Login

russian armor

UKF on Life Support

PAGES (13)down
7 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

4v4
?

No one cares.

People should. If 4v4 dies off, a gigantic number of the already small player base will start to leave, since most people within said small player base play 4v4 :snfPeter:
7 Dec 2015, 13:25 PM

There is two reasons for this so called RANT. First, I am sick of getting ignored by Relic (justified or not due to lack of manpower resources)and this COH2.ORG community as whole.

There are glaring problems in 3v3+ that are like the old Opel Blitz. Remember that? an inevitably fixed glaring balance issue that affected only non 1v1. That took more than half a year to fix. But instead now, the new glaring problems are taking more than a year to be fixed or not even going to be fixed in the future.

The second reason for this rant is that the community as whole, especially those so called elite 1v1 players who has the most say think this is just fine. Just par for the course. Not 1v1, not interested. Team games are for fun and go fuck off if you don't got the balls to play the real mode. It not my mode, who the fuck cares about it.

Haven't even played a real 3v3+ match where you throw a grenade and slide over 500m to reverse order the jacksons you ordered to move up just a second ago while keeping your ears open for katty/stuka/werfer while remembering where numerous mines your teammate has discovered but could not sweep. The game where you had to coordinate 4 armies to kill hordes of churchill, jacksons or JT, KT etc etc. Nope, I played 1v1 and fuck it if I care, 3v3+ scrubs, I am coming, jump into the fuckin icy river and kill yourself in shame because you don't play 1v1.

----------------------------------

1. first glaring issue, forward retreat base. I don't want to be partisan here but OKW Forward Retreat Point is especially cancerous. it is hilarious that they can get it up so early into the game and maybe in 1v1 it might shave 20 seconds off retreat most of the time, in 3v3+, shaving of more than a minute of retreat time is fuckin given. To take it down early, allies invest into weak light arty early game, which means less mainline and if that serious commitment to take down the FRP does not work, you know because he is back on the field in 30 seconds while for you it takes 2 minutes? flak is already up.

not to say other FRP are good. but they come later and seriously, if you can not counter allies FRP with "wipe machines" so called walking stuka or panzerwerfer, you are a fuckin idiot.

FRPs promote blobbing and mass retreat, and removes one of the tactical essence of coh2: TIME. when Yoink said it in SNF4, he was absolutely right. Time is a fuckin resource and if you made your opponent retreat, you earned it. Now, you get a fuckin slap in the face for reward because the same blob returns 20 seconds later.

2. Whoever has late game wins usually. Well, now OPKW has early-mid-AND late game but... For eternity, Axis been wiping the fuckin floor in 3v3+ and since TBF release and last patch cycle, suddenly with rifle/con buff plus brit turned the table upside fuckin down? I wonder why.

others, I will not mention because they seems more personal or not particularly 3v3 exclusive as in OPkw in general, current popcap "bug", etc etc.

You do realise that only ost and soviets have no forward retreat points?

Its true that whoever is stronger late usually wins the game... but on UKF release brits had early, mid and late. They've been nerfed every patch since but i'd contend they still have the edge in late game, especially in team games.

Also, how serious can i take someone who almost exclusively plays allies and wants a hotfix for okw, but was completely fine with stuff like bofors and centaur? Because thats exactly the kind of people raging and ranting in the forums now, after months of allies having superior winrates. Patch comes that semkingly makes one axis faction too strong, within 24 hhours this forum was filled with demands for nerfs for axis, buffs for allies and all of that as hotfix. If you want a balanced game, then dont just cry when your favorite factio doesnt have 70+% winrate anymore, also complain when it DOES.
7 Dec 2015, 13:52 PM

Switched to Ostheer+2xOKW in 3v3. Build cache -> Struggle for 20 minutes -> Rush with 6 panthers -> Win game
7 Dec 2015, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

Defensive namecalling... the last straw :-)

I didn't name-call at all??? I was talking about his argument of ignoring 2v2+ and looking at 1v1 exclusively. Name-calling is targeting someone personally. DUSTY and I have been friends on Steam for a while and I don't mean anything I said on COH2.ORG personally.

You're the one questioning my intelligence so idk why you're talking

Also, after a look at your playercard two things become very obvious: almost exclusively allied player with PROBABLY LESS GAMES THAN DUSTY. How you come to the conclusion that you played this game "twice as much" is beyond me, but it looks like just another non-factual claim (thats fancy speak for lie ;-) ).
In case you actually, truly believed everything you said, you might want to go see a doctor as this is a serious condition.

