Login

russian armor

Shouldn't UKF have AT snare?

30 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

The game next patch will be different with OKW having access to early strong light vehicles, and no fuel penalty.

UKF's sniper's critical shot was initially the only snare ability of UKF army (beside from the doctrinal tank hunter IS), but that is removed in the next patch

And I'm sure we all agree snare is such a crucial ability, all armies must have (and they all have except UKF) (and OKW has access to the strongest infantry AT weapon of the game, beside from access to snare from 2 very common commanders).

Honestly, I can't see good prospective for the balance next patch with OKW having access to such strong light vehicles (with no fuel penalty) and Piats being so hopeless, considering it's not rocket (like bazooka or shreck)

I think it will be fair if UKF army has access to snare like all other armies as a very basic ability

30 Nov 2015, 08:47 AM

I've played about 10+ custom games in the new patch as UKF vs my friends, mostly 2v2.

The snare is a MASSIVE problem against not just OKW but more Ostheer as they can pump out 15 fuel 222's like nothing. You are FORCED to go AEC in the new patch as UKF or literally get smashed by light vehicles with no counter apart from an AT gun that lets be honest, isn't a great counter without a snare. Piat's again are a total no go since they are not reliable in anyway, your basically rolling a dice with UKF in the new patch that you can manage to catch the light vehicles on a mine or off guard.. its fucking pathetic design from Relic once again.

Basically you have to spend 75 fuel to protect you from 15 fuel 222 spam, I am going to be playing OKW/Ostheer only with my 2v2 partner next patch to get our rank high as fuck because its back to ez mode in 2's.
30 Nov 2015, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:47 AMpugzii
I've played about 10+ custom games in the new patch as UKF vs my friends, mostly 2v2.

The snare is a MASSIVE problem against not just OKW but more Ostheer as they can pump out 15 fuel 222's like nothing. You are FORCED to go AEC in the new patch as UKF or literally get smashed by light vehicles with no counter apart from an AT gun that lets be honest, isn't a great counter without a snare.

Basically you have to spend 75 fuel to protect you from 15 fuel 222 spam, I am going to be playing OKW/Ostheer only with my 2v2 partner next patch to get our rank high as fuck because its back to ez mode in 2's.

And on top of that, AEC will be hardcountered the moment it hits the field, because of PaK/shreck early availability.

And yet again, lack of reliable infantry snare is apparent, you're basically forced into special weapons regiment to fight lights currently.
30 Nov 2015, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:47 AMpugzii

The snare is a MASSIVE problem against not just OKW but more Ostheer as they can pump out 15 fuel 222's like nothing. You are FORCED to go AEC in the new patch as UKF or literally get smashed by light vehicles with no counter apart from an AT gun that lets be honest, isn't a great counter without a snare.

That's right, but even AEC is a vehicle and is different to AT gun or snare, which is in contrast with the idea of combined arms.

what if UKF's AT gun gets flanked at some stage, early? does that mean a half health luchs or Ost flame ht should be able to destroy UKF's whole army, because they don't have access to snare unlike all other armies that such a thing can not happen to theirs?!!!
30 Nov 2015, 09:16 AM
Donator 11

I feel its not the problem of snare but piats being awful. OKW deals pretty well with light vehicles using shrecks with no snare at all, if 2 piats were as good as one shreck it would be enough to stop harrasment. Sadly they are not effective against anything other than flakht. Everything is effective against flakht.
30 Nov 2015, 09:17 AM

Can only say 1 thing and that is YES. They should get a AT snare, because mostly of the time you can just push through their ranks without thinking about it, because of the no snare ability. It's plain stupid. Just give them their AT nades. Stupid to have the AT nade behind a doctrine...
30 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

+1
30 Nov 2015, 09:47 AM

Yeah, early game vehicles shouldn't have that much shock power, +1.
30 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:51 AMKatitof

And on top of that, AEC will be hardcountered the moment it hits the field, because of PaK/shreck early availability.

And yet again, lack of reliable infantry snare is apparent, you're basically forced into special weapons regiment to fight lights currently.

I literally had to laugh out loud, the irony is strong in this one.
30 Nov 2015, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:43 AMAladdin

UKF's sniper's critical shot was initially the only snare ability of UKF army (beside from the doctrinal tank hunter IS), but that is removed in the next patch

lets try to put things in perspective:

Sniper
We are adjusting the British Sniper’s veterancy ability and weapon to allow more counter play with light recon vehicles.

Coordinated Fire veterancy requirements removed
Critical Shot now requires veterancy 1
Removed chance to damage engine on penetration

The snare is not removed it is simply requires vet 1 same as the riflemen...A Sniper that can damage expensive vehicle can reach Vet quite fast.

There are also mines, ATG, AEC, Bofors and AT Infantry sections.

Imo having a unit that can bleed infantry and counter light vehicles of the bat was wrong and the change makes sense.

In the end of the way if OKW have strong light vehicles that is an OKW issue and not a sniper issue.
30 Nov 2015, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:59 AMMyself
The snare is not removed it is simply requires vet 1 same as the riflemen...A Sniper that can damage expensive vehicle can reach Vet quite fast.

Imo having a unit that can bleed infantry and counter light vehicles of the bat was wrong and the change makes sense. If OKW had strong light vehicles that is an OKW issue and not a sniper issue.

Did you just apply Ostheer logic to British?
30 Nov 2015, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:59 AMMyself

lets try to put thing in perspective:

Sniper
We are adjusting the British Sniper’s veterancy ability and weapon to allow more counter play with light recon vehicles.

Coordinated Fire veterancy requirements removed
Critical Shot now requires veterancy 1
Removed chance to damage engine on penetration

Imo having a unit that can bleed infantry and counter light vehicles of the bat was wrong and the change makes sense. If OKW had strong light vehicles that is an OKW issue and not a sniper issue.

Plz man l2read the last line u copy pasted

"Removed chance to damage engine on penetration"

Please go and check the mod and read the patch notes correctly before commenting bullshit
30 Nov 2015, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:54 AMcr4wler

I literally had to laugh out loud, the irony is strong in this one.

I like your well placed counter argument backed up by unit timings and army capabilities.

Why aren't you strategist on .org or balance lead at relic again?

Ah, thats right, because you're good only at inaccurate remarks and low level trolling.
30 Nov 2015, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:15 AMAladdin

Please go and check the mod and read the patch notes correctly before commenting bullshit

Why don't you test the mode before commenting on it?

Sniper still can damage engine with the "Critical Shot" on light vehicles, he can not, with auto fire...
Again a change that make sense since he would penetrate most light vehicle and causing engine damage without even using critical shot was over the top.
30 Nov 2015, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:15 AMAladdin

Or, you know you could stop being totally one sided, demanding nerfs to axis and buffs to allies, despite winrates clearly indicating that the balance is currently in the allies favor (and has been for all of the last patches). Every patch you cry that the brits will be unplayable, every patch proves you wrong. Maybe if you start being reasonable people will start taking you seriously again.
But posts like this just make you seem crazy.
30 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

Did you just apply Ostheer logic to British?

I don't know what Ostheer logic is. I simply apply logic...
30 Nov 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:24 AMMyself

Why don't you test the mode before commenting on it?

Sniper still can damage engine with the "Critical Shot" he can not with auto fire...

U call that snare?!!
30 Nov 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:22 AMKatitof

I like your well placed counter argument backed up by unit timings and army capabilities.

Why aren't you strategist on .org or balance lead at relic again?

Ah, thats right, because you're good only at inaccurate remarks and low level trolling.

Sure brah... pak is counter to aec, but 6pdr doesnt counter 222... or sniper doesnt counter it as well. Or small arms. (Not even mentioning piats)

Totally not ironic that you quote a post that says 6pdr doesnt counter the 222 only to say that pak counters aec...
30 Nov 2015, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:30 AMAladdin

U call that snare?!!

/thread
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak