Login

russian armor

The game is too damn FAST

8 Dec 2015, 19:07 PM

I have the filling that after december patch the game is too fast. There is no early-mid game, 2-3 skirmishes, and then suddenly tanks apear on the battlefield... I dont think that is a good idea Relic. The game was much more fun to play. Now is such a pro game..is not fun anymore. 3v3 and 4v4 are totally broken...just a tank slaughter from the beginning to the end...It's so sad...
8 Dec 2015, 19:12 PM

You're playing 3v3 and 4v4.

There was never mid game there, resource inflation is way over the top to have normal stages of early mid and late like in 2s or 1s.
9 Dec 2015, 15:02 PM

And I was thinking about how I have to sit and wait for my flanking group of infrantry run round some bush or house and meanwhile everybody else takes a 5 minute break. :)

Or waiting for mortar crew to actually shoot smoke.

Yeah I get full points for smoke n flank.
9 Dec 2015, 15:05 PM
Donator 11

Its cuz we got half a patch. all other factions are goin at the normal speed while OKW can get their tech in half the time
9 Dec 2015, 15:08 PM

I have the filling that after december patch the game is too fast. There is no early-mid game, 2-3 skirmishes, and then suddenly tanks apear on the battlefield... I dont think that is a good idea Relic. The game was much more fun to play. Now is such a pro game..is not fun anymore. 3v3 and 4v4 are totally broken...just a tank slaughter from the beginning to the end...It's so sad...

Are you using all hotkeys and/ or tactical map/ control groups? I mean micro/ countering of these light vehicles is probably impossible if you dont. If you have to click ur mouse 10 times before trowing AT nade you might have problemz :megusta:
9 Dec 2015, 17:41 PM

Are you using all hotkeys and/ or tactical map/ control groups? I mean micro/ countering of these light vehicles is probably impossible if you dont. If you have to click ur mouse 10 times before trowing AT nade you might have problemz :megusta:

I dont use it :D Only depending on my own hotkeys micro ;)
9 Dec 2015, 17:42 PM

Don't forget the minute 12 heavy tank rush :/
9 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

Play 1vs1.... game has a much slower spacing.
9 Dec 2015, 21:31 PM

There should be a reduction in resource income in the higher game modes to bring the pacing back to similar to the 1v1 modes. Not hard to do from relics end and would help improve balance issues blowing out in the larger game modes.

I would love a mod of this if someone made it. Actual strategic game play when playing with friends instead of stacking blobs of infantry and using nothing but anti blob counters.

At the moment it is who blobs wins.
9 Dec 2015, 23:24 PM

There should be a reduction in resource income in the higher game modes to bring the pacing back to similar to the 1v1 modes. Not hard to do from relics end and would help improve balance issues blowing out in the larger game modes.

I would love a mod of this if someone made it. Actual strategic game play when playing with friends instead of stacking blobs of infantry and using nothing but anti blob counters.

+1
9 Dec 2015, 23:39 PM

or we can just stop letting teammates benefit from caches which is actually the problem. It's not like teamgames have more default points then 1v1. It's just that caches put out 4x the resources into the game then they would in a normal 1v1.
9 Dec 2015, 23:56 PM

or we can just stop letting teammates benefit from caches which is actually the problem. It's not like teamgames have more default points then 1v1. It's just that caches put out 4x the resources into the game then they would in a normal 1v1.

I would expect that 4v4s will go much more than an hour, or 2, and that is not practicable.
9 Dec 2015, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 23:56 PMLeodot

I would expect that 4v4s will go much more than an hour, or 2, and that is not practicable.
what are you talking about? Caches don't have an effect on length of the game. That's determined by VPs.
10 Dec 2015, 00:05 AM

what are you talking about? Caches don't have an effect on length of the game. That's determined by VPs.

True,but the VP changes were much often. I mean they would switch more than now. And this would extend the game drasticaly in terms as there is more time to play.

I would appreciate that there would be a mid game because 4v4 lags of it. if there is a solution to not extend the gameplay. Because 1 hours is enough, even good games go more than 1 hours., as for now
10 Dec 2015, 00:09 AM

Go play Simcity, possibly slow enough for you.
10 Dec 2015, 00:15 AM

Resource inflation is what murders the scaling in larger games.

Scaling income down to 1v1 levels would go a long way towards reducing their balance headache. In 4v4 it's much harder to cut off some ones resources for an extended period of time to hurt them economically.

That or having a completely different set of rules and balance for 3v3/4v4 but that's asking a bit much.
10 Dec 2015, 01:07 AM

I brought this up in other posts prior, The caches are not an issue for me as everyone built is essentially a unit not on the field and you should be able to punish them with map presence. The massive MP float allowing people to field large armies and build caches does stack this issue though. Remove the massive MP float and less caches will be built because like 1v1 you will feel the lack of unit presence and loose map control.

Relic needs to reduce income stacking, reduce team auras (Target weakness should be left as is and the like), fix pop cap issues and a few minor adjustments around 1v1 balance and relic will be most the way there to giving us the game we paid for after all this time.
10 Dec 2015, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 23:56 PMLeodot

There are still only 500 VP's, and someone is almost always losing one every 3 seconds. Occasionally games go beyond an hour but that usually requires contested VP's to be uncapped at times.

Resource inflation happens partly because capping is faster and partly because it's easy to build caches early in team games. Fuel and ammo drops help make it go faster also.
10 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM

Is there any doubt in your mind that people who play random 4v4's would start killing their own team's caches so they could get the extra resources for themselves? It might be funny to watch, but only from a safe distance as things go nuclear.

If you want something like this, just reduce the added fuel or muni per player. Right now, a cache makes +20 total fuel or muni per team in a 4v4 instead of the +5 that it does in a 1v1.
10 Dec 2015, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 01:40 AMGrumpy

Is there any doubt in your mind that people who play random 4v4's would start killing their own team's caches so they could get the extra resources for themselves? It might be funny to watch, but only from a safe distance as things go nuclear.

If you want something like this, just reduce the added fuel or muni per player. Right now, a cache makes +20 total fuel or muni per team in a 4v4 instead of the +5 that it does in a 1v1.
Everytime I mention this someone brings up this. But that's easily worked around by making chaches stackable. That would even make raiding the backlines more important as you can end up taking out a cache worth 800mp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★