Bro my most played playlist and faction is Ostheer 4v4 it says it RIGHT on the playercard??? I have more Ostheer 1v1s as well. True, I have my preference over the USF faction as of recent, but who doesn't have a preference?

I've reached top 200 for all factions in at least one playlist. I've reached 1st place Ostheer 4v4 and USF 4v4, and a whole lot of other top 20 ranks for different factions/playlists in the past. I have an entire YouTube channel dedicated to it: https://www.youtube.com/user/blasdlagwatasdsa. It's not like I'm hiding anything. This when I friggin wish Relic didn't add a 1 month inactivity ELO removal, then my Axis ranks would've showed. They can't expect me to play this game so frequently, let alone every faction and playlist. I literally had good ranks for every tile in my playercard, I was quite proud of it, now it's just a bunch of 0s. You can test my Axis skills if you would like in a 1v1.

My point was I've played all playlists, all factions, both in randoms and arranged. I have almost 2,500 hours in this game and DUSTY has around half of that (check Steam profiles I have 2,400 something and he has 1,400 something). That's where I got my "played twice as much as you".

And COH2.ORG playercards don't take in every arranged team you played with unfortunately, it has a max. I said I played mostly arranged, most of my games goes to arranged not random so they aren't even recorded in my playercard. I think COH2.ORG removes arranged teams based on longest not played
7 Dec 2015, 14:00 PM

Asymmetrical balance is dead and buried now, relic keep trying to solve this and fail. Now they took away okws suppressing arty they had to give it something to keep it alive but they gave it too much.
Okw is the new soviets, pretty much every problem with them has been a problem for soviets at some time or other. Getting rid of fuel penalty is great but pop cap changes just put it in overdrive. Making the mg non doctrinal and putting the luchs and jagd back where they were and swap shrecks for a snare for volks. Make the jagd suck a bit more and it can be the at gun of okw and we have our soviet mirror.
Wildly swinging patches keep happening because the factions "have to be different" but now with brits the sides are identical and trying to make units overly different just cant work anymore.
7 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

I didn't name-call at all??? I was talking about his argument of ignoring 2v2+ and looking at 1v1 exclusively.

Bro my most played playlist and faction is Ostheer 4v4 it says it RIGHT on the playercard??? I have more Ostheer 1v1s as well. True, I have my preference over the USF faction as of recent, but who doesn't have a preference?

I've reached top 200 for all factions in at least one playlist. I have an entire YouTube channel dedicated to it: https://www.youtube.com/user/blasdlagwatasdsa. It's not like I'm hiding anything.

My point was I've played all playlists, all factions, both in randoms and arranged. I have almost 2,500 hours in this game and DUSTY has around half of that (check Steam profiles I have 2,400 something and he has 1,400 something). That's where I got my "played twice as much as you".

And COH2.ORG playercards don't take in every arranged team you played with unfortunately, it has a max. I said I played mostly arranged, most of my games goes to arranged not random so they aren't even recorded in my playercard.

hours played on steam says how much again? :-) i've got 270h on steam, finished campaign and pretty much all ToWs... still i am also around 200 (or better) in almost all modes i play... does that make my opinion more or less relevant? does it make dustys opinion more relevant that he is ranked 3 in UKF 1v1?

thanks for linking that youtube channel btw, browsing through it real quick i found 1 (!) axis game from 1.5 years ago, way to prove a point :-)

also: you still lied about ukf 1v1. thanks for completely ignoring that.
7 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM

Not sure if this is just cognitive dissonance or a blatant lie. UKF after release had winrates in 1v1 that were only surpassed by USF, team games were similar (4v4 might have been an exception, cant recall).

Also, interesting side note: up until last patch, there were 4 guys in brit 1v1 top 10 with a 90+% winrate... guess how many there were for okw or ostheer? Exactly: 0

Again: either you are trying to lie in our faces with facts clearly on our side, or you "misremember" stuff through your rose-tinted glasses somehow. UKF NEVER was last place in 1v1, that distinction belonged to Ost almost the entire time iirc.

I've played this game twice as much as you. I've played this game since release and played every playlist and faction in arranged or randoms (but mostly arranged cuz surprise surprise some people like to enjoy playing the game strategizing/cooperating with friends). Just because I've taken off from CoH2 doesn't mean shit.

Idk who gave you the permission to point out who deserves to be heard and doesn't.

It's really baffling how you're going to ignore 2v2+. You're blatantly biased, not even attempting to hide it calling team games "scrub." Lol? Do you honestly not care for CoH as a whole and a successful game?

That's some insane tunnel-vision selfish game-killing plan you got there. If you wan't the CoH 2 community to be decimated, then go ahead and say it. You gotta think from the developer/producer's perspective, not a select few "elite." It's a videogame, many people play it, not just you?

There's a ginormous community in CoH, and most of them play 2v2+. That is fact. IF balance was changed based on popular demand, 1v1 would be least looked at, I hate to break it to you. You were there on that Russian tournament yourself and saw how live a poorly marketed non-English tournament went simply because it included large team games, I don't get why this needs any further explanation.

Defensive namecalling... the last straw :-)

Also, after a look at your playercard two things become very obvious: almost exclusively allied player with PROBABLY LESS GAMES THAN DUSTY. How you come to the conclusion that you played this game "twice as much" is beyond me, but it looks like just another non-factual claim (thats fancy speak for lie ;-) ).
In case you actually, truly believed everything you said, you might want to go see a doctor as this is a serious condition.

for the first one i must tell you that Relic took those statistics and nerfed since then the British,ofc the nerf hammer was being dropped since the Alpha which i also took part in it........

second the british win streaks happend duo to the crazy centaur rush which pretty much killed any stall type of strategy into tigers also since it was soo good at clearing garrisons AND killing shreck blobs as good as the croc(but not better)this lead to those crazy win strikes,also dont forget that most british players used the Sniper as a way to keep them in the game during that time and counter the ridiculous sniper mp drain werhmacht players could do to them.

but this didnt make the faction so much viable for 1vs1s as such many people on OCF went for the usual soviets or USF as ALLIES and as AXIS went Werhmacht,also lets also not forget that the OCF champion won that strategy quite well multiple times in the Tournament(with werhmacht)

so expect heavy OKW nerfs next year,and dont bother telling people to prepare for fast luch,cause that didnt prevect relic into delaying Soviet T3 m5 rushes and t-70 rushes,dont bother telling people to wait to adapt cause that didnt happen before with the british,dont expect further UKF nerfs but minor buffs or crazy ninja buffs

7 Dec 2015, 14:20 PM

Fun facts;

• Handsome toms still beat all the other baseline inf. With upgrades they beat the best of the best inf. Insane cover bonuses still intact.
  • Vickers the best MG in game
  • Crom the best medium in game
  • .50AP has literally no counter
  • The pits better than any arty
  • RE vastly over performing for their cost.

Refer to my sign
7 Dec 2015, 14:28 PM

Stop crying, UKF were disgustingly OP last patch, they needed nerfs and still the Churchill tank is OP atm. UKF doesn't deserve to be more OP then the rest of the factions simply because its a newly added faction.
7 Dec 2015, 14:34 PM
Patrion 14

1. You do realise that only ost and soviets have no forward retreat points?

2. Its true that whoever is stronger late usually wins the game... but on UKF release brits had early, mid and late. They've been nerfed every patch since but i'd contend they still have the edge in late game, especially in team games.

3. Also, how serious can i take someone who almost exclusively plays allies and wants a hotfix for okw, but was completely fine with stuff like bofors and centaur? Because thats exactly the kind of people raging and ranting in the forums now, after months of allies having superior winrates. Patch comes that semkingly makes one axis faction too strong, within 24 hhours this forum was filled with demands for nerfs for axis, buffs for allies and all of that as hotfix. If you want a balanced game, then dont just cry when your favorite factio doesnt have 70+% winrate anymore, also complain when it DOES.

1. i have problem with all FRPs if you read at all.

2. each to their own.

3. how can i take you seriously when you dont even have playercard visible?

almost exclusively? i still play axis 2v2 even when they were UP for fun and just to keep in touch. is it my fault if i like usf the best? nice hyperbole dude.

if i was a cry baby, i wouldve ranted in '13 when i realised how shamefully ppl treat 3v3+ players then, which was worse than now surprisingly.

we'll wait and see about okw but i doubt anything will change. if okw is really op as these "fanboys" are saying, would you say they figured it out early using logic and common sense or rather argue that their fanboism lines up with real balance issues by chance?

7 Dec 2015, 14:48 PM

1. i have problem with all FRPs if you read at all.

2. each to their own.

3. how can i take you seriously when you dont even have playercard visible?

almost exclusively? i still play axis 2v2 even when they were UP for fun and just to keep in touch. is it my fault if i like usf the best? nice hyperbole dude.

if i was a cry baby, i wouldve ranted in '13 when i realised how shamefully ppl treat 3v3+ players then, which was worse than now surprisingly.

we'll wait and see about okw but i doubt anything will change. if okw is really op as these "fanboys" are saying, would you say they figured it out early using logic and common sense or rather argue that their fanboism lines up with real balance issues by chance?

1. so you have a problem with "all" FRP, but you only mention OKW?

2. point ignored, okay.

3. i could link you my playercard (which isn't hard to find btw), but since i'm not the one making claims, i doubt that it is relevant (i openly admit that ostheer is my most played faction, never played a single OKW game)

also, thanks for ignoring the other point about only complaining when your favorite faction is at a disadvantage, because that's EXACTLY what you're doing right now. literally months of USF (and general allied) dominance over pretty much all game modes (save for maybe 4v4) and not a single word. not even 4 days of a new patch where USF doesn't have highest winrate anymore? HOTFIX PLS.

also: i can guarantee that if you argue for a balance game instead of buffs for your favorite faction, people will be way more susceptible to your reasoning than now.
7 Dec 2015, 15:09 PM

for the first one i must tell you that Relic took those statistics and nerfed since then the British,ofc the nerf hammer was being dropped since the Alpha which i also took part in it........

second the british win streaks happend duo to the crazy centaur rush which pretty much killed any stall type of strategy into tigers also since it was soo good at clearing garrisons AND killing shreck blobs as good as the croc(but not better)this lead to those crazy win strikes,also dont forget that most british players used the Sniper as a way to keep them in the game during that time and counter the ridiculous sniper mp drain werhmacht players could do to them.

but this didnt make the faction so much viable for 1vs1s as such many people on OCF went for the usual soviets or USF as ALLIES and as AXIS went Werhmacht,also lets also not forget that the OCF champion won that strategy quite well multiple times in the Tournament(with werhmacht)

so expect heavy OKW nerfs next year,and dont bother telling people to prepare for fast luch,cause that didnt prevect relic into delaying Soviet T3 m5 rushes and t-70 rushes,dont bother telling people to wait to adapt cause that didnt happen before with the british,dont expect further UKF nerfs but minor buffs or crazy ninja buffs

brits were nerfed several times... and after every patch their winrate was still higher than most (apart from USF). centaur was one part of why brits were so OP (and pls, go back and look at all the threads back then that demanded a nerf to the centaur, you will see quite a few familiar faces defending the centaur back then and now demanding buffs to brits and nerfs to axis), there were quite a few others as well.
brits adapted fairly quickly to ost snipers btw... if you spam 5 IS and neglect teching up or getting a countersniper or a bren, then the MP bleed is not the result of ost sniper being OP, but you failing to adapt. ost sniper wasnt nerfed, only change was to IS reinforce cost, and even before that patch went live almost nobody was complaining about MP bleed anymore.

also, pls go back and watch OCF again... especially aimstrongs games. lots of brits, lots of bofors, lots of centaur. also, go back a few posts and read my post about UKF winrates in 1v1... 4 out of the top 10 players in UKF 1v1 had 90+% winrates, as opposed to 0 for either OKW or Ostheer.

i do expect OKW nerfs, but buffing allies because OKW might be too strong (and ofc nerfs to OKW as well) is incredibly fanboyish.
7 Dec 2015, 15:50 PM

Only 1vs1 prospective , i dont play team game because i have no friend. lol.

but luchs supported by double schreks at 6,30 minute mark , definitely broke the entire game and have no real counter.

Afterward you can say whatever you want and discuss for ever.... but that's a fact and relic need a solution , if not ... we gonna see a 90% axis in automatch.

7 Dec 2015, 15:52 PM

Luchs? .50AP hard counters it and the 6P get it with almost 2 shot. AEC wrecks OKW T2/T3.

Refer to my sign please.
7 Dec 2015, 16:14 PM

Brits had good winrates because of crutch units. (Crocodile, Centaur, Commandos)
Crutch units had multiple nerfs with very little improvements to the underperforming units. (such as the whole damn Royal Artillery regiment)
7 Dec 2015, 16:18 PM

Yes, I also believe the churries were nerfed to the point that no one builds them anymore. They are the new KV1 :snfPeter:
7 Dec 2015, 16:23 PM

I will copy here my 2 latest post from other thread. They pretty sum up all i want to say right now.

1 post about pls. wait one week until dust setlle up

!I think we should wait 1 week. Let the meta setlle down and then start making asuptions in 1vs1.

Keep in mind that lot USA player ranks were inflated and belong to top 300 not 150 and thier rank was mainly based on flame rifle cheese with vet 3 in 10 minutes.

So please wait one week everyone except top 20 need to adapt a bit and then we see.

EDIT: I was also looking at game played.Most top 150 played only OKW or mostly OKW and not many players played allies so OKW got matched much more times agains lover than top 150 players than other factions because of imbalance in Axis/allies games playedHector

And how to play British without losing in 1vs1 agains new axis meta - sorry for some misclicks and grammar mistakes , don´t be a grammar nazi

!First I will make my assumtions about OKW and brits.

Think you need to notice: Nerf of churchill , nerf of IS , bugged buildings - flak weapons do almost none damage to them and okw only counter to building is flak weaponry or incing nade.
Fast luchs meta . if okw loose flakHQ they cannot produce tanks.

So in first minutes you need to win fight agains mix of volks and pis and posibly kill kubel.
I would recommend mg , IS , mg build order , with posible UC if he make kubel. With UC you can kill kubel , upgrade with flamer (counter to building) and also bait luchs on mine.

You IS will be frontline and mg will be behind them to cover your line with supression.
You will need to focus on your point of map and harrass OKW cut off with IS and mg when he make full reteat - this can slow luchs by a lot.

Now comes mid game you tech for AT gun and engineers and sniper. To place lot of mines and then kill it with AT gun. Or you can go 1 AT squad if you have that commader (if you get drop , but this second strat can work too).

Hope you get sniper to vet 1 before he rush luchs or place lot of mines in are where oyu have sniper mgs and at gun.

Once you have 2 engineers and 2 IS I recommend going 5th squd memeber upgrade , but dont go weapons because you need to use munny on mines.

With good defnsive plan and counterattacks on cut off you will go to late game with tank bonus (he need to backtech for medics , luchs failed , you floated fuel).

No i recommend going 2 cromwells and second sniper so you will constantly bleed him , hold line and attack cut off.

in very late game you can go comet of firefly (depends on his armor)

Hope it helped you .

Recap : cut off play , defensive
mg ,IS , mg (UC)
tech
sniper (or go first at gun and mines if you failed to get half map and sometimes harrass)
engi => mines
AT gun
engi
squad booster
tech
cromwell
weapons (bren guns)
sniper
cromwell
comet/firefly (or AT gun)

Hope it helped you.

Agains ostheer it remains almost the same (except late game) as before
mg , IS
tech
sniper to countersnipe (you need micro)
engineer for mines for fast 222
At gun to finish 222
IS
squad booster
mortar pit(goes well with AVRE doctrine) if he have no mortar halftrack , else another engi
tech
fast centaur / cromwell - depends on ma control
another AT gun
weapons (you spammed mines before)
cromwell
posiblly AVRE to counter pak wall
comets to counter axis stuff.

5 main points
1. defense
2.cut off
3. sniper
4.mines
5.fast mid game tank

HOPE I HELPED YOUHector

7 Dec 2015, 16:28 PM

Fun facts;

• Handsome toms still beat all the other baseline inf. With upgrades they beat the best of the best inf. Insane cover bonuses still intact.
  • Vickers the best MG in game
  • Crom the best medium in game
  • .50AP has literally no counter
  • The pits better than any arty
  • RE vastly over performing for their cost.

Refer to my sign

1. Tommies with upgrades (which cost resources) in cover can still beat other infantry. Without upgrades OKW still wipes the floor with them
2. This is a toss up between 42 and Vickers. Vickers also cost 280 so it ain't cheap. And it being good is required so Brits can hold ground
3. Crom is certainly not the best medium tank in game. That distinction almost certainly goes to P4 of OKW.
4. Are you saying the 50-cal mg? I don't even know what you are trying to say.
5. Mortar pit is countered by mobile mortars. It is significantly worse in almost everyway. The fact that you think them better than all arty is laughable.
6. RE's are doing good work right now, but I am unsure if they are over performing. Almost the only way to have any chance to compete against waves of OKW armor.

@Pigsoup

I liked your breakdown. The FHQ's available so early to OKW bolsters them significantly in larger games. This also significantly affects wehr, making it possible for them to avoid retreating and they can skip building their HT.

Balance issues in larger games need to be addressed.

For those that think we should wait this out, or that everything is hunky doorey because 1v1's are balanced, I am sorry but you are wrong. You are free to hold that opinion but for the game to survive you are wrong. All the current patch does is scare away other players, and 1v1 is not large enough to support this game. Waiting is just a bad strategy when the game is so broken right now.
7 Dec 2015, 16:32 PM

@Imagelessbean

And you've fell for it.
7 Dec 2015, 16:39 PM

@Imagelessbean

And you've fell for it.

NOTE: I was surfing on the internet and found 1 billion thousands of bait meme. Katitof gonna Katitof and this never end. Only option is to wait until katitof hit biggest number of bait post ever possible and then there shall be peace

PAGES (13)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 19
Peru 7
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L