Login

russian armor

OKW free AA

8 Dec 2015, 21:16 PM

It's simple.
I'm perfectly fine with planes being brought down by Ostwind or 251/17. It's fine.

Yet Schwerer and base flaks are really annoying.

In team games Lend-Lease and Industry are just pointless becasue of 2-4 Schweres. Not to mention other air abilities.

This needs to go away.

I ran a test agasint 2 Schwerers.
5 planes out of 11 were brought down.

Free schrecks, free nades, cheapest tech and free AA? That's way to much.

Sooting down planes shout be a reword for investing in Ostwind, 251/17, AA HT or Quad. But shooting down planes for free is just too much.

Just had I game where 2 planes were shot down yet there was no AA unit. I wasted 200 ammo for nothing and my 200ammo were countered for free.

Flak bases ans Schwerer should lose AA abilities.

8 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM

Can you please run a couple tests with base structures only shooting at lend-lease aircraft?

Also, yes I agree, OKW now has no fuel limitations so there should be 0% chance of base structures of any type shooting down aircraft. If you want AA get MG's on a tank, or get an Ostwind, or get your AA HT.
8 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

It's simple.
I'm perfectly fine with planes being brought down by Ostwind or 251/17. It's fine.

In team games Lend-Lease and Industry are just pointless becasue of 2-4 Schweres. Not to mention other air abilities.

This needs to go away.

Sooting down planes shout be a reword for investing in Ostwind, 251/17, AA HT or Quad. But shooting down planes for free is just too much.

Just had I game where 2 planes were shot down yet there was no AA unit. I wasted 200 ammo for nothing and my 200ammo were countered for free.

Yes. The game is really brocken ATM. We must wait for another patch. Maybe Relic will fix all this issues.

8 Dec 2015, 21:26 PM

It's simple.

This needs to go away.

It's also kind of bizarre that the OKW of all possible armies ends up with reliable-ish control of the skies.
8 Dec 2015, 21:40 PM

+1 give them bunkers.
8 Dec 2015, 22:09 PM

Good topic. I agree.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 21:40 PMCafo
+1 give them bunkers.

And this +1

Chasing those ultra capping armored kubels with M20 / scoutcar is not possible with current armor they can just drive into safety of their uber flak base defenses. :foreveralone:
8 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM

Yeah they should have bunkers instead of flak emplacements its annoying as theyre the only faction whose emplacements can also deter light vehicles from getting low health squads and thats a big bonus in Company of Heroes and they should invest into a Flak Halftrack for their AA like other factions have to invest into some sort of AA unit
8 Dec 2015, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 21:26 PMWygrif

It's also kind of bizarre that the OKW of all possible armies ends up with reliable-ish control of the skies.

You are absolutely right. I'm really not a fan of exact historical correctness in an RTS, but this one seems to be Relics way of joking. German control of the skies at the Battle of the Bulge? They really had luck with the bad weather in the first days. Relic, sit down and be ashamed please.

+1 for removing AA-capability of base, because of recent changes to ressource altering abilities.
8 Dec 2015, 23:14 PM

Initially I think the idea was for the okw to have the flak guns because they lacked an early game snare and may not always have shreks. This is no longer the case and they should get bunkers the same as the other factions. This would also open up for the buildable flak pits to get buffed or just generally be more useful
9 Dec 2015, 01:02 AM

The base guns can not shoot down planes.
9 Dec 2015, 01:58 AM

Base flaks? they get nerfed into ground vs. planes or did they changed it with the recent patch?
9 Dec 2015, 02:08 AM
Patrion 14

+1
9 Dec 2015, 02:17 AM

OKW needs free AA because of resource penalty and crappy early game. DUH.
9 Dec 2015, 03:51 AM

OKW needs free AA because of resource penalty and crappy early game. DUH.

you must haven't read the patch notes. OKW now receive 0 resource penalty now. and it having the strongest early game atm. seriously i think its starting MP is bit high, unless ally spam HMG early.
9 Dec 2015, 04:12 AM

lol
9 Dec 2015, 05:36 AM

The base guns can not shoot down planes.

Yes, they can.
Not very often but they can, like 1-2/10
9 Dec 2015, 05:41 AM
9 Dec 2015, 07:28 AM

you must haven't read the patch notes. OKW now receive 0 resource penalty now. and it having the strongest early game atm. seriously i think its starting MP is bit high, unless ally spam HMG early.

Starting MP is the same for all factions except Ostheer iirc, the cost of the first unit is subtracted from it automatically.
9 Dec 2015, 07:41 AM

Well, OKW doesn't have viable air attack abilities, the existing ones are not even close from allied abilities in this area, especially USF and UKF. So I think their AA capabilities must be better than ostheer's. And they are.
Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Especialy when you have on the field exposed trucks.
Allied off maps abilities can be overhelming, so proper counters should exist. You want skillplanes running wild just because they cost 200 amo?
And if in 4v4 (good thing that we don't have 5v5, 6v6, 10v10, etc) these "free" AAs are so effective, if they are nerfed, how they will perform in 2v2s? Or 1v1s? The number of planes is the same, you know.

Furthermore, there is a question of proportions. If there are 3 Shwerers on the field, and one of the players use a skillplane attack ability, it's quite obvious that alote of planes will fall and this will diminish your air attack power. But if 3 players are using the skillplane ability in the same time, what would be the impact? You won't even notice that there are 3 Schwerer on the field.

I don't think the problem is real.
9 Dec 2015, 07:49 AM

Well, OKW doesn't have viable air attack abilities, the existing ones are not even close from allied abilities in this area, especially USF and UKF. So I think their AA capabilities must be better than ostheer's. And they are.
Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Especialy when you have on the field exposed trucks.
Allied off maps abilities can be overhelming, so proper counters should exist. You want skillplanes running wild just because they cost 200 amo?
And if in 4v4 (good thing that we don't have 5v5, 6v6, 10v10, etc) these "free" AAs are so effective, if they are nerfed, how they will perform in 2v2s? Or 1v1s? The number of planes is the same, you know.

Furthermore, there is a question of proportions. If there are 3 Shwerers on the field, and one of the players use a skillplane attack ability, it's quite obvious that alote of planes will fall and this will diminish your air attack power. But if 3 players are using the skillplane ability in the same time, what would be the impact? You won't even notice that there are 3 Schwerer on the field.

I don't think the problem is real.

Just lol.
Didn't know that supply drop is a skill plane.
OKW has better AA abilities, 251/17 is best AA unit.

So, P47 can be shot down for free because skill plane, but JU needs Quad or AA HT because allies?

How they will perform in 2v2?lol. That's the point. They can't perform at all against planes. There is not a single reason why OKW should have free AA.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★