Login

russian armor

Struggling against USF in 1v1

29 Nov 2015, 18:43 PM

Hi all,

So i"m consistently struggling against USF in 1v1. I win against the other factions, just USF thats the issue. Its really taking the fun out of the game.

Particular issues:

1) Flame rifle blobs + WP callins

2) Pack howitzer

3) 7 min. stuart

4) Mid game vet3 rifles (if I get that far)

Any advice? I'll be posting my replays in this thread, as I've decided to compile them.

EDIT: More details:

particularly struggle on these maps;

1) La Glieze

2) Semoisky

3) Angoville
29 Nov 2015, 18:52 PM

this may seem unorthodox but it's the only way to beat usf right now.. You DDoS him ;)
29 Nov 2015, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 18:52 PMCafo
this may seem unorthodox but it's the only way to beat usf right now.. You DDoS him ;)

Ethics aside, I don't know the first thing about DDoS apart from the meaning of the abbreviation.
29 Nov 2015, 18:55 PM

The pack is the only game braking issue and there are no early midgame strats to counter it. Al the other points; L2P.

1- Use your T1, the best T1 in game.
3. Pak,teller
4. Read #1
29 Nov 2015, 18:58 PM

The pack is the only game braking issue and there are no early midgame strats to counter it. Al the other points; L2P.

3. Pak,teller
4. Read #1

USF rifle flamer blobs are broken, thus why they are getting reworked completely, nothing l2p about it. Don't spread lies here friend.
29 Nov 2015, 18:59 PM

3. Pak,teller
4. Read #1

'L2P' isn't helpful man. Especially in the strategy section. You have anything more specific i'll be glad to listen to it.

As for T1: Sure, but you and I both know that T2 has to be teched up to ASAP. And Pak needs to be bought.

Which is what I do.

Which tends to leave me struggling in the AI department. Not like I get a free AT squad by teching to T2.
29 Nov 2015, 19:24 PM

Have edited OP with map details too. Any links to good streams and such? I don't get youtube here but twitch works
29 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 18:59 PMJunaid

'L2P' isn't helpful man. Especially in the strategy section. You have anything more specific i'll be glad to listen to it.

As for T1: Sure, but you and I both know that T2 has to be teched up to ASAP. And Pak needs to be bought.

Which is what I do.

Which tends to leave me struggling in the AI department. Not like I get a free AT squad by teching to T2.

Thinking that you have to tech T2 ASAP is the curse of many players. You don't. Staying in t1 as long as possible is a way to go for at least half a year now. That, with t0, is exactly where you have best counters to usf:
1. Sniper - the worst disadvantage of usf is that they have hard time countering this bastard. It also prevents your opponent from going captain tier as his only chance to win once you make that unit is trying to hunt it with m20. If you keep him bleeding without overextention you are on the path to victory.
2. MG-42 - similar to the sniper, also even one mg squad on the field often forces usf to tech nades delying vehicles and giving you chance to stay in lovly T1 tier longer. When helped with faust it can kill light vehicles in seconds thanks to vet1 ability.
3. Pios - good usage of mines win games, tellers protect you from early stuart, flak ht and m20 while creative usage of s-mines can easily wipe squads on retreat and protect snipers and mgs flanks. Early game they also make up for great building clerance unit with flamer. Later on, when your tanks arrive, you should build second squad for sweeper, capping and repair utiliy.
4. Grens - they are not as good as rifles early game but when moved in pairs they do their job, they also protect your sniper and mg from light vehicles and help capping. Later on when muni stops being a problem you give them lmgs so that they can compete with rifles. Never move your sniper forward without gren cover, he may not come back alive.

As you can see you dont need T2 before medium tanks arrive. Pak isnt even that good against fast and mobile light vehicles as it has to reposition all the time, pgrens are usefull but hard to use correctly, 222 dies quickly and looses to every well microed usf light vehicle. HT is cool to have but also easy to loose and not worth teching just to get it. Also mind that teching t2 too early takes lots of your mp that is crucial in early game to dominate the map. The more mp you have early on the more territory you will have and deny to opponent and the faster you can get to tanks or callins. At the same time opponent will struggle to get his vehicles.

As for the maps, LaGleize and Semoisky are first to veto as ostheer in 1v1.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot about ostruppen, use some of them instead of grens early on to gain territory more quickly if you have the doctrine. They have less problems against riflemen than vanilla grens. Later on they can be used to recrew paks and mgs for fraction of the price. Mind that you shoud never go for ostruppen -> T2 in latest patches. T1 is only 80mp and it has your most important tool: the sniper. It also gives you ability to transition into grens once muni starts to flow in.
29 Nov 2015, 20:24 PM

Flamer blobs getting removed.
Pak and teller spam for stuart.
Pak howitzer =no answer

Vet 3 rifles with lmg =no answer.Pzgrens plus mg42 only hope,but not good enough generally.Grenadiers are just fodder.
29 Nov 2015, 20:27 PM

Sniper, screen with Grens. Get 222, win.

This only works on Langres, Ango, and Faymonville.
29 Nov 2015, 21:58 PM

I was literally about to make this thread, some good tips here thanks guys.

I also want to add what my general strategy was so maybe you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong. I've already seen a few things I was doing badly;

Generally I start by building T1 and an MG, I send Pio to cap nearest fuel and wire where appropriate nearby.

I send the MG and first Gren squad to cap the opponent's fuel or push him/harass him.

From there I would usually build a second gren squad and/or MG. I always used to tech up to T2 as fast as possible, which I realise was my mistake now.

I used to basically get bullied off the map by riflemen, grens lose 1v1 and even using MGs wasn't working since opponent would send big groups of riflemen or just let one get suppressed and take his time flanking or smoking with the other.

By the time I got a flame HT out or 222 he would have AT Nades and possible a Stuart and they would die fast.

I'm thinking next time I'm just going to stick to T1 for much longer and pick one fuel point and protect it, only harassing with smaller units instead of vica versa. I think I was trying to play too aggressively.

Doctrine choice might also be an issue, I have been using Mechanised Doctrine (LMG42 HT, Smoke Pots, Spotting Scope, PIV Commander, Howitzer) and Jaeger Infantry Doctrine (Camo, G43, Tactical Movement, Light Arty and Frag bomb) recently.

I love spotting scope+Scout car combo, but it seems like the scout car gets killed really fast.

Jaeger Infantry has camo on MGs which I love love love, but G43s come out far too late. It might be more fun playing with that one when they move G43 to 1CP.
29 Nov 2015, 22:19 PM

Try double snipers + osttruppen. Should work
30 Nov 2015, 09:25 AM

Thanks so much for your tips. Yes I always rushed pak asap because of the fear of early stuart/AAHT and that always made it a struggle to hold map/fight. I will try out what you have suggested, and see how it goes. A bit concerned about relying on tellers for AT though, but will try.

Also, some further questions if I may:

1) Any specifics on teller placement, particularly specific to maps?

2) Any good replays on twitch with this strat? I'd like to watch some of the others do it so I can see the usual counterplays and plays, make me more comfortable in transitioning.

3) What's best first? Teller or healing bunker?

4) Would an early munitions cache work with this strat?
30 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 21:58 PMMadeMan
I was literally about to make this thread, some good tips here thanks guys.

I also want to add what my general strategy was so maybe you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong. I've already seen a few things I was doing badly;

Generally I start by building T1 and an MG, I send Pio to cap nearest fuel and wire where appropriate nearby.

I send the MG and first Gren squad to cap the opponent's fuel or push him/harass him.

With ostheer you should be defensive. Ostheer is balls at attacking, especially in the early game.
30 Nov 2015, 09:28 AM

Ostruppen! Prostruppen! I DON'T HAVE OSTRUPPEN!

Now I'm feeling left out. Everyone else has Prostruppen

EDIT: Y'know, I'm really starting to wonder what the Ost winrate would be like without ostruppen.

Had a peek at the Allied strategy forums. Everyone is talking about either okw or ostruppen. As in ostruppen is the only major thing ost has going for it. Admittedly this what a very superficial skim shows, by no means did I plumb the threads.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather desperately not be reduced to having to pick a specific commander to survive/win. Ostheer has always been the best 'core' faction.
30 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:25 AMJunaid

Thanks so much for your tips. Yes I always rushed pak asap because of the fear of early stuart/AAHT and that always made it a struggle to hold map/fight. I will try out what you have suggested, and see how it goes. A bit concerned about relying on tellers for AT though, but will try.

Also, some further questions if I may:

1) Any specifics on teller placement, particularly specific to maps?

2) Any good replays on twitch with this strat? I'd like to watch some of the others do it so I can see the usual counterplays and plays, make me more comfortable in transitioning.

3) What's best first? Teller or healing bunker?

4) Would an early munitions cache work with this strat?

Mines well depending on the mine and what you want to hit you start getting a feel where to play them you cant just place them anywhere, place them in areas where vehicles go through alot, on flanks and bait able spots example a Stuart chasing a 222 you can use the 222 to bait him onto the tellar really its just the roads most used you place it on and as soon as he hits a mine he will be scared to do anything without a sweeper so you got the fear factor
30 Nov 2015, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:38 AMmedhood

Mines well depending on the mine and what you want to hit you start getting a feel where to play them you cant just place them anywhere, place them in areas where vehicles go through alot, on flanks and bait able spots example a Stuart chasing a 222 you can use the 222 to bait him onto the tellar really its just the roads most used you place it on and as soon as he hits a mine he will be scared to do anything without a sweeper so you got the fear factor

I meant any examples with pictures/screenies? I know the general principles of mine placement, but some spots are always much sweeter, like behind a corner. I'd like to see if my own estimation of good spots is lacking or good which is why pics would help.

Edit: Also, ty for taking the time to post that, appreciate it nonetheless.
30 Nov 2015, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:41 AMJunaid

I meant any examples with pictures/screenies? I know the general principles of mine placement, but some spots are always much sweeter, like behind a corner. I'd like to see if my own estimation of good spots is lacking or good which is why pics would help.

Edit: Also, ty for taking the time to post that, appreciate it nonetheless.

http://www.coh2.org/guides/44036/angoville-perspective#2215
You might find other guides but I dont think anyone made a guide about mines for every map but trust me mine placement comes with experience as you will learn to place mines better and can sense where they may be
of course on most maps roads are really good for placing mines
30 Nov 2015, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 09:49 AMmedhood

http://www.coh2.org/guides/44036/angoville-perspective#2215
You might find other guides but I dont think anyone made a guide about mines for every map but trust me mine placement comes with experience as you will learn to place mines better and can sense where they may be
of course on most maps roads are really good for placing mines

Ok, ty.
30 Nov 2015, 09:52 AM

Also, another question: Should I go for a fresh pio and keep the existing one 'on the line' when teching for T2. Asking specifically in the USF 1v1 context.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★