Login

russian armor

Shouldn't UKF have AT snare?

30 Nov 2015, 20:29 PM

People should learn to play around faction weaknesses instead of asking for mirroring, there are tools given by relic, people should try to learn how to use them. If they turn out inefficient, adjustments have to be made - however for that the patch has to be released first.

Meanwhile, OKW needs non-doctrinal suppression. :foreveralone:
30 Nov 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 15

Now - keep this on topic. If I have to clean up another off topic, flaming mess on this thread it's getting closed.

That's enough bickering for today.
30 Nov 2015, 20:41 PM

Buff UKF sniper to pre nerf levels, swap Sniper and AEC.

30 Nov 2015, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:22 AMKatitof

Why aren't you strategist on .org

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 10:22 AMKatitof

Ah, thats right, because you're good only at inaccurate remarks and low level trolling.

:foreveralone:
30 Nov 2015, 21:01 PM

Why is the AEC/Bofors choice a thing? Would having both of them at the same time be too OP somehow? If it's such a big thing just make the AEC and Bofors cost a bit more instead of locking them behind upgrades as an attempt to make the faction seem deeper than it is.

If Relic is so obsessed with the Hammer/Anvil gimmick then why didn't they go all the way and make the Mortar Pit and 17 Pounder choices you can make over the Sexton and Firefly too?
Halftrack or Forward HQ could have been an Offensive/Defensive choice too, instead of locking things into extra micro-transaction commanders.

More on topic maybe they should add the HEAT grenade into the Mills bomb package so people might buy the damn thing for once.
30 Nov 2015, 21:04 PM

Meanwhile, OKW needs non-doctrinal suppression. :foreveralone:

They won't get one, so time to adapt and learn to play around. If its not possible, adjustments have to be made, but it's the same case with UKF snare.
30 Nov 2015, 21:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 20:17 PMAladdin

First of all, I know and I was not disagreeing with AchAtcher either

Second of all, OKW has snare in two very common doctrines

Third of all, go back read first post of this thread, Shreck is not snare, but what is snare? snare is a tool to deal with armor rush or to deter the early armor push, which Shreck provides u with THE BEST infantry based AT weapon of the game (without need to upgrade, and can be purchased even in non-friendly territory) so Actually OKW has the best of all army.

Fourth of all, it seems that u have almost never played Brits or against OKW at all, so not gonna bother discussing that with u

Its true that ukf will struggle against light vehicles a lot next patch. This is due to having all their AT abilities locked in T2, even freakin' mines. But I dont thing snare is the solution. We already have 3 factions and 3 doctrines with snare. They should deal with early armor the way okw does, maybe moving a mine to IS would solve some problems? Or making boys a non doctrinal upgrade, while the doctrine would give only the snare? Or both? What do you think guys?
30 Nov 2015, 23:03 PM

Boys as a non-doctrinal upgrade would be lovely but Relic seems to dislike giving us AT rifles as non-doctrinal weapons on mainline infantry. I'm hesitant about revamping the PIAT, though. I think a snare is the best option for the UKF, you can even give them the ridiculously shitty Riflemen rifle grenade animation for it and I wouldn't care.
30 Nov 2015, 23:07 PM

Why is the AEC/Bofors choice a thing? Would having both of them at the same time be too OP somehow? If it's such a big thing just make the AEC and Bofors cost a bit more instead of locking them behind upgrades as an attempt to make the faction seem deeper than it is.

I don't know, I find it stupid too. When you build a bofors and a AEC you gonna delay your tech so hard that your rather cut your own flesh by doing so!
1 Dec 2015, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

Why dont we just give them the at nade as an upgrade with the nade package?
increase its MP cost or add a slight 5 fuel extra cost (making it 20 fuel)

I like the sniper being able to snare but at the same time it makes the idea of a 222 being a counter not viable. On the other hand Brits lack a srys snare unless they go AT Rifle section.

Someone tell relic
1 Dec 2015, 00:18 AM

Why dont we just give them the at nade as an upgrade with the nade package?
increase its MP cost or add a slight 5 fuel extra cost (making it 20 fuel)

I like the sniper being able to snare but at the same time it makes the idea of a 222 being a counter not viable. On the other hand Brits lack a srys snare unless they go AT Rifle section.

Someone tell relic

My honest opinion is that Snares on mainline infantry as UKF would make Piats OP as fuck.
1 Dec 2015, 00:22 AM
Donator 11

My honest opinion is that Snares on mainline infantry as UKF would make Piats OP as fuck.

Well you either give them a snare or you buff Piats to not be so inaccurate. This issue is a relic design issue.
Whats the damage of the PIAT vs SHRK vs Zook?

Honestly if we dont give them a snare the sniper may as well be good as dead as getting him to vet 1 and keeping him alive may almost be impossible. The counter sniper 222 would be able to push the sniper and with out a proper snare im afraid that the 222 meta in 1v1's would revert the game back to the game post launch on like patch 3 before the 222 was nerfed into oblivion.

Regardless we dont decide the direction of the game, relic does so why even bother arguing

1 Dec 2015, 00:42 AM

Snare is still on the vet 1 crit shot ability.

Stop forum warrioring and play the balance mod.
1 Dec 2015, 01:00 AM

Well you either give them a snare or you buff Piats to not be so inaccurate. This issue is a relic design issue.
Whats the damage of the PIAT vs SHRK vs Zook?

They do 120 dmg, just as much as a Schreck. A zook does 80 damage.
The problem however is not the damage, it's the fact that PIATs do deflection damage of 80. That means your PIATs don't need to penetrate in order to do damage.

That means all you need to do in order to take out heavy tanks with high Armour is to snare them and blob enough PIATs, the tank will eventually get destroyed after a few seconds, since a PIAT shot will always do damage. And Piats are cheap as fuck with 40 ammo cost.
1 Dec 2015, 21:12 PM

They do 120 dmg, just as much as a Schreck. A zook does 80 damage.
The problem however is not the damage, it's the fact that PIATs do deflection damage of 80. That means your PIATs don't need to penetrate in order to do damage.

That means all you need to do in order to take out heavy tanks with high Armour is to snare them and blob enough PIATs, the tank will eventually get destroyed after a few seconds, since a PIAT shot will always do damage. And Piats are cheap as fuck with 40 ammo cost.

Don't u think the same exact thing actually happens now with grens snare and pgs shrecks?!! there is only a difference that allies tanks have less armor and hp and go down faster to the mighty laser guided shrecks which never miss

Protip: keep ur armor away from infantry snare units, when snare can bring it to lower than 75 hp %! ur problem solved and ur heavy tank won't go down! :)
1 Dec 2015, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 20:17 PMAladdin

First of all, I know and I was not disagreeing with AchAtcher either

Second of all, OKW has snare in two very common doctrines

Third of all, go back read first post of this thread, Shreck is not snare, but what is snare? snare is a tool to deal with armor rush or to deter the early armor push, which Shreck provides u with THE BEST infantry based AT weapon of the game (without need to upgrade, and can be purchased even in non-friendly territory) so Actually OKW has the best of all army.

Fourth of all, it seems that u have almost never played Brits or against OKW at all, so not gonna bother discussing that with u

You're right, I should play some Brits against OKW. I definitely lack insight from that perspective. But please keep discussing it. I think it can be useful for both of us.

I think snare is something that causes engine damage. I agree with you that the shrek is an effective infantry AT weapon though so perhaps OKW doesn't need one as much as Brits. But still, you must have seen the effect a rushed light vehicle has against OKW. Can be so damn hard to stop it Wiping on retreat.
1 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

You're right, I should play some Brits against OKW. I definitely lack insight from that perspective. But please keep discussing it. I think it can be useful for both of us.

I think snare is something that causes engine damage. I agree with you that the shrek is an effective infantry AT weapon though so perhaps OKW doesn't need one as much as Brits. But still, you must have seen the effect a rushed light vehicle has against OKW. Can be so damn hard to stop it Wiping on retreat.

u're right, but what light vehicle can have such an effect on OKW?! mainly soviet's or USF's right? by the time soviet's t70/m5 hits (7-9 mins) or the USF's m20 (5 min) or AA truch or Stuart (7-8mins), don't u think OKW player can easily equip enough shrecks (and easily afford a rocketen at t0) to deal with them at ease not to be crashed by the light vehicle?!!! and if not it's the mistake by OKW player

but on the other hand when an army u play against doesn't have snare or such ur vehicle can rush into their face as long as u know the one AT gun is decrewed and own the whole army with something like a half health luchs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★