Login

russian armor

[December] Volks and Obers are Overpriced

3 Dec 2015, 23:23 PM

I have no problem with the pricing, in fact, I find I always float manpower as OKW (no caches)
4 Dec 2015, 01:54 AM

Tried the new patch in multiple 1v1 matches. Volks seem to be in an acceptable spot now, don't understand the reasoning for being more expensive than grens and Cons though. Obers however are not needed, as they are locked behind an expensive tier. Furthermore T4 is delayed even more due to the temptation of 2xPuma + Luchs.

RIP BGHQ+FlakHQ lockdown meta.
4 Dec 2015, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 23:00 PMKuprix
Since we are here and I find making new topic irrelevant, could someone tell me when to buy lmg and when to buy stg44 (from specops doc) when it comes to upgrading Obers?

Use LMG if you prefer to sit back at long range, use STG if you want a rifle squad on steroid.
Anybody know if vet 4 Obers with STG can suppress inf?
4 Dec 2015, 03:30 AM

i think both are reasonably priced.
4 Dec 2015, 04:25 AM

throws peanuts at sorryWTFisthis
4 Dec 2015, 06:53 AM

Use LMG if you prefer to sit back at long range, use STG if you want a rifle squad on steroid.
Anybody know if vet 4 Obers with STG can suppress inf?

I've had 2 vet5 ober squads in 4v4 a while ago, they both had stg44 and they didn't suppress.
4 Dec 2015, 09:36 AM

Tried the new patch in multiple 1v1 matches. Volks seem to be in an acceptable spot now, don't understand the reasoning for being more expensive than grens and Cons though.

Oh, I don't know, it might have something to do with volks being stronger then cons and grens. :snfBarton:
4 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

OK. After playing more a and more live 1v1s, I think volk are in a perfect spot now. As for obers, getting 2 of them with upgrades is more affordable now.

However I agree with Sparks, increasing the upgrade cost while reducing the MP would be a great tweak.

Balance Case Closed.
4 Dec 2015, 12:16 PM
Donator 22

Volks; easily beaten by cons and other though more expensive counterparts, no AI upgrade, no significant vet bonuses (such as %60 increased accuracy for vet3 penals) , basically no utility other than a rather fragile AT and point capturing waste of MP with rather annoying voice acting.

Obers; usually available when the match is pretty much over (with the new expensive T4), no 2x upgrades, long rebuild cost/time, weird burst rate behavior, high Vet requirements, can be beaten by:

- Cons
- IS
- RM
- Shocks
- etc

Simple 1minute DIY Soultions;

Volks; Remove the Shreck upgrade and replace it with PzB which should improve AI and tone done the AT blobability

Obers; Change their cost to 360, swap them with the ouh 251, reduce Vet Requirement, reduce rebuild cost to 32, reduce rebuild time.

They give you vet 5 without couterparts.

They give you 5 min mark Luch

10 min mark P4

12 min mark P5

(Where relic said 3 months ago we don't want 10 min vehicules anymore)

And you're still complaining ?

Gardering fanboy
4 Dec 2015, 12:32 PM

The only problem with obers are their ability to suppress at vet 4.
4 Dec 2015, 12:38 PM
Patrion 14

At this point, vet 4 and 5 should be token vet that contain very minimal buffs that are there just to 'show off' the rank of the unit.

Balancing 100% fuel along with vet 4/5 would be pretty hard. Since OKW units will be nerfed or buffed depending on how strong their veterancy is compared to the other factions now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 51
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment