Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
18 Dec 2015, 14:24 PM

Yeah, I mean, I get why people are complaining but at the same time what exactly would you have OKW do? I like the new Kubel but it has kind of a niche function and probably won't survive past 4 minutes or the first Allied light vehicle. No stock MG (and puddingy doctrinal MG that doesn't even come at 0CP) puts OKW at a distinct disadvantage vs early Allied blobs. The raketen isn't quite as bad as it was at first, but it's still far and away the worst AT gun and is easily outmaneuvered by anything faster than an IS2.

The reality is that OKW just doesn't have a whole lot of opening moves, and that their lack of non-handheld AT (and lack of handheld AT other than schrecked up volks) forces their hand. I think I like the idea of a dedicated tank buster squad with an StG or other AI package for volks.

Yes, the problem is with these half-a*s solutions.

They fixed economy, but now again, there is no OKW midgame. Luchs is the only viable midgame unit. Even LeIG has been nerfed back to a mortar, which is not bad, but even less charming as before..

What else can you do in early game? Kubel is for capture, you need it at start. Without suppression kubel sometimes i dont even need kubel. I wouldnt mind it ofcourse, if relic would do something about other OKW solutions, but they dont even bother to fix the Flak emplacement. Its broken since release.. you build it and its decrewd with a single gun-shot.

Rwk43 is only good when you got a couple of schrecks and you dont want to spend another 90MU. Again something relic just forget about. Im not saying that Rkw43 is bad, its just not reliable enough without volks.

Obersoldatens are not viable either and comes late. Honestly i think its totally biased when people want 90MU panzerschrecks to be less effective against vehicles, while they are running with double upgrades on their already viable stock infantries. I could say nerf the sh*t out of Rifles with BARs and M1919s because im tired of rifle blobs..

-----------

Bottom line:
Current state is the result of half-a*s changes. Now we got something that not good, but you cant really fix it without giving other solutions for OKW. Obviously when all the faction do is volks+panther than nerfing volks will pretty much kill the whole faction.

I would suggest something like this:
- Rkw43 should be buffed
- Obersoldaten price reduction and unit moved to Healing HQ (T2)
- Panzerfüsiliers should be moved to Repair HQ (T3)
- Schreck price should be reduced
- Schrecks should be moved to panzerfüsiliers

But keeping OKW like this is... i dont know.. everyone keep talking like the faction is so strong. Yet they are not... they are totally one tracked, and boring as hell...
18 Dec 2015, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 14:24 PMRiCE

Bottom line:
Current state is the result of half-a*s changes. Now we got something that not good, but you cant really fix it without giving other solutions for OKW. Obviously when all the faction do is volks+panther than nerfing volks will pretty much kill the whole faction.

I would suggest something like this:
- Rkw43 should be buffed
- Obersoldaten price reduction and unit moved to Healing HQ (T2)
- Panzerfüsiliers should be moved to Repair HQ (T3)
- Schreck price should be reduced
- Schrecks should be moved to panzerfüsiliers

But keeping OKW like this is... i dont know.. everyone keep talking like the faction is so strong. Yet they are not... they are totally one tracked, and boring as hell...

See more on Know Your Meme
18 Dec 2015, 15:22 PM
Patrion 14

LOL no I don't agree with your conclusions though I do agree with your analysis. I would suggest something more like:

-Rkw43 aim time + reload buff, maybe slight increase in cost to compensate
-stock MG34
-volks get choice between G43 (i.e. mid range DPS buff) or MP40 (i.e. short range DPS buff) after first truck
-volks get non-snaring panzerfaust
-Either Obers get schrecks, or they get switched into a doctrinal call-in and OKW's newly non-doctrinal infantry squad (Fusiliers?) gets schrecks. I'm a little wary of giving Fusiliers schrecks as is though because they're relatively cheap, scale well, and have a six man squad. Handing them schrecks could be even more cancerous than the current meta.

Thoughts?
18 Dec 2015, 15:37 PM

LOL no I don't agree with your conclusions though I do agree with your analysis. I would suggest something more like:

-Rkw43 aim time + reload buff, maybe slight increase in cost to compensate
-stock MG34
-volks get choice between G43 (i.e. mid range DPS buff) or MP40 (i.e. short range DPS buff) after first truck
-volks get non-snaring panzerfaust
-Either Obers get schrecks, or they get switched into a doctrinal call-in and OKW's newly non-doctrinal infantry squad (Fusiliers?) gets schrecks. I'm a little wary of giving Fusiliers schrecks as is though because they're relatively cheap, scale well, and have a six man squad. Handing them schrecks could be even more cancerous than the current meta.

Thoughts?

I could live with that, if stock Obersquads price would reflect their performance properly without weapon upgrade.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS