Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht early game

9 Dec 2015, 08:02 AM

There are several critical things that need to be adjusted about the Wehrmacht early-game.

1.MG42
I cannot stress enough how the fact that the wehrmacht can immediately build mg 42 in their basic headquarters is a HUGE advantage. Before you can get a maxim or let alone a 50.cal inside, guess what, an MG42 is already in there!

an MG42 is both a force multiplier and area denial tool. The fact that they could be built 20-25 seconds faster than a maxim is critical. One of these near a fuel point early game is a game changer. Grenadiers should be swapped with MG42 in the teching.

2.Panzerfaust
I have no idea why soviets need to research AT grenades but grenadiers get panzerfausts immediately. It completely negates allied light vehicles like the soviet scout car or British UC. It should need battle phase 1 like the rifle grenade.

3.Rifle grenade
Rifle grenades do too much damage. The trade-off was supposed to be range and speed for damage, but it is still too strong. It should have a damage reduction.

9 Dec 2015, 08:31 AM
Donator 22

1. vickers comes out at the same time and is in the same tier. though I can agree that the .50 comes a bit late
2. faust in battle-phase 1 instead of t1 would just buff osttruppen to an extreme; instant bp1 with 3-5 osttruppen+faust rek anything and t2 would come way too early for allied players to react
3. rifle nades have a long animation so you might work on your dodging abillity. if you worked that out good they are not that much of a threat anymore mate ;)
9 Dec 2015, 08:35 AM

1. vickers comes out at the same time and is in the same tier. though I can agree that the .50 comes a bit late
2. faust in battle-phase 1 instead of t1 would just buff osttruppen to an extreme; instant bp1 with 3-5 osttruppen+faust rek anything and t2 would come way too early for allied players to react
3. rifle nades have a long animation so you might work on your dodging abillity. if you worked that out good they are not that much of a threat anymore mate ;)

1.I agree about the vickers, but I was focusing about the Wehr early game.

2.Then how to fix the faust? Maybe ostruppen should get a lighter panzerfaust? The panzerfaust had many different sizes.

3.Telling me to dodge is pointless since if it was being shot at a MG garrisoned building, the animation is still faster than the ungarisoning. It could be dodged by infantry no problem but it has no delay so MG's are goners.
9 Dec 2015, 08:44 AM

- You forgot that Cons does have Hoorah and Merge from the start, or you intentionally forget things ? you want all factions to be copi pasta ?
You should try mirror match in custom games

- Rifle grenade will never one shot a squad in a building, USF grenades explodes too before the MG can ungarison, its how grenades in generally works.
9 Dec 2015, 09:02 AM

There are several critical things that need to be adjusted about the Wehrmacht early-game.

1.MG42
I cannot stress enough how the fact that the wehrmacht can immediately build mg 42 in their basic headquarters is a HUGE advantage. Before you can get a maxim or let alone a 50.cal inside, guess what, an MG42 is already in there!

an MG42 is both a force multiplier and area denial tool. The fact that they could be built 20-25 seconds faster than a maxim is critical. One of these near a fuel point early game is a game changer. Grenadiers should be swapped with MG42 in the teching.

2.Panzerfaust
I have no idea why soviets need to research AT grenades but grenadiers get panzerfausts immediately. It completely negates allied light vehicles like the soviet scout car or British UC. It should need battle phase 1 like the rifle grenade.

3.Rifle grenade
Rifle grenades do too much damage. The trade-off was supposed to be range and speed for damage, but it is still too strong. It should have a damage reduction.

if you will take all the OP stuf from aixe they will start to rage
9 Dec 2015, 09:08 AM
Donator 22

It's really hard to believe that someone actually complains about the Wehrmacht early game lol. I'm not sure about which game mode you are talking, but I'll be talking out of a 1v1 perspective.

1) The MG 42 is idd a tool to deny area or to support your troops. If you face it, soft retreat and send your conscripts somewhere else. If you tech molotovs later you have to set up and attack from multiple angles. However if the MG42 is out of position and has to retreat in the early game it's a huge setback for the Wehrmacht player and you should be able to gain a lot of map control. I really cannot see why the MG at T0 is an issue.

