Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
12 May 2016, 18:26 PM

So Command Panther Dmg is nerfed. So instead of 50% more Dmg only 25% but compensation it allows to make 25% more penetration and 25% easier hit?

Sounds not that bad and in fact more a buff for me than a nerf.
19 May 2016, 12:22 PM

Let me see if i got it right.

Costs for a Pershing with...

no tech: 1200 MP + 345 Fuel (just the Pershing)
tech : 840 MP + 350 Fuel (Pershing + major).

So the bonus is the MP you save and the extra option you get to build other tanks!
Correct?
19 May 2016, 12:47 PM

Hi Mirage,

I made an account just to highlight something to you.
I believe the E8 originally had no scatter penalty to reflect the fact that it has a better suspension system than regular Sherman tanks. I feel that this was a good reflection of it and helps to balance it in regards to no HE round, no tulip rockets etc.
19 May 2016, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 12:47 PMloljack
Hi Mirage,

I believe the E8 originally had no scatter penalty to reflect the fact that it has a better suspension system than regular Sherman tanks. I feel that this was a good reflection of it and helps to balance it in regards to no HE round, no tulip rockets etc.

+1 Rifleman Company is not that good either and Ez8 should have something extra to compensate for all that cost and being doctrinal, currently Cromwell is better in everyway and M10 is much more cost effective en mass.
21 May 2016, 22:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Let me see if i got it right.

Costs for a Pershing with...

no tech: 1200 MP + 345 Fuel (just the Pershing)
tech : 840 MP + 350 Fuel (Pershing + major).

So the bonus is the MP you save and the extra option you get to build other tanks!
Correct?

Yes. It is better to tech unless you really want that emergency call-in.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 12:47 PMloljack
Hi Mirage,

I might lower it, but I don't think it should get absolutely no scatter penalty. 1.25 Would be as low as I would go.

----
Also major update and a little bit of testing with how do we modifying commander ability through weird ways.

Command Panther Mark Target

- Target's modifiers changed to 1.5 Damage modifier to 1.25 damage, 1.25 Received Accuracy and reduces the targets armour by 25% for its duration.

M3 Scout Car
Veterancy modified so the Scout Car can gain veterancy more quickly given its lackluster fire-support and survive more effectively when it gains veterancy. Fuel cost slightly reduced to 10 to match its price and performance.

-Veterancy requirements to 380/760/1520 from 460/920/1840.
-Veterancy 2 provides the M3 with -25% Receieved accuracy.
-Fuel cost from 15 to 10.

KV-1
Veterancy changed to be more unique to emphasize that KV-2's role as a support/meatshield tank used to anchor a line.

-Veterancy 2 Horizontal Traverse Speed removed. Replaced by an aura that boosts nearby infantry, increasing accuracy by 10% while reducing received accuracy and cooldowns by 10%. 25 meter radius.
-Veterancy 3 Reload modifier removed.
-Veterancy 3 Speed and rotation modifier from 1.2 to 1.15.
-Veterancy 3 allows the KV-1 to repair 1.25 health every second when out of combat and increase the tank's health by 160.

Assault Guards
Slight increase in their survivability with veterancy to make the unit more survivable against small-arms to improve their combat effectiveness late-game. Furthermore, they can swap between a single DP-28 or their three PPsH-41s.
-Veterancy 3 provides -10% receieved accuracy.
-Can swap between a DP-28 or their PPsH-41s on a 30 second cooldown.

Revamped Doctrinal Abilities
The idea of the ability rework is to make underused abilities or abilities that are rarely seen more valuable. To do this, abilities that are lackluster have generally been bundled with other assets to help make these abilities less confined and have a greater impact onn one's army. Furthermore some doctrine have gained experimental abilities for testing and generally go over the common five ability limit so they're added in without locking out other abilities common to the commander.

Soviet Tank Traps
To make this item more useful, the ability also grants the ability to build bunkers that can be upgraded with a DShK HMG and is bundled with the anti-personnel mines.

Incendiary Overwatch
Replaces the anti-personnel mines for Soviet Defensive Doctrine.

-This ability targets a friendly sector. Enemies in the sector will be bombarded with incendiaries for a 60 second duration.

Anti-Tank Gun Ambush
The ZiS will now gain a first-strike bonus when using this ability as the ZiS cloak leaves the unit nearly completely stationary. Furthermore, the ability offers camouflage to the SU-76 which also gains a first-strike bonus.

