Option Distribution Votes
15%
55%
30%
Total votes: 137
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Dec 2015, 15:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So we can have a different discussion than OPKW. Aren't both this abilities underwhelming, either on price or performance?

USF: 125muni for a single AI pin strafe (OH one is 60muni)

OKW: 250muni for an AI loiter pin strafe with some random spread bombs here n there (OH pin strafe is 120(?))

9 Dec 2015, 15:40 PM

USF one is balanced, because its not axis.

Proof:

Prices and performance of M1919 and bren vs LMG34 or soviet booby traps vs OKW booby traps.

:romeoHairDay:

Relic went full retard here with the prices for the allied one, never had a game lasting long enough to check OKW one :foreveralone:
9 Dec 2015, 15:47 PM
Donator 22

I've tested the new USF strafe and for 125 muni not worth. Decrease the cost to 60.
I haven't tried out the OKW one.
9 Dec 2015, 16:21 PM

Some people say BartonPL biggest troll in history of mankind but Relic is so good at it people don't even notice it :hyper::megusta:
9 Dec 2015, 16:50 PM

I have no idea how the USF's strafe was priced, but it is outright ridiculous. Price needs to come down substantially.

OKW one is a troll call in. It is too expensive and random to use when the game is close, and is completely devastating when you have already won, because you can completely shut down his last attack with 0 MP. The strafe forces infantry to retreat since the bombs will hit them, and the bombs mean that tanks have to wait until the run is over to make sure not to get blown away. Ability is stupid and should never have been made. The fact that OKW gets the heavy hitting, late game air strikes is not only weird, its completely contrary to the design of the faction. OKW should get off maps from 88 mm guns at much lower CPs.

Also, somewhat unrelated but can the 105 Light Howie barrage for Wehr be renamed to 82 mm mortar strike? It certainly is not calling in 105 shells.

9 Dec 2015, 16:57 PM

Also, somewhat unrelated but can the 105 Light Howie barrage for Wehr be renamed to 82 mm mortar strike? It certainly is not calling in 105 shells.

Those are ISG rounds.
9 Dec 2015, 17:03 PM

Heres the funny part: okw airstrike works only when you spot the secktor, but mostly you should stay literally in area of effect, and bombs falling right on top of you forces.Beside this, i think this ability need slighty cost reducing.
9 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM

USF strafe heavily overpriced.
9 Dec 2015, 17:16 PM

Shit I misread that. Yea USF one is UP. OKW one is a tad OP I think.
9 Dec 2015, 17:24 PM

USF strafe is complete pudding for its cost. First game I played with new commander there was a line of 3 ISGs that I hit dead on and didn't get one single wipe. Meanwhile Frag bomb run costs about the same and is way more effective.

The disparity between cost and effectiveness of some abilities is just staggering. Honestly this is close to 50-75 Muni for its current performance considering that it's also a "skill shot"
10 Dec 2015, 04:06 AM

Proof:

Prices and performance of M1919 and bren vs HMG34 or soviet booby traps vs OKW booby traps.

Relic went full retard here with the prices for the allied one, never had a game lasting long enough to check OKW one :foreveralone:

Less BIASED QQing please.

A month ago, you were saying game is fine.

10 Dec 2015, 04:07 AM

Shill.

Ment Chill, not shill. :)
10 Dec 2015, 05:46 AM

Proof:

Prices and performance of M1919 and bren vs HMG34 or soviet booby traps vs OKW booby traps.

The difference is OKW cannot have dual MG-34 volksgren blob running around. So that ONE LMG they get on that ONE specific squad better be good.
10 Dec 2015, 06:33 AM

The difference is OKW cannot have dual MG-34 volksgren blob running around. So that ONE LMG they get on that ONE specific squad better be good.

This logic is so flawed, for the USF and UKF weapons you need to tech and send your squad off the field to pick up the weapon

Its kinda like saying Allies need to tech for their Grenades so it should be better than the Axis ones but same price its the most stupid argument ever

and I know any squad can grab them but all Allied squads are expensive anyways bleed wise they cost alot an individual Rear Echelon squad member costs 25mp ffs
10 Dec 2015, 06:46 AM

That was actualy funny.
10 Dec 2015, 06:50 AM

all okw off maps are bad.... like really bad

here is my feedback on them: http://www.coh2.org/topic/40040/okw-off-maps

may i add the stuka off map to this list aswell
10 Dec 2015, 07:38 AM

the USF strafe pins AND does damage to squads caught in the line of fire. the ostheer strafe only pins and deals NO damage. the damage is actually really significant and can easily wipe low health squads in the line of fire. if you increase the damage too much, you run the risk of wiping squads that are at 75% of hp, and if the damage is too high, you can wipe full health squads. do you really want that? do you really want for a strafe to wipe a full health squad?
10 Dec 2015, 08:05 AM
Patrion 14

the USF strafe pins AND does damage to squads caught in the line of fire. the ostheer strafe only pins and deals NO damage. the damage is actually really significant and can easily wipe low health squads in the line of fire. if you increase the damage too much, you run the risk of wiping squads that are at 75% of hp, and if the damage is too high, you can wipe full health squads. do you really want that? do you really want for a strafe to wipe a full health squad?

The strafe already one hits squads and is easily worth it's price. I advise people to use it on support weapon which it wipes. Though it always seems to target just one squad for the damage and supresses the others.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★