2) PzFaust at Battlephase 1 seems ridiculous to me. Allies can field light vehicles like the m10 and way earlier than Wehr can do the same with 222 / 251. PzFaust is totally fine as it is. Leave it that way.

3) As already being said: dodge with infantry, mgs will take some damage. Rifle nades cost quite some munitions which ur opponent cannot spend on lmgs, flamers, mines. If you have troops spotting for your mg, you should be fine. Either just leave the mg or supress, move it a little bit back and set it up again.
9 Dec 2015, 09:13 AM

1. Brits can build their MG from the getgo as well. One of these near a fuel point early game is a game changer (if you are bad at reacting towards your opponent's actions).

2. If you compare them to Soviets, you have to compare the squad sizes as well. Imagine Grens with 6 models. Yeah, right? T1 as a requirement would make sense then, not with 4 models.

3. Whatever, munitions are rather spent elsewhere for Ost.
9 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM

Spamming balance threads,
Throwing unacurate facts or obvious lies
Complaining.

Reminds me of somebody..Damn...What was his name?

Kozo.
9 Dec 2015, 09:59 AM
Donator 22

3) As already being said: dodge with infantry, mgs will take some damage. Rifle nades cost quite some munitions which ur opponent cannot spend on lmgs, flamers, mines. If you have troops spotting for your mg, you should be fine. Either just leave the mg or supress, move it a little bit back and set it up again.

also mg in cover will take minor damage from nades, just make sure it is in green cover
9 Dec 2015, 11:39 AM

9 Dec 2015, 13:31 PM

This thread....Not sure if trolling or serious.
9 Dec 2015, 13:41 PM

Instead of making a Thread in the Strategy Section, asking how to deal with Ostheer MG42 in early game, we have a under 10 post member, with no playercard complaining about balance.

I'm afraid "A big guy 4u" the issue lies with you.
9 Dec 2015, 14:56 PM

- You forgot that Cons does have Hoorah and Merge from the start, or you intentionally forget things ? you want all factions to be copi pasta ?
You should try mirror match in custom games

- Rifle grenade will never one shot a squad in a building, USF grenades explodes too before the MG can ungarison, its how grenades in generally works.

i will talk about 1 v 1 and about ranks 200-500

ooo so making one faction op and easy to micro but the other hard to play is ok?

so putting a machingun thet covers 1\3 of the map is hard to micro then the soviet mg thet maybe covers 1\8

greens with lmg is so hard to micro right ? usf dont nneed to flank\smoke\bombard all the mgs and some how try to get close to greens that just camp and rape with their lmgs ?

usf poor paper tanks are so ez to micro right? comper to one OP german tank thet dosent want to get penetrated !!![tiger,panther,stug with a scope]

that's completely fucked up , why a new aixe player thet played maybe about 100 matches gets up so ez on the rank list ?

[ofc all top players have the skill and micro they are pros so the game is balanced somehow there but for players mid skill its not fair .why low skill win mid skill ]
9 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM

1. Guess what, Soviets can build basic infantry without investing in a building, which also gives them an advantage. Different factions have different fortes. Who knew?

2. That would actually be a buff, Osttruppen ahoy. Also if the slow moving Grens manage to close in with your faster vehicle (in contrat to Conscripts with Ooorah), you deserve to be snared.

3. Riflenade is telegraphed, can only be used at a range you don't want to be vs grens, and has a very audible sound. Might I suggest dodging?
9 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM

because everyone wants to be allies at first and realize that it's not beginner friendly. you either struggle to get better real quickly or you switch to axis for their less micro intensive gameplay and heavies to save the game.
Gren spam, panzergren spam, mortar spam, mg spam, volks spam, ober spam, used to be leig spam, bunker spam, then comes tanks!
9 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM

I REALLY wish people would stop yelling for balance fixes and instead ask for tips or strategies to beat the (possibly) overpowered things in the game.

MG42 early is a huge pain if it can get in a house or behind solid green cover. But there are DEFINITELY ways to beat it. I play primarily as Soviets, so I run into that situation all the time. Your best bet is to avoid it early on. Go for cut-offs to deny them the resources they're camping or go and claim the other resources yourself. From the soviet perspective, you can get a mortar and/or molotovs after a short while. Use a smoke barrage on the MG to get close with your units. I don't want to get tied down in specifics. Point is, there are ways to beat an early MG42.

If they spam MG42s, then that's your cue to go for a light vehicle and clean up.

Rifle grenade is annoying, but I wouldn't say OP. Watch for clumped up units and try to dodge. This a well designed ability to test a battle of micro in my opinion.
9 Dec 2015, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 14:56 PMbicho1

- ooo so making one faction op and easy to micro but the other hard to play is ok?

- so putting a machingun thet covers 1\3 of the map is hard to micro then the soviet mg thet maybe covers 1\8

- greens with lmg is so hard to micro right ? usf dont nneed to flank\smoke\bombard all the mgs and some how try to get close to greens that just camp and rape with their lmgs ?

- usf poor paper tanks are so ez to micro right? comper to one OP german tank thet dosent want to get penetrated !!![tiger,panther,stug with a scope]

- that's completely fucked up , why a new aixe player thet played maybe about 100 matches gets up so ez on the rank list ?

[ofc all top players have the skill and micro they are pros so the game is balanced somehow there but for players mid skill its not fair .why low skill win mid skill ]

- Maxim can pack up quickly and more resilient with 6 man

- I think you play the wrong patch if you having problem problem with grens, Rifles, Tommies eat them for breakfast, Cons scale better than before, but still not win long range fight versus grens

- You should try Easy 8, Pershing if you want more armored usf vehicules, You should try Tank destroyers like Jackson, Su-85, Firefly, you will outrange Tigers and Panthers, remember OST panthers are costly as hell ( i mean, tech to tier 4 ), tiger is expensive, strong, and vulnerable to mines, tank destroyers

- I dont understand the rest of the text, maybe are you raging against OKW ? we all know that they are overperforming right now, but i Wher was the subject of your thread

= Maybe before crying to balance forum, you could ask some help in other section, or watch replays ( i know a lot of good youtube channels if you ask me), if a 1v1 can help you understand that Whermar is not op, you can play Ost and i play ally ( its not a flame text, i am friendly )

9 Dec 2015, 15:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Instead of making a Thread in the Strategy Section, asking how to deal with Ostheer MG42 in early game, we have a under 10 post member, with no playercard complaining about balance.

^

OH is fine.

PD: bar the PW
9 Dec 2015, 17:12 PM

- Maxim can pack up quickly and more resilient with 6 man

- I think you play the wrong patch if you having problem problem with grens, Rifles, Tommies eat them for breakfast, Cons scale better than before, but still not win long range fight versus grens

- You should try Easy 8, Pershing if you want more armored usf vehicules, You should try Tank destroyers like Jackson, Su-85, Firefly, you will outrange Tigers and Panthers, remember OST panthers are costly as hell ( i mean, tech to tier 4 ), tiger is expensive, strong, and vulnerable to mines, tank destroyers

- I dont understand the rest of the text, maybe are you raging against OKW ? we all know that they are overperforming right now, but i Wher was the subject of your thread

= Maybe before crying to balance forum, you could ask some help in other section, or watch replays ( i know a lot of good youtube channels if you ask me), if a 1v1 can help you understand that Whermar is not op, you can play Ost and i play ally ( its not a flame text, i am friendly )

well yes late game rifles with 2 bars will win but early game greens arent so weak like all think greens are pretty strong try 4 groups of them and they will do great early game

thx for a normal replay :)
9 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 17:12 PMbicho1

well yes late game rifles with 2 bars will win but early game greens arent so weak like all think greens are pretty strong try 4 groups of them and they will do great early game

thx for a normal replay :)

4 Rifles are better B-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight