Login

russian armor

OKW free AA

9 Dec 2015, 07:55 AM

9 Dec 2015, 07:56 AM

Just lol.
Didn't know that supply drop is a skill plane.
OKW has better AA abilities, 251/17 is best AA unit.

So, P47 can be shot down for free because skill plane, but JU needs Quad or AA HT because allies?

How they will perform in 2v2?lol. That's the point. They can't perform at all against planes. There is not a single reason why OKW should have free AA.

Just lol or not lol, give OKW let's say... 2 abilities like these for instance: Henshell AT attack, and 50 kilo stuka dive bomb. And you can remove the AA from T4 and transform the base AAs in bunkers.
9 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM

Just lol or not lol, give OKW let's say... 2 abilities like these for instance: Henshell AT attack, and 50 kilo stuka dive bomb. And you can remove the AA from T4 and transform the base AAs in bunkers.

What air abilities have to do with AA?
It's like saying that USF and SU need heavy At gun because they don't have non doc heavy tank.
Still waiting for explanation how supply drop is a skill plane.

Look for the point of this thread cause you are miles away from it.
9 Dec 2015, 08:48 AM

What air abilities have to do with AA?
It's like saying that USF and SU need heavy At gun because they don't have non doc heavy tank.
Still waiting for explanation how supply drop is a skill plane.

Look for the point of this thread cause you are miles away from it.

What I said is that OKW needs its powerfull AA features that you don't like at all, because they need to defend against powerfull air strike abilities that allied field. Your example with USF and SU isn't valid, because any ground unit has counterplay with the existing tools in the game, heavy or not heavy. The skillplanes have no counterplay if not countered by proper AAs and not popcorn shooting pipes.

Finaly, to answer your question, I have nothing against supply drop planes, but the problem can be solved without nerfing to nothingness the AAs, by simply making the supply drop plane more resilient, increase its speed or making it come from a controlable direction.

From all the possible solutions you picked - what else indeed - the nerf hammer.
Haters gonna hate.
9 Dec 2015, 08:54 AM

And OKW has the best AA unit. It's called 251/17. That's the unit to counter planes. Not Schwerer. That's the counter play.

9 Dec 2015, 09:00 AM

Free medics, free repairs, free AA and AI flak, flak bases, no upgrades for schrecks, nades, non doc heavy tank, cheapest teching.
You realize how OP it sounds?

People will just complain about everything OKW does and has these days, even if that stuff has been that way since ever. If you have a problem with planes getting shot down, choose a doctrine with off map or on map artillery instead of plane based attacks. Grow up, guys.

I agree, base flak and schwerer Panzer should not be able to shot down planes at all, they shouldn't target them either. Although it's immersion breaking, it nullifies a lot of abilites. If your enemy gets Planes, you should get a flak track, it's low in pop, got for defense and cheap in fuel.

I do not agree to remove flaks from the base tough. As long okw has no snare they are needed, simply because every allied faction can field a light vehicle as their first unit that can do significant damage in the base (Kübel can't, it gets easily destroyed by base HMGs).
9 Dec 2015, 09:01 AM

And OKW has the best AA unit. It's called 251/17. That's the unit to counter planes. Not Schwerer. That's the counter play.

If it would be enough, yes. But with a sky full of planes not even that best AA unit it's enough protection.
Further, OKW, as I said before, cannot retaliate with the same weapons, so if you force an OKW player to build the AA HT he can't force you to build an AA vehicle because he has no viable air strikes.
9 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM

Free medics, free repairs, free AA and AI flak, flak bases, no upgrades for schrecks, nades, non doc heavy tank, cheapest teching.
You realize how OP it sounds?

Do you realize how biased you sound? All of this was available before the last patch already, when the general consensus on THIS BOARD was that OKW sucked in 1v1 and a little less in bigger game modes. I am not the statistics kind of guy so I can't provide any win percentages, but you can simply scroll through some older posts to see how low OKW was valued.

Noone here is saying Relic didn't overtune them here or there, but what you are complaining about was always there, without the faction being OP. They are just easier to play, because they have more things automated. It doesn't make them stronger than other factions, it all comes down to one's skill and flexibility.

Freaking kneejerk community...
9 Dec 2015, 09:09 AM

If it would be enough, yes. But with a sky full of planes not even that best AA unit it's enough protection.
Further, OKW, as I said before, cannot retaliate with the same weapons, so if you force an OKW player to build the AA HT he can't force you to build an AA vehicle because he has no viable air strikes.

But Ostheer can force you to make AA units quite easily and fill sky with JU strafes. Yet allies do not have free AA.
It's not that someone forces you. It's that you nullify enemy's ability.

@Qbix, before the last patch, OKW did not have 100% income, therefore it was quite understandable that they couldn't have fuel based upgrades. Now with 100% things are different.

@Acht Brits also don't have a snare :snfPeter:
9 Dec 2015, 09:20 AM

But Ostheer can force you to make AA units quite easily and fill sky with JU strafes. Yet allies do not have free AA.

But they have powerfull air strikes to pay with the same coin which OKW hasn't. :romeoMug:
9 Dec 2015, 09:23 AM

you must haven't read the patch notes. OKW now receive 0 resource penalty now. and it having the strongest early game atm. seriously i think its starting MP is bit high, unless ally spam HMG early.

You're really bad at sarcasm.

Base flaks have about 1% chance to shoot the plane down.

Schwerer side cost free flak on the other hand...
9 Dec 2015, 09:23 AM

Before the patch they had their resource transfer. Muni to Fuel for example. If the game goes even currently, I don't have significantly more fuel at my disposal than before. Also, your argument makes no sense at all. I said everything you complain about was already there before the patch. OKW had no trouble getting Schrecks for example. Now they have more income, yet not resource conversion anymore. Two of their buildings cost more fuel now, they have to spend fuel on trucks and their starting fuel also got reduced.

OKW is now much more heavily dependent on owning resource points, which is a nice change for sure, but also makes them more vulnerable to how the game goes instead of always having tools to compensate. Take advantage of it.
9 Dec 2015, 09:26 AM

Lol. "I have no skill plane so yours should be negated for free". "I have no super heavies, so your JT/KT should be negated for free".

Stupid crying baby.
9 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

@Acht Brits also don't have a snare :snfPeter:

If you read my posts you noticed that I talk about vehicles that come out as your first unit. Do you need snares for a Kübel? Yet a M3 in your base can wipe squads.
9 Dec 2015, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 09:26 AMEsxile

Lol. "I have no skill plane so yours should be negated for free". "I have no super heavies, so your JT/KT should be negated for free".

Stupid crying baby.

This doesn't even deserve an answer.:sibToxic:
9 Dec 2015, 10:31 AM

9 Dec 2015, 10:33 AM

If you read my posts you noticed that I talk about vehicles that come out as your first unit. Do you need snares for a Kübel? Yet a M3 in your base can wipe squads.

So you want AT snares and schreks? Yeah hell no. It's one or the other.

OKW has a T0 AT gun for a reason.
9 Dec 2015, 12:26 PM

So you want AT snares and schreks? Yeah hell no. It's one or the other.

OKW has a T0 AT gun for a reason.

Why don't you take that "AT gun" and give me the old pak 40 or ZIS or 57 mm or whatever instead?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 354

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight