Login

russian armor

A move > ambushed Goliath

9 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM

People compare goliath to demo, so why doesn't it have no vision like a demo? I would pay extra for the vision microchip for demos :snfPeter:
9 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The Goliath is rubbish.

Never mind historical facts, let's look at it from a balance perspective.

It's a self-spotting, self-moving unit that costs only 100 munitions and NO population, which is the size of a satchel charge, but has enough firepower to put a walking stuka rocket barrage to shame.

It should not be self spotting, it's a machine, how does it see? does it have an onboard camera? Are there shrunken suicide bombers in them?

It is working in a broadly similar fashion to COH1. It is an effective anti-blob device. Gaming> historical facts

Also, camo, COME ON. Place it behind a crate and watch 3 rifle squads get wiped by its absurd payload. Ridiculous.

You're wrong, I'm afraid. I did just this the other day, parked a Goliath invised in cover near a crate and a blob of four IS picked it up, without getting anywhere near as close as you had to in COH1. That, I think, is the nub of Porygon's complaint and IMO he is correct.

9 Dec 2015, 11:41 AM

People compare goliath to demo, so why doesn't it have no vision like a demo? I would pay extra for the vision microchip for demos :snfPeter:

There is a german midget inside it, driving it around like a tank.

It being remote control was just axis propaganda.

Excessive use of midgets as goliath drivers was the reason why they couldn't find enough of them to play Ooompha-loompha in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory post war.

If it was remote controlled, it would require additional squad to spot for it, like you need to do it with remotely controlled demo charge :romeoMug:
9 Dec 2015, 12:03 PM

There is a german midget inside it, driving it around like a tank.

It being remote control was just axis propaganda.

Excessive use of midgets as goliath drivers was the reason why they couldn't find enough of them to play Ooompha-loompha in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory post war.

If it was remote controlled, it would require additional squad to spot for it, like you need to do it with remotely controlled demo charge :romeoMug:

https://youtu.be/cxEDLHGUcO8?t=1m30s

We need this now!:

9 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM

How about...
1. Make it unable to spot when stationary (unless sweepers)
2. Give it toggeled ability. When ON you can move, you have camo behind cover, but you can be spotted by all kind of units. Disadvantage - can be spotted like now. Advantage - you can rush into blob from the cover.
When Off, you are unable to move, but it;s invisible everywhere (no need for cover) just like demo and only sweepers can detect.
3. 5sec timer on toggle, so you cant be invisible and then just click and run into blob.
9 Dec 2015, 12:54 PM

Hello.

Gaaaw i think i am in love with this little bugger. Yet, when i build one i feel dirty and it feels good.. and i build 3 more.. what no more punitions for panzershreck? who cares! more goliaths! nomnomnom.
Jokes aside, it feels really unfair when it blows an ATgun, gun included or 2+ squads.
Yes the noise is here but the camo makes me feel it is really hard to spot/counter and often it goes unpunished in the middle of the ennemy lines. More pig!

Kozo.
9 Dec 2015, 12:58 PM

We need this now!:

I read sometime ago that those anti tank dogs were a total failure....they were trained with SU tanks (gasoline) so when they were deployed to the battlefield they don´t search for axis tanks (diesel) but run behide SU tanks coz they were used to the diesel smell

9 Dec 2015, 13:12 PM

But this is CoH not reality, here they will be effective. Spam anti-tank mobile dog mines with self spot to counter 11 min KT. :foreveralone:
9 Dec 2015, 20:42 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 12:58 PMFul4n0

I read sometime ago that those anti tank dogs were a total failure....they were trained with SU tanks (gasoline) so when they were deployed to the battlefield they don´t search for axis tanks (diesel) but run behide SU tanks coz they were used to the diesel smell

Sorry but T34´s operated on Diesel, while the Axis forces used Gasoline engines, thats why the Tiger drinks fuel like its beer
9 Dec 2015, 20:52 PM

Pay attention to your monitor while playing the game

The first thing he said that was not ba(i)tshit insane and I see he got banned. Hilarious.

We need this now!:

Can we call it David Squad?
9 Dec 2015, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 12:58 PMFul4n0

The dogs were trained using Soviet tanks. So, on the battlefield, the dogs did what they were trained to do: go under Soviet tanks.

That said, the Goliath, if being treated like a demo, should behave like a demo: no sight radius.
9 Dec 2015, 23:33 PM

It is working in a broadly similar fashion to COH1. It is an effective anti-blob device. Gaming> historical facts

You're wrong, I'm afraid. I did just this the other day, parked a Goliath invised in cover near a crate and a blob of four IS picked it up, without getting anywhere near as close as you had to in COH1. That, I think, is the nub of Porygon's complaint and IMO he is correct.

Thank you Major, it is so disparate but great to know out of four page finally got someone sense making to verify what I claimed.

Of course I know how to use the Goliath under this "setting", you must utilize the true sight mechanism or wait at retreat path and Alluluchewbaca the retreating blob. What we did back in COH1 does not work anymore. It is ridiculous though, the demo must require a sweeper to spot, but an A-moving squad / blob can AUTOMATICALLY spot the cloaked Goliath and finish it before the Goliath retreat or reaching the squad, is strictly stupid.

The cloaking mechanism of Goliath should encourage the Axis player setting up a trap and decimate the bad blobbing player, but it ends up punishing the Axis player wasting 100 muni by doing the correct and intended way.

They need to remove or greatly reduce the distance of an infantry squad spotting the CLOAKED Goliath, and make sweepers detecting it.
10 Dec 2015, 00:32 AM

It is broken as shit if you are in ANY map with buildings especially city type maps all you have to do is hide it behind a building then boom dead squad. There is 0 way to know that it is there, unless you can see the future you will not retreat in time before you get wiped. Who cares if it cost 100 munitions when it can easily wipe my rifle squad with two bars. Who won there? and it is fast enough to sometimes cut off retreating infantry.

Lets be realistic other than early game you cant fight axis infantry with just one squad your going to move to use mulitple units and often times close together because of like I mentioned narrow streets things like that. It has 0 counter other than driving and clear open territory, but even on those maps there is always a few buildings to hide it behind where it becomes unavoidable unlike demo charges
10 Dec 2015, 00:34 AM

Thank you Major, it is so disparate but great to know out of four page finally got someone sense making to verify what I claimed.

Of course I know how to use the Goliath under this "setting", you must utilize the true sight mechanism or wait at retreat path and Alluluchewbaca the retreating blob. What we did back in COH1 does not work anymore. It is ridiculous though, the demo must require a sweeper to spot, but an A-moving squad / blob can AUTOMATICALLY spot the cloaked Goliath and finish it before the Goliath retreat or reaching the squad, is strictly stupid.

The cloaking mechanism of Goliath should encourage the Axis player setting up a trap and decimate the bad blobbing player, but it ends up punishing the Axis player wasting 100 muni by doing the correct and intended way.

They need to remove or greatly reduce the distance of an infantry squad spotting the CLOAKED Goliath, and make sweepers detecting it.

lmao "it punishes the axis player". If you put it behind a building like I said above what is going to stop you from wiping my squad? I will have a split second to react and the blast radius is huge so still not going to matter.
10 Dec 2015, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 00:34 AMRocket

lmao "it punishes the axis player". If you put it behind a building like I said above what is going to stop you from wiping my squad? I will have a split second to react and the blast radius is huge so still not going to matter.

Once again I claimed, 4v4ers (especially those are laughable that even having higher losing count than wining) should GTFO from balancing argument, because of their "godlike" skills, and their laughable attitude.

Goliath cannot wipe a single squad unless it is at the middle of the squad formation, your slow reaction is the thing you should blame.

Also, argument of having a ambush unit behind a corner of the wall being OP, is plainly stupid. Shocks, Commandos, PG, IRSTG Obers, they all can ambush with the same way and wipe in merely few seconds. You take the risk while you point your squad into potential killzone, period.
10 Dec 2015, 02:22 AM
Patrion 14

+1.

it is still retarded but this is first step we can take before we eventually remove the whole click-explode demos and gloliath.
10 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 01:41 AMPorygon

Once again I claimed, 4v4ers (especially those are laughable that even having higher losing count than wining) should GTFO from balancing argument, because of their "godlike" skills, and their laughable attitude.

Goliath cannot wipe a single squad unless it is at the middle of the squad formation, your slow reaction is the thing you should blame.

Also, argument of having a ambush unit behind a corner of the wall being OP, is plainly stupid. Shocks, Commandos, PG, IRSTG Obers, they all can ambush with the same way and wipe in merely few seconds. You take the risk while you point your squad into potential killzone, period.

Nope I was talking about 2v2 (which is what I base my balancing arguments about) like hummelsdorf and ettlebrook.

WHAT?! it had to be in the middle of a squad? BULLSHIT. no it does not and if it is sitting right behind a building and you come around the corner you will have ZERO time to react to it. So because they might have goliaths i have to spend the whole game only fighting where it is open and no cover or buildings where they can pop out when i come around a corner and insta wipe? The other units you listed give you time to retreat. Using goliaths this way leaves you no time to retreat.
10 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 20:32 PMRocket

Nope I was talking about 2v2 (which is what I base my balancing arguments about) like hummelsdorf and ettlebrook.

WHAT?! it had to be in the middle of a squad? BULLSHIT. no it does not and if it is sitting right behind a building and you come around the corner you will have ZERO time to react to it. So because they might have goliaths i have to spend the whole game only fighting where it is open and no cover or buildings where they can pop out when i come around a corner and insta wipe? The other units you listed give you time to retreat. Using goliaths this way leaves you no time to retreat.

Then veto those maps, genius.

And you must have hearing issue if you can't hear that noisy Goliath sneaking around.

I just wasted 10 mins trying to shut those genius up, like you.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★