-First-Strike bonus for ZiS and SU-76 at 1.25 accuracy and 1.25 penetration.
-SU-76 receives a 95% speed reduction when the ability is active and requires six seconds before the cloak activates. Must be purchased for 45 munitions.

Ostheer Trenches
Rather than just providing a single trench with the ability, it also allows Grenadiers, Ostruppen and Panzer Grenadiers to construct sandbags and wire to provide more defensive use.

-Panzer Grenadiers, Ostruppen and Grenadiers are allowed to build sandbags and wire with this ability.

Hulldown (Defensive Doctrine)
Unique to defensive doctrine, Hulldown allows Panzer IV and StuGs to be camouflaged when hulled down and are in friendly territory to reinforce the defensive posture of this ability.

-Regular Panzer IVs and StuG will be camouflaged in friendly territory when hulled down using the Defensive Doctrine. 2x accuracy from first-strike. Six second delay before the cloak activates.

ZiS-6 Truck (Conscript Support Tactics -Experimental- 3CP)
An Opel Blitz clone, this truck is designed to give doctrines with lackluster mid-late game with some ability to bolster their resources to tech to and produce stock units.

Jaegar Light Infantry (Jeagar Light Infantry Doctrine - Experimental- 1 CP)
Added a new unit to the doctrine to add more utility to doctrine that is heavily invested on munition upgrades.

-Jaegar Light Infantry can be called from off-map for 310 manpower. This squad moves slightly faster than other infantry, has camouflage, and decaps territory 30% faster than most infantry. Only carries unique Kar98ks and can sprint.
*0.9 Received Accuracy Base. Kar98K DPS(0/15/35): 4.3/3.8/2.9. 40 Sight.
*Veterancy 1: Self-Healing when out of combat
*Veterancy 2: Sprint duration increased by 25%, 50% first-strike bonus, +40% weapon accuracy
*Veterancy 3: +5 Weapon Range, -20% Receieved Accuracy

Forward Observers
Riflemen with this ability can also launch flares to emphasize the ability and doctrine of being able to easily scout areas of the map compared to other doctrines.

-Flares can be used by Riflemen when this ability is locked in.

Riflemen Flares
As Forward Oberservers is an improved version of this ability, Riflemen flares also offers the ability for a Rifle squad to purchase a Veteran Rifle squad leader. This ability locks out one slot item, but the squad gains improved accuracy with their M1 Garands.

-Rifle squads can now purchase Veteran Squad Leaders. This upgrade improves the squad's accuracy by 10% and reduces weapon cooldown by 10%. This ability locks out one slot item. Leader is armed with Paratrooper M1 Carbine with M1 Garands stats except it deals 10 damage over 8 and has 55% long-range accuracy. 60 Munitions.

Bug-Fixes

-Infilitration Commandos not receiving the Hold-Fire Ability.
-Ostruppen Reserves failing to spawn a second non-upgraded Ostruppen squad.

21 May 2016, 22:52 PM

Command Panther Mark Target

- Target's modifiers changed to 1.5 Damage modifier to 1.25 damage, 1.25 Received Accuracy and reduces the targets armour by 25% for its duration.

Yo no offense but it seems you are reading and implementing user posts on the balance forums a bit too literally. That suggestion was an overnerf when it was originally proposed.

If a nerf is indeed needed, it shouldn't be any less then 1.35. It is your mod I know, but seeing how relic takes their inspiration from this then I felt the need to bring it up.

The rest of those changes are pretty solid and interesting, specially the ones for ostheer.

21 May 2016, 23:22 PM

Yo no offense but it seems you are reading and implementing user posts on the balance forums a bit too literally. That suggestion was an overnerf when it was originally proposed.

If a nerf is indeed needed, it shouldn't be any less then 1.35. It is your mod I know, but seeing how relic takes their inspiration from this then I felt the need to bring it up.

The rest of those changes are pretty solid and interesting, specially the ones for ostheer.

