Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
28 Apr 2016, 10:54 AM

Permanently Banned

If it's just the cost of the M4C Shermans, then it's supposed to be like that. Miragelfa increased the cost of call-ins if you don't tech. While I think 50% is over the top (25% would already be a huge penalty), it's not a bug. Unless you can't call it in at all without T4.

So why i can call him without tier for 500/200 cost ? but need build t3 ? where logic ?
28 Apr 2016, 11:00 AM

So why i can call him without tier for 500/200 cost ? but need build t3 ? where logic ?

The same logic that lead Easy8 and T34/85 to have discount when the got a tech cost.
28 Apr 2016, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

Just a short question for miragefla (sorry if you have answered it before, but i couldnt find it)

Why did you feel the need to outright remove shrecks from volks? I know that nerfing the shrecks is not an option ( having different versions of them in game is bad design). Thing is, the grenade nerf is a major nerf to all blobs including volks blobs. They were never the ultimate anti infantry tool (with bars on rifleman your could tear them up quickly). Yes, they were overperforming slightly, but IMO a nerf to the amount of veterancy they get with damaging vehicles might have been enough. So is there really no option that doesn't change the faction that much?

I havent played your mod yet, but i feel like T2 will have a harder time, because OKW doesnt have mobile AT in T2 then. Could the STG44 package be unlocked with T3 and maybe a panzerbüchse with T2 (similar to PE on vcoh) ?
It would give T2 a little more breathing room
28 Apr 2016, 16:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Ostwind (Test)
Ostwind moving scatter improved to help the Ostwind kite infantry more effectively.

-Moving scatter modifier from 2 to 1.5

Cromwell
Slight reduction to the vehicle's turn rate to make it less capable at crushing infantry which it is notorious for.

-Rotation rate from 38 to 35.

Schewer Panzer HQ (Test)
A test to see how earlier arrival would help Obers as they generally arrive late into the game unless are beingr rushed for when the other side is getting their weapons and veterancy.

-Schewer Panzer HQ Set-Up from 240/120 to 100/60
-Upgraded added to Panzer HQ called "Medium Panzer Authorization". Costs 100/60 and allows the deployment of Panthers, Jagdpanzers, and Panzer IVs.

Sturmpioneers (Test)
Another test for OKW with the reintroduction of the Panzerschreck on Sturmpioneers for 70 munitions. Buying this upgrade will weaken the support role of the Sturmpioneer.

-Can purchase a single panzerschreck after one truck has been deployed for 70 munitions. Reduces repair speed to 2 from 3 when purchased.

Volk StG
Slight cost reduction of the StG to in better line with the stats of the weapons.

-Munitions cost from 70 to 60.

Just a short question for miragefla (sorry if you have answered it before, but i couldnt find it)

Why did you feel the need to outright remove shrecks from volks? I know that nerfing the shrecks is not an option ( having different versions of them in game is bad design). Thing is, the grenade nerf is a major nerf to all blobs including volks blobs. They were never the ultimate anti infantry tool (with bars on rifleman your could tear them up quickly). Yes, they were overperforming slightly, but IMO a nerf to the amount of veterancy they get with damaging vehicles might have been enough. So is there really no option that doesn't change the faction that much?

I havent played your mod yet, but i feel like T2 will have a harder time, because OKW doesnt have mobile AT in T2 then. Could the STG44 package be unlocked with T3 and maybe a panzerbüchse with T2 (similar to PE on vcoh) ?
It would give T2 a little more breathing room

Thing is, the Schreck is so powerful and readily available on a mainline infantry unit that it meant it was being used as less support AT and more as a sort of main weapon because Volks were plentiful with only a modest reinforce. USF might be able to do it, but they lose more AI firepower and bazookas are worse vs heavier vehicles.

With less schrecks on the field it gives Allied armour more breathing room, but with Fausts, they can't dive in as hard. Furthermore, OKW has a buffed raketen and a test with Sturms with Schrecks is on-going.

Because T4 is where all the medium tanks are deployed while T3 is for light armour?

29 Apr 2016, 06:31 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

29 Apr 2016, 08:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 06:31 AMcapiqua
What is 'VO lines'?

thanks.

Voice over lines.
29 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Why comand panther cost 225 fuel without t3 ?
29 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

He's trying to balance out call-in vehicles that aren't tied to tech buildings by adding a "no-tech" penalty to the cost. That way you can't for example, go Lend-Lease and then just save up fuel for call-ins.
29 Apr 2016, 18:10 PM

because it is limited to 1?
29 Apr 2016, 18:19 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Then that's a bug.
29 Apr 2016, 18:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 18:10 PMMyself

because it is limited to 1?

Is-2, tiger 1, ele , JT are limited to 1, but thay have penalty for no tech structure.
29 Apr 2016, 18:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Is-2, tiger 1, ele , JT are limited to 1, but thay have penalty for no tech structure.

What are you talking about? They do.
30 Apr 2016, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1) Penals. Now that I've played a bit more, and even vacuum tested, I would say Penals are overpowered.

Un-upgraded, they only loose to:
-PGrens, all ranges
-Sturmpioneers, close and mid range
-LMG34 Obers, all ranges
-Falls, all ranges

Upgraded, they only lose to:
-PGrens, close range
-Sturmpios, close range
-Flamer Sturmpios, close and mid range
-LMG34 Obers, long range
-G43 PFusils, long range
-Falls, long range

Oddly enough, un-upgraded Vet 3 Penals won against Vet 3 Obers at long range. Equal cover.

While I don't know the exact DPS for your SVTs (I can't calculate it either, because cooldown & aim time is undisclosed), I feel that they overperform for their cost, especially with Zeal kicking in.

Suggestions:
-Only adjust SVT accuracy. An extra 25% damage, combined with accuracy buffs is a bit over-the-top. Reverting damage to 8 might be enough.
-Reduce the effects of Zeal. It's a wonderful mechanic, having players risk MP drain/a squad wipe to win engagements, but in the end it's too powerful. Removing the reduced received accuracy modifier would be good.
OR
-Increase squad cost and build-time to compensate.

Perhaps tailoring (stock) Penal Battalion performance to match G43 Panzerfusilers and (upgraded) Penal Battalion performance to match Flamer Sturmpioneer performance would be a good adjustment.

2) Slot Items. Is it possible to force Penals to always wield their Flamethrower? Sometimes the model wielding the Flamethrower dies, and I'm left with three PPShs.

3) Rear Armor. While the rear armor reduction is good for medium wolfpack flanking, the hitbox placement allows medium tanks to hit rear armor, even though it is still in front (and slightly to the side) of the heavy tank.

Suggestion:
-I'm not sure if you can code this, but perhaps a front/rear 75/25 split? This way, the probability of hitting rear armor from the front would be reduced by 50%, and require actual flanking maneuvers, instead of just positioning.
OR
-Revert the changes to rear armor values, and instead increase the penetration of mediums at close range. For example, the T-34/76 could get 150 pen at 0-10 range, 90 pen at 10-20 range, and 80 pen at 20-35 range.
30 Apr 2016, 06:42 AM

-Increase squad cost and build-time to compensate.

That does not really work because of merge...
Penal are too powerful and can stay on the field too long with conscripts merging to them...

Actually the problem with Penal is that they are too good in all range, they should be weak in some range.
30 Apr 2016, 07:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I don't see what's wrong if Penals can beat most early squads at most range given it's a dedicated AI unit from a dedicated AI building. Yes, they are strong but they are dedicated AI without any utility aside from bunker-busting and have a complete role change when upgraded.

Here are some Penal SVT stats:

Accuracy Near/Mid/Far: 0.7/0.65/0.55

Ready Aim-Time: 0.25/0.5
Fire Aim-Time: 0.25/0.5
Aim Time Multiplier near/mid/far: 0.45/0.85/2.35

Cooldown Min/Max: 1
Cooldown Near/Mid/Far: 0.45/1/1.7

Damage: 10

Range Near/Mid/Far: 6/15/35
30 Apr 2016, 07:33 AM

I don't see what's wrong if Penals can beat most early squads at most range given it's a dedicated AI unit from a dedicated AI building...

They ignore relative positioning. Gren will beat conscripts at far range but will lose at mid, Pg will beat riflemen mid distance but will lose at far. Penals are far too good at all ranges and on top of that by vet 2 they can chose the distance they want to fight with ourah...

Their accuracy is way to high and get better with veterancy and when losing members...

Penal should have a range that they are weaker.
30 Apr 2016, 18:41 PM

Hi,

played some games with our small community, and i would like to provide some feedback and my opinion about the current state of the mod.

General:

General behaviour:
Somehow i find it strange that stuff like AVRE are better than Sturmtiger (that have to reload manually and than is prone to be decrewed) while the AVRE is not. Stuff like that.

Rear Armor
I think the nerf is too heavy and hits especially the German Factions. Due to the engine limits not having side armor, it often simulates the rear and therefore i think the rear should be a mix between rear and side armor. Especially clumpsy vehicles like Elefant, Jagdtiger etc. suffer from those nerfs heavily. Also i miss nerfs for the rear for heavy vehicles like Churchill, Comet etc.

Mines:
I like the changes in general. But while we are currently talking about it, what is with the signs from Wehrmacht/Ostheer on S-Mines? I think, than we can remove them if possible. Also i miss the Riegel Mine. I find it too situational on some Commanders. Maybe it is possible to have it on normal SdKfz? Just an idea.

Snipers:
I like that they are easier to reveal and easier to hit. But i think shooting slower when enemy are coming closer is nonsense. I prefered the old system.

Armor:
I think some armor are too easily penetrated up front. E.g. Sturmtiger, Königstiger etc. I think especially the Königstiger should have more armor up front, especially comparing to IS-2. With rear armor nerfed, at least they than should be kinda hard nuts to crack up front.

US:
M36 Jackson buff is too much. Why is every other TD or AT gun reliant on spotters but the Jackson? I think you should need spotters for TDs like everybody else.

Major:
Arty Call In is too cheap. 6 Shells for 60 ammo? Almost like a handgrenade...

Ostheer:
leFH18 - the bulletins say that the leFH18 deals less damage but has higher rate of fire. Maybe we should work again into this direction. leFH18 has very high rate of fire while the ML got higher damage.

Just my 2 cents for today

6 May 2016, 02:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Another issue with Penals is Veterancy.They have a very low veterancy requirement (540/1080/2160).
In Comparison:
PGrens/Shocks/Paratroopers/Rangers: 680/1360/2720
Guards: 640/1280/2560

I would say that raising the Veterancy requirement would better reflect their power. Perhaps to the level of Guards?
6 May 2016, 07:01 AM

Indeed. Seems logical since the Penals are kinda powerful now.
12 May 2016, 18:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Another issue with Penals is Veterancy.They have a very low veterancy requirement (540/1080/2160).
In Comparison:
PGrens/Shocks/Paratroopers/Rangers: 680/1360/2720
Guards: 640/1280/2560

I would say that raising the Veterancy requirement would better reflect their power. Perhaps to the level of Guards?

Penals have already gone up in veterancy requirements. Sorry about not mentioning it.

It should be with their new cost at 600/1200/2400

Also I've got work done on the next upcoming version and I think it's safe to say it'll be V3 as we haven't been updating the number in ages and I will be looking over more of the unit veterancy. So far only one change is confirmed, but I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Upcoming

Command Panther
Adjusted the damage of Marked Target to be less, but provides other benefits to compensate to make the ability less punishing to lighter tanks.

-Marked Target from 1.5 Received Damage to 1.25 Received Damage 1.25 Penetration and 1.25 Received Accuracy.

Bug-Fixes

-Ostruppen reserves not calling in a second Ostruppen squad
-Hold-FIre being unavailable for Infiltration Commandos
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W