Login

russian armor

[December] Volks and Obers are Overpriced

3 Dec 2015, 13:52 PM

Volks; easily beaten by cons and other though more expensive counterparts, no AI upgrade, no significant vet bonuses (such as %60 increased accuracy for vet3 penals) , basically no utility other than a rather fragile AT and point capturing waste of MP with rather annoying voice acting.

Obers; usually available when the match is pretty much over (with the new expensive T4), no 2x upgrades, long rebuild cost/time, weird burst rate behavior, high Vet requirements, can be beaten by:

- Cons
- IS
- RM
- Shocks
- etc

Simple 1minute DIY Soultions;

Volks; Remove the Shreck upgrade and replace it with PzB which should improve AI and tone done the AT blobability

Obers; Change their cost to 360, swap them with the ouh 251, reduce Vet Requirement, reduce rebuild cost to 32, reduce rebuild time.
3 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

OKW tech pacing haven't changed except for the first truck.

You could get obers between 8 and 10 minute before, you can do it now.
If the game is about to end by that time for you, you have greater issue here.

And LOL about your volks argument, they can win vs approaching rifles now, cons lose so badly at mid and long range its not even funny and don't have easy time even at short and tommies are fucked in general
3 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

All the posts are on topic. I read it with interest and I attempted to add to the conversation asking for something to built a discussion upon, but you seem to refuse. Why do you suddently suppose that I get nervous? Why do you suddenly turn towards me when I am trying to be friendly? Additionally, I pointed out towards another post which seem to know how to create an interesting discussion.

The following questions for instance popped into my head when reading your post, with focus on the Volksgrenadier. The questions are examples, and is just a subset what others may also be thinking.

*more expensive counterparts
What more expensive counterparts?

*Significant vet bonuses
What are they that you consider them as not significant? Is this common consensus? Relic underlined that Vet5 are still 1.25x stronger than vet3.

*fragile AT
Why is the AT fragile? Does it drop constantly? Is the penetration or damage too low? Aim time? Costs?

*Rather annoying voice acting.
Is this relevant for balancing?

*Waste of MP
Why is this a waste of MP despite it being the most built OKW unit?

You need to add more quantifiable values to your discussion, for instance, Volks can now beat Riflemen easily with their damage update in the upcoming patch!
3 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM

Useless thread,you should try to show replays or give better(valid) reasons why you think that way.
Saying that obers can get beaten by certain units is not really...convincing.

Better show some self reflection,this forum has seen a lot of guys like you,most of them are permabanned now.
3 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM
Patrion 15

I've removed the off-topic posts - there was nothing wrong with them but if OP wants to keep the discussion on topic then removing them will help. :-)
3 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM

OKW tech pacing haven't changed except for the first truck.

Yep, but building a puma/luchs is much more tempting now and hence players are fooled to delay their T4 voluntarily.

You could get obers between 8 and 10 minute before, you can do it now.
If the game is about to end by that time for you, you have greater issue here.

More like 10-13, when the opposing player has multiple vet3 terminators with 2xUpgrades. And by it is over, I mean obers would be irrelevant by then, just like the old Luchs.

And LOL about your volks argument, they can win vs approaching ...

Kinda true, but the outcome is highly RNG-Dependant in this case. Cons always beat volks. No questions asked. And if you use IS the way they are meant to be, you wouldn't lose a single model(most likely).

Saying that obers can get beaten by certain units is not really...convincing.

That was one of the points, feel free to discuss the rest. And yes in most situations they lose, unless you upgrade them.

@Kobunite: Thanks man.
3 Dec 2015, 14:24 PM

@OP if you would try the cheat mod, doing vacuum situations between volks & cons you'd notice the food chain has changed. Obers come exactly at the same moment as before and you could argue their lmg became cheaper with the munitions buff.

Many people suggested removing the schreck and give an AI upgrade instead(myself included), but its safe to say relic doesn't want that as they had the chance to do that with today's patch.
3 Dec 2015, 14:28 PM

I wouldn't hurry so much to say that they are overpriced. Not until testing real combat situations after patch is implemented. Let's not forget that now volks squad is 5 models strong and afterpatch will be quite good at AI chapter.
3 Dec 2015, 14:29 PM

Already discussed the T4 timing. Stock obers should perform more decently. PzB seem to be the best choice and I wouldn't be surprised if relic swapped it with shrecks.
3 Dec 2015, 14:32 PM

According to my experiences using the balance preview patch, OKW T4 arrives more or less at the same time as before, and quite a while before enemies have vet3 units on the field.

Obers have been made more useful through increased availability of munitions, I spammed their nades regularly in the preview patch. They're really decent now, it may take a while until most OKW players will notice that.
3 Dec 2015, 14:32 PM

Volks and Obers are completely fine in the new upcoming patch. Obers are surely not overpriced with the "cheaper" LMG34
3 Dec 2015, 14:46 PM

Already discussed the T4 timing. Stock obers should perform more decently. PzB seem to be the best choice and I wouldn't be surprised if relic swapped it with shrecks.

You are NOT supposed to keep them stock at all.
The LMG was taken away from them so relic won't have to put 500mp price tag on them for their performance.

They are already underpriced with no resource penalty and 16DPS LMG for 60 muni while allies get 6-8dps for bigger cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 22
Poland 15
United States 10
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L