How in the world is trading .25 damage for .25 RA and -25% Armor an overnerf? (If its even a nerf at all seeing as how it improves the accuracy and penetration of your units supporting the Panther) I think the idea is to reduce silly burst damage on marked tanks (like the current Brit Tulips) and instead focus on its role as a supporting ability - seeing as how its called Coordinating Fire or something like that.
22 May 2016, 00:13 AM

The panther almost always penetrates and that 1.5 increased damage was an insane buff. Reducing it to a mere 1.25 and also giving the panther itself a 1.25 RA is a bit over the top IMO.
22 May 2016, 08:21 AM

The panther almost always penetrates and that 1.5 increased damage was an insane buff. Reducing it to a mere 1.25 and also giving the panther itself a 1.25 RA is a bit over the top IMO.

The ability needed a tone-down, IMO, since it was used as a cheap veterancy-wiper.

What the new ability does is make the target easier to hit (by 25%) and also make them take 25% more damage. If you multiply the two, that's a 56% bonus. That's still a slight buff to the ability, that now trades a stupidly-high burst damage with more consistency.

However, if you look at the bigger picture, you will see that I lied a little bit:
- Most of the times you will be using that ability, your Panther(s) will be hugging the target anyway. Thus, any missed shots would still hit, due to the scatter rolls.
- OKW vehicles come equiped with the "Combat Blitz" abilities which, among other things, boosts their accuracy by 100%. Thus, if you really wanted to burn a lot of munition to wipe a veteran unit, you also had the option to activate Combat Blitz at the same time, which would (over)compensate for the moving penalty.

Moreover, when used on full-health tanks, the new Mark Target will not be really useful vs Mediums. To benefit from the 25% damage kick, you need to be hitting targets that take more than 4 shots to go down:
- Panthers and tank guns vs heavy-mediums and above (T34/85, Comet, Easy8)
- Panzerschrecks vs mediums and above will still benefit, but not as much.

With respect to fairness, Soviets burn an ability slot for "just" 35% damage. OKW gets a Command Panther on top of that.
22 May 2016, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

First, great new changes. The revised Panther Mark Target will be great for other AT units when they take down heavy tanks (with the Command Panther in support). Plus, it does not increase the Panther's received accuracy, it increases the received accuracy of the targeted vehicle.

Second, I have a suggestion:
Since you vastly increased the cost of call-in units without tech, I think that you should decrease their cost with tech (base cost).
For example, the WM Mobile Defense Sdkfz. 234 Puma costs more than the OKW's Sdkfz. 234 Puma. The M4(C) Sherman performs worse than a T-34/85 yet you pay more for one.

Since you have to tech up to pay a lower cost already, why not also decrease their "base" cost?
22 May 2016, 18:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

First, great new changes. The revised Panther Mark Target will be great for other AT units when they take down heavy tanks (with the Command Panther in support). Plus, it does not increase the Panther's received accuracy, it increases the received accuracy of the targeted vehicle.

Second, I have a suggestion:
Since you vastly increased the cost of call-in units without tech, I think that you should decrease their cost with tech (base cost).
For example, the WM Mobile Defense Sdkfz. 234 Puma costs more than the OKW's Sdkfz. 234 Puma. The M4(C) Sherman performs worse than a T-34/85 yet you pay more for one.

Since you have to tech up to pay a lower cost already, why not also decrease their "base" cost?

How much though? The M4C is 380/135. It has less armour than the PIV, but it's also a very fast tank with a high rate of fire and 0.75 moving accuracy you can also get a pintle to boot. The 85 really only has AOE and health over the M4C.

A lot of the call-ins/majority are appropriately priced when they do get their tech. Maybe slightly adjustments to certain ones, but not all call-in in general.

----
Quick addition to keep testing the Squad Leader upgrades:

Conscripts - Experimental
Added a squad leader upgrade to the Conscript squad to improve their effectiveness in the late game. This upgrade is available for individual purchase after the Mechanized Kompenya is built.

-Can now be upgraded with a Serzhant who improves weapon cooldown by 15% and accuracy by 5%. Orrah grants 0.9 received accuracy when active with this upgrade. Squad leader is armed with a PPsH-41.
22 May 2016, 18:46 PM

How much though? The M4C is 380/135. It has less armour than the PIV, but it's also a very fast tank with a high rate of fire and 0.75 moving accuracy you can also get a pintle to boot. The 85 really only has AOE and health over the M4C.

A lot of the call-ins/majority are appropriately priced when they do get their tech. Maybe slightly adjustments to certain ones, but not all call-in in general.

----
Quick addition to keep testing the Squad Leader upgrades:

Conscripts - Experimental
Added a squad leader upgrade to the Conscript squad to improve their effectiveness in the late game. This upgrade is available for individual purchase after the Mechanized Kompenya is built.

-Can now be upgraded with a Serzhant who improves weapon cooldown by 15% and accuracy by 5%. Orrah grants 0.9 received accuracy when active with this upgrade. Squad leader is armed with a PPsH-41.

I thought the T-34/85 has better AT than M4C because their guns bounce all the time and the AOE is better than the pintle because you can wipe inf from afar while M4C need to drive close. T-34/85 is more like a mini Tiger while M4C lacks Sherman HE and crew repair which is the main strength of Sherman while being more expensive.
22 May 2016, 18:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I thought the T-34/85 has better AT than M4C because their guns bounce all the time and the AOE is better than the pintle because you can wipe inf from afar while M4C need to drive close. T-34/85 is more like a mini Tiger while M4C lacks Sherman HE and crew repair which is the main strength of Sherman while being more expensive.

T-34 does have better penetration, but it's not an insane amount. Sherman is better at engaging anything of its size class or smashing the rear armour of other tanks with its RoF. You also have Conscript repairs in that doctrine.

Penetration

Sherman 76mm: 140/130/120
T-34/85: 160/140/120

Reload

Sherman 76mm: 4.5/4.1
T-34/85: 6.3/6

AOE

Sherman 76mm: 140/130/120
T-34/85: 160/140/120

AOE

Sherman 76mm: 2
T-34/85: 2.5

AOE Distance

Sherman 76mm: 0.5/1/1.5
T-34/85: 0.625/1.25/1.875
24 May 2016, 08:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was only referring to specific call-in units. The WM Puma and the SU M4C Sherman are the only call-ins I would adjust, as I feel Relic already added a small cost penalty to reduce the amount of call-in spam.
28 May 2016, 14:04 PM

Here are some ideas for UKF redesign if you are interested in some of them:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241794/redesigning-ukf#latest
24 Jun 2016, 15:06 PM

I have an idea for a QoL change:
- Give units a toggle ability that disables them from firing their weapons while moving.

Burst-capable units that fire their weapons on the move suffer from:
- Burst penalties (which means less damage even if the attack is scatter based; eg Ostwind)
- Cooldown decreases, which means you fire suboptimal burst more often
- Reload frequency does not depend on how many shots you actually fired

This means:
- You fire bad bursts, and you end up reloading way too often

The other use case is rifle-based infantry:
- Accuracy-on-the-move is attrocious
- The only way to get decent DPS and the ability to cover ground with those untis is using a stop-tapping trick
- Even then, it is exceedingly micro intensive to benefit from this, as the firing patterns will end up diverging.
26 Jun 2016, 20:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have an idea for a QoL change:
- Give units a toggle ability that disables them from firing their weapons while moving.

Burst-capable units that fire their weapons on the move suffer from:
- Burst penalties (which means less damage even if the attack is scatter based; eg Ostwind)
- Cooldown decreases, which means you fire suboptimal burst more often
- Reload frequency does not depend on how many shots you actually fired

This means:
- You fire bad bursts, and you end up reloading way too often

The other use case is rifle-based infantry:
- Accuracy-on-the-move is attrocious
- The only way to get decent DPS and the ability to cover ground with those untis is using a stop-tapping trick
- Even then, it is exceedingly micro intensive to benefit from this, as the firing patterns will end up diverging.

I don't think I know if there's a way to make that work simply and directly, so my assumption would be that to do that, you'd have to replicate the weapons of the unit/squad and make them completely alike aside from how they'd be incapable of firing on the move.

That would be...annoying to make.
11 Jul 2016, 22:45 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Alright here is an update to the mod after a long hiatus due to the skin contest.

General

Spawning

-Shifted the spawning to match the current game. Currenly looking for a solution to toggle between spawning on or off-map. Might add abilities where units from structures are called in after a period of delay that matches their build time.

AEF

Rear Echalon
Minesweepers now take up a slot for Sappers to prevent the unit from having double weapons as well as the ability to detect mines. Players also cannot pick up two weapons while the upgrade is researching.

-Minesweeper upgrade takes up a single weapon slot.

British

Bofors
Decreased the range of the Bofors barrage to make the Bofors vulnerable to indirect-fire weapons which are its intended counter. It still has enough range to engage units like anti-tank guns that can seige the emplacement.

-Barrage range from 80 to 60.

Churchill Infantry Support Tank
Modified the Churchill's smoke ability to only give a minor reduction to its speed, allowing it to be faster than infantry whereas previously it would move slower that the troops it was meant to support. Furthermore its population has been reduced given its role as a meatshield vehicle.

-Speed reduction from smoke from 0.5 to 0.85.
-Population from 18 to 16.

Mortar Pit
Decreased the auto-fire range of the Mortar Pit to prevent the emplacement from covering a large area with minimal micro with its double mortars. Barrage recharge time slightly reduced to compensate.

-Mortars 1 and 2 Auto-Fire range from 115 to 80.
-Mortar 2's Near AOE from 0.25 to 1.
-Barrage Recharge from 75 to 50 seconds.
-Smoke Barrage recharge from 75 to 35.

Sappers
Minesweepers now take up a slot for Sappers to prevent the unit from having double weapons as well as the ability to detect mines. Players also cannot pick up two weapons while the upgrade is researching. Slightly decreased the bonus from veterancy 3 reinforce cost.

-Minesweeper upgrade takes up a single weapon slot.
-Veterancy 3 cost reduction from 0.65 to 0.7. (18 manpower)

Valentine

Improved the damage of the Valentine tank to allow it to be more effective in combat given its frailness and premium price for doctrinal vehicle that relies primarily on recon abilities.

-Damage from 80 to 120.

Ostheer

251 Half-Track

Slightly increased the armour of the half-track to improve survivability against small-arms and certain units like the M15 Quad. Testing arrival of the half-track at an earlier period to encourage its use with Ostheer's combined arms.

-Armour from 9 to 14.
-251 Half-Track available from the Tier 1 building after BP 1 has been researched. Flamethrowers requires the Leichte Mechanized structure (Test)

Panther
Improved the weapon's accuracy at to allow the Panther to be more effective at engaging armour at maximum range, particularly when chasing vehicles and to be on par with other dedicated anti-tank vehicles.

-Accuracy from 0.06/0.045/0.03 to 0.06/0.045/0.04.

OKW

Volksgrenadiers
Slightly improved the veterancy 3 survivability boost to match most infantry at -23%.

-Veterancy 3 Receeived accuracy from 0.9 to 0.86.

Panther

Improved the weapon's accuracy at to allow the Panther to be more effective at engaging armour at maximum range, particularly when chasing vehicles and to be on par with other dedicated anti-tank vehicles.

-Accuracy from 0.06/0.045/0.035 to 0.06/0.05/0.04.

King Tiger

Veterancy has been shifted around to fit into an ongoing design where veterancy 1-3 provide regular stats while veterancy 4 and 5 provides utility and abilites.

-Veterancy 4 and 5 bonuses moved to level 3.
-Spearhead ability moved to veterancy 4.
-Long Shot ability added for veterancy 5. This ability allows the KT to fire a single shot at a vehicle at range 60 after a 4.75 ready-aim time.

10.5cm leFH

Adjusted the veterancy of the OKW leFH to match its Ostheer counterpart with two abilities added to veterancy 4 and 5.

-Veterancy adjusted to match leFH veterancy.
-Veterancy 4 provides Zeroing Barrage. This barrage increases in rate of fire and accuracy the longer the howitzer fires.
-Veterancy 5 provides Rapid Barrage. 3 standard howitzer shots, but the cooldown for the next barrage is reduced to 33 seconds.

Soviets

M3
Reverted the cost reduction. The fuel reduction now comes when the T3 structure is built allowing for a cheap scout/mobile healing unit into the mid-late game.

-Fuel cost decreases reverted back to 15. Now arrives when T3 is constructed.

Conscript Sergeant Upgrade

Slight reduction in the bonuses as they were very minor.
11 Jul 2016, 23:19 PM

M3
Reverted the cost reduction. The fuel reduction now comes when the T3 structure is built allowing for a cheap scout/mobile healing unit into the mid-late game.

-Fuel cost decreases reverted. Now arrives when T3 is constructed.

M3 in T3? Did you meant a M5, right? Because M3 is clown car in t1
11 Jul 2016, 23:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 23:19 PMFrost

M3 in T3? Did you meant a M5, right? Because M3 is clown car in t1

M3 gets a cost reduction when T3 is built.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS