Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 vs Company of Heroes (Original)

3 Dec 2015, 10:27 AM

Commander System was just way superior in vcoh. And some little things like Med bunker,allied war machine, and you needed to Decide if you cap or fight, not both.
3 Dec 2015, 10:31 AM

Maybe you should make the same poll on coh1.org to see the outcome :foreveralone: Oh wait :foreveralone: I guess i know the outcome already
3 Dec 2015, 12:11 PM

Oh wait...Coh1 pros were actual pros not some celebs or best-meta-abuser top dogs.:megusta:

I was expecting someone to say that XD
3 Dec 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

well, i voted mostly coh1

yes, coh2 has superior graphics and ui, vaulting and truesight and just feels more modern, but coh1 was (at least in the end) better balanced and the gameplay had more flow than coh2. i have to say that coh2 has improved drastically (OCF had some very nice games), but the RNG bullpudding, imbalances, DLCshit and such stuff hold coh2 back. if that gets fixed its coh2 all the way.
3 Dec 2015, 17:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There were certain aspects of vCoH I liked much better, but there were just as many problems that evened it out (sniper meta).

I wish CoH2 had taken some of these better aspects like actually having different veterancy systems for factions. Having 5 levels of veterancy on OKW is nothing compared to how unique and interesting the PanzerElite veterancy was.
3 Dec 2015, 17:22 PM
Coder Red Badge

I bet this will end well.
3 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM

I would say that Coh2 is generally better. Both games have pros and cons.

I like the flexibility of Coh2 more. You can adjust skins, decals, choose multiple commanders contrary to the three doctrines per faction of Coh1.
3 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 14

At coh2 release, coh1 was vastly superior. The infantry combat was way more nuanced and felt better.
After 2 years, coh2 is a better game. March Deployment 1 and a half years ago was the turning point, I think. That was when Relic started to fix that coh2 uninspired, rubbery gameplay. In the past year we have seen clear signs that someone waaaay up at Relic decided that to improve coh2 they should loot coh1's corpse for everything that was valuable.
And thank God for it, it's what will save coh2 from mediocrity. Everything from new commanders, target tables, and design of usf / okw/ Brits screams coh1. The recent okw cmdr is basically vCoH Wehrmacht Defensive, ffs. The kubel redesign means they want to get closer to Panzer Elite feel.

Sounds good, right? Well, no. It's 2015, and the best we can do s "it's finally better than its predecessor that came out 9 years ago". Just think if CoH2 was as revolutionary as coh1 was at the time...
3 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM

The major things COH1 overall has over 2 (although I prefer 2); are the music, All commanders available at all times to each faction, whitch them being designed around the commanders which all have lots of utility and the more faction asymmetry
3 Dec 2015, 18:50 PM

It's actually hard to say.

In a lot of ways, where CoH2 picked up where CoH1 left off, such as more streamlined reinforcing, fence vaulting, and in many respects the TruSight system are great.

However, CoH2 attempted to reinvent the wheel in a number of ways, especially where faction designs, resource/territory mechanics, bulletins, and commanders are concerned, which really seemed like steps backward.

Territory points in CoH2 are dumbed down from CoH1, which dumbs down the importance and depth of map design. The CoH1 maps in CoH2 highlight this immensely.

The commander system where CPs are automatically unlocked along a single linear choice is much less dynamic than CoH1's doctrine system, and this is even despite the multitude of commander choices and abilities.

And in the end, CoH1 is old and unsupported. It's hard to view it fairly without nostalgic glasses.

But what is interesting is that I find that both games have arrived at the same fate: Wehrmacht v Americans in CoH1 was really the only fun and balanced matchup. Soviets v Ostheer is really the only fun/balanced matchup in CoH2, (at least for me these days).

The original factions had hope of good gameplay, but once the mutant variant factions are grafted on, the ship starts sinking. But despite them, the original factions seem to hold up in their own vacuum.
3 Dec 2015, 19:35 PM

I'm enjoying reading all the feedback.:)
Keep it coming!

~Karbinder
3 Dec 2015, 20:45 PM

CoH 1 felt like it had a level playing field balance, CoH 2...not as much as i hoped it would be
3 Dec 2015, 21:38 PM

I think I might just subscribe to this thread... just in case.

So far though, you've all impressed me! No fanboy wars.

@Vuther bby plz, I got this.
3 Dec 2015, 22:01 PM

While I prefer CoH 2 myself, I feel like a lot of this is down to personal preference. But I will list the things I prefer in each.

Things I prefer in CoH 2:
-General feel of the game, as in, it feels more immersive and cinematic.
-Voice acting by far, with the sole exception of the Tommy Squad.
-UI and gameplay additions(TrueSight, Capping Circles)

I dont actually mind the Commander system, and I dont feel like there is advantage or disadvantage to the system from either games.

Things I prefer in CoH 1:
-The larger numberof openings available
-The amount of global upgrades available
4 Dec 2015, 04:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 21:38 PMSwift
I think I might just subscribe to this thread... just in case.

So far though, you've all impressed me! No fanboy wars.

@Vuther bby plz, I got this.

You see! It's much better when we all act civilized.
4 Dec 2015, 10:24 AM

I've been playing company of heroes 2 for about 5 months, and was curious about it's predecessor. I'd like to hear what people like/dislike about Coh2 & Coh1. I'd greatly appreciate if you would go into some detail about the major differences (Such as gameplay, graphics, and balance), and what the strong points are for both of them. I'll also add a poll so people can give me their opinion if they do not wish to post a reply.

Have a wonderful day! :D
~Karbinder

Nice thread :)

Until about 6 months ago I would have put CoH1 as better. It was awesome, I stopped playing all other games for about 4 years... Until recently 2 hadn't captured the magic and atmosphere or gameplay of the original.

But the recent patches have massively improved the game. There's now a clear early, mid and late game, infantry battles play a bigger role in each match and the mechanics are really superior. True sight is awesome and having the ability to reverse tanks and other small features makes it more fun.

There are some aspects of CoH1 I'd love to see moved over to 2. Small changes like voice acting and general atmosphere (levels with dark and rain and soldiers whispering). And Possibly the commander system. Though I can't be sure.

Anyway, to my mind CoH2 is now considerably better than CoH1.
4 Dec 2015, 10:25 AM

At coh2 release, coh1 was vastly superior. The infantry combat was way more nuanced and felt better.
After 2 years, coh2 is a better game. March Deployment 1 and a half years ago was the turning point, I think. That was when Relic started to fix that coh2 uninspired, rubbery gameplay. In the past year we have seen clear signs that someone waaaay up at Relic decided that to improve coh2 they should loot coh1's corpse for everything that was valuable.
And thank God for it, it's what will save coh2 from mediocrity. Everything from new commanders, target tables, and design of usf / okw/ Brits screams coh1. The recent okw cmdr is basically vCoH Wehrmacht Defensive, ffs. The kubel redesign means they want to get closer to Panzer Elite feel.

Sounds good, right? Well, no. It's 2015, and the best we can do s "it's finally better than its predecessor that came out 9 years ago". Just think if CoH2 was as revolutionary as coh1 was at the time...

Sorry for double post but huge +1 here!
6 Dec 2015, 19:28 PM

6 Dec 2015, 20:29 PM

people tend to turn a blind eye to many things that were in my opinion
far more abusive/annoying/frustrating than what i have to deal with in coh2:

-sniper spam
-bren in bren
-25pounder
-mortar pit with artydoc range
-bikes pushing you away from capping
-kettenkrad cap reset
-the moment when you managed to position your pak well to counter m8 rush and it drives awy with 1%HP
-m10 crushing
-the nebelwerfer/stuka vs howi/calli 2v2 meta
-generally the durability of artillery units

-AND my personal #1: rep bunker simcity

Not at least because of the commander system, coh2 just gives me so much tools to deal with lame gameplay: for example i can counter sniper spammers with wc51 and house campers with mortar bulletins.
7 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM

people tend to turn a blind eye to many things that were in my opinion
far more abusive/annoying/frustrating than what i have to deal with in coh2:

-sniper spam
-bren in bren
-25pounder
-mortar pit with artydoc range
-bikes pushing you away from capping
-kettenkrad cap reset
-the moment when you managed to position your pak well to counter m8 rush and it drives awy with 1%HP
-m10 crushing
-the nebelwerfer/stuka vs howi/calli 2v2 meta
-generally the durability of artillery units

-AND my personal #1: rep bunker simcity

Not at least because of the commander system, coh2 just gives me so much tools to deal with lame gameplay: for example i can counter sniper spammers with wc51 and house campers with mortar bulletins.

Don't forget Pio spam, Faghound, zombie bunker too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★