can't go down to 100 mu to better reflect it's power.

Well, it's probadly too much RNG yeah, should lower it's price.
14 Dec 2015, 23:43 PM

the stuka at strike cost 110, so 100 is still too expensive for the p47 strafe.

90 munition would be better, around the cost of the il2 strafe
14 Dec 2015, 23:55 PM
Patrion 14

the stuka at strike cost 110, so 100 is still too expensive for the p47 strafe.

90 munition would be better, around the cost of the il2 strafe

Don't bring the IL2 strafe into this, its like 100x worse than all of the other strafes :p

THe US strafe pins and does more damage, so it should be more expensive.
15 Dec 2015, 00:04 AM

USF pay more for air abilities because their Air Force was almost obsolete at this stage of the war when compared to the Luftwaffe.

It adds depth to the Allied struggle.
15 Dec 2015, 01:54 AM

I played several games as USF last night. The strafe worked well once against someone who was probably reading his e-mail, and didn't work at all against everyone else.

The AI strafe from CAS is okay, but I don't like the reworked commander anywhere near as much as the old one.
15 Dec 2015, 02:01 AM

Don't bring the IL2 strafe into this, its like 100x worse than all of the other strafes :p

THe US strafe pins and does more damage, so it should be more expensive.

100 is still to much. The .50cal are only effective against infantry AFAIK.

the stuka mg strafe suppress but doesn't do damage, so it cost 60 mu

the p47 mg strafe does deal damage, so ~30mu or ~50% more expensive than the no damage stuka mg sounds fair.

the stuka AT strafe can and will kill tanks for 110. There's really no way the p47 mg can compare.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★