Login

russian armor

USF Ambulance Weapon Drops

6 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM

Permanently Banned
6 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

lol well at least i show my player card (even if it is bad so what) and u dont why are you afraid?
7 Dec 2015, 07:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i dont see you running all they way bak to base to pick up weapons and i tell u its a real pain in the ass

Except for when I have to run back to base every single time because I am playing as Ostheer with no forward retreat. This is completely a non-issue that doesn't need Relic to develop a solution for.
7 Dec 2015, 07:46 AM
Donator 11

I think this idea is against the Geneva Conventions.
7 Dec 2015, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 07:36 AMTobis

Except for when I have to run back to base every single time because I am playing as Ostheer with no forward retreat. This is completely a non-issue that doesn't need Relic to develop a solution for.

still a pain in the ass to do especially if the maps are really big you wouldn't be saying that
7 Dec 2015, 07:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

still a pain in the ass to do especially if the maps are really big you wouldn't be saying that

I would be saying that still. I don't ask for auto facing AT-guns even though it is tedious because not everything needs to be done for you. I'm sure you can take the time out of your busy schedule to run back to base to upgrade your troops once in a match like Ostheer and Soviets do hundreds of times.
7 Dec 2015, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 07:51 AMTobis

I would be saying that still. I don't ask for auto facing AT-guns even though it is tedious because not everything needs to be done for you. I'm sure you can take the time out of your busy schedule to run back to base to upgrade your troops once in a match like Ostheer and Soviets do hundreds of times.

with usf being the most micro-intensive its easier said than done
7 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

with usf being the most micro-intensive its easier said than done

How is USF more micro intensive than soviets, who have cheaper and more plentiful squads? They also have no forward retreat point cutting down on micro.
7 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 08:01 AMTobis

How is USF more micro intensive than soviets, who have cheaper and more plentiful squads? They also have no forward retreat point cutting down on micro.

exactly
7 Dec 2015, 08:09 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

exactly

Exactly what?
7 Dec 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 08:09 AMTobis

Exactly what?

soviets have to build structures but they at least upgrade some of their weapons on the field without ever having to run back to base to pick them up same goes with the axis plus reduction of travel distance time
7 Dec 2015, 08:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

soviets have to build structures but they at least upgrade some of their weapons on the field without ever having to run back to base to pick them up same goes with the axis plus reduction of travel distance time

I wasn't talking about going back to base to rebuild structures, I was talking about retreating back to base reinforce and heal. Each soviet squad will run all the way back to base dozens of times to reinforce and heal, but they are still a very effective force. Having USF units go back to base one single time to pick up weapons is in no way a problem.
7 Dec 2015, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 08:17 AMTobis

I wasn't talking about going back to base to rebuild structures, I was talking about retreating back to base reinforce and heal. Each soviet squad will run all the way back to base dozens of times to reinforce and heal, but they are still a very effective force. Having USF units go back to base one single time to pick up weapons is in no way a problem.

it will be if the map is really big at the moment it is "not" a problem because some of the 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 maps are relatively "small" so getting back wont be a problem but what will happen if it does?
7 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

it will be if the map is really big at the moment it is "not" a problem because some of the 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 maps are relatively "small" so getting back wont be a problem but what will happen if it does?

How does that compare to Soviet units running back to base? How about the Ostheer? It's the same distance isn't it? And they do it multiple times per match instead of just once? Gee, this seems like the USF don't have it so bad.
7 Dec 2015, 08:27 AM

I usually have a one or two riflemen squads per game that never return to base & only get upgrades via stealing weapons. I don't think that is indicative of a game mechanic that is working properly.

I think there should be the ability to have a forward equipping area like the brits but at the same time I can't see it being managed fairly without some unnecessary structure or vehicle being created.

Theiving weapons balances it out I reckon.
7 Dec 2015, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 21:57 PMSwift
Ambulances carrying guns instead of medicine. What is this, Special forces spy ambulances? Your argument of giving up field presence so you can upgrade is feasible, however, you can dual upgrade and to compensate for the American early aggressive power you are forced to give up some map control. Big deal, you can give the weapons to every unit. Also, if you're having to retreat idle squads to upgrade, you're doing well already, so often when you upgrade is when you have retreated after losing health/models.

Slap "Crimea aid" on them and it will work :sibHyena:
7 Dec 2015, 08:42 AM

Yeah and also give it the ability to call in artillery and also have it produce vehicles and also make it a repair station.
7 Dec 2015, 08:54 AM

Yeah and also give it the ability to call in artillery and also have it produce vehicles and also make it a repair station.

Sounds fair to me. USF excels at customer service, so I heard at least. You can buy ammunition & guns everywhere in the US, so why shouldn't the ambulance provide also some guns? 'Murrica!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★