Login

russian armor

Struggling against USF in 1v1

3 Dec 2015, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 07:53 AMJunaid

I can report atleast one success against USF by following the 'don't rush T2' strategy, though I feel the opponent was a bit lacking in this match.

Ty mate!

Sorry for abandoning the thread for a while, I just didnt have time for coh2 or .org :( . I will answer all your questions asap.
1) Any specifics on teller placement, particularly specific to maps?

I recommend all jesulin map guides just like sb already said in this thread. Also remember its best to place mines on places that are hard to miss like roads and tight passages, for example the ones near both muni points on kharkow. You can also place mines in other places that are less predictable but you need to bait enemy vehicles into them with lone infantry squads. Mind that agains usf its best to put mines as forward as possible (like roads from base on crossing in the woods) as opponent wont usually suspect that and most usf vehicles are killed with single teller so you dont need a follow up.

2) Any good replays on twitch with this strat? I'd like to watch some of the others do it so I can see the usual counterplays and plays, make me more comfortable in transitioning.

I would recommend looking for it in most recent tournaments, there must be sth. I don't have my own recent replay sadly as I couln't spare time for playing.

3) What's best first? Teller or healing bunker?

General rule is that you build a bunker when you need it, that means you have a squad with 4 models but about half hp. Such squad shouldn't engage but it also shouldn't stay in base, meaning you need a bunker then. Before that 150mp is usually better spent on new squads but it doesnt mean you should build bunker late, just that unless one of your squads is really wounded it shouldnt be the first muni purchase.

As for the tellers: you build them when your opponents lets you do this. It should be planned so that he never spots you making a mine - if he spots you then he is not only aware of mines but also of their general distance to his base. That means it may sometimes get really hard to place good mine and if you have possibility to do so you should always try, this may save you the game.

4) Would an early munitions cache work with this strat?

In my opinion it wont. Sacrifising as much as 200 of early mp is too much, you probably wont be able to hold enough territory. Its genereally better early on to have as big army as possible to take more resource points, that way you have both army and resources. With cache you may end up with less resources if opponent uses that and pushes you back. If the map was split in half and chokepoint oriented it would work but right now there are no maps like that in coh2 1v1 automatch.

I will watch your replay and give you feedback in this thread later :), but before the patch ofc :)

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 21:41 PMwouren

This is only true if the other player techs captain. If they tech Lt. You need to tech t2 immediately. Also never say l2p to someone asking something on the strategy forums :).

In case of discovering that opponent is playing into spamming light vehicles I also advise going t2. Ofc as soon as you realise that, immidately, but immidately after discovering that not earlier. Also I don't feel I said l2p there. I did? Then I'm sorry but I didn't mean that. I wrote quite a long advice post for the OP and looks like he is grateful for it.
3 Dec 2015, 17:08 PM

Ty once again. And it wasn't you who said l2p it was someone else on page 1
3 Dec 2015, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 17:08 PMJunaid

Wipes, wipes were unnecessery and easy to avoid. The sniper play also needs some more practice, biggest advantage of ost sniper is how fast it cloaks, but it can cloak only in cover, you need to remember to shoot from cover. It also can make his life longer. Sometimes hiding a sniper on hold fire is better idea than retreating, most vehicles cant spot him and retreat is always a gamble if light vehicles are on the field. I also repeat that sniper needs grenadier cover to retreat safely, you had grens, but never where the sniper was. It also makes it harder to rush him. You were quite lucky he made it alive to vet3. This guy was quite ok, his biggest problem was that he build ambulance way too late. Oh and he had no minesweeper and was driving his vehicles all over the place, where were the tellers? :P
3 Dec 2015, 18:01 PM

Wipes, wipes were unnecessery and easy to avoid. The sniper play also needs some more practice, biggest advantage of ost sniper is how fast it cloaks, but it can cloak only in cover, you need to remember to shoot from cover. It also can make his life longer. Sometimes hiding a sniper on hold fire is better idea than retreating, most vehicles cant spot him and retreat is always a gamble if light vehicles are on the field. I also repeat that sniper needs grenadier cover to retreat safely, you had grens, but never where the sniper was. It also makes it harder to rush him. You were quite lucky he made it alive to vet3. This guy was quite ok, his biggest problem was that he build ambulance way too late. Oh and he had no minesweeper and was driving his vehicles all over the place, where were the tellers? :P

Ty. Agree about the sniper play. Tellers, I think my pios were too busy most of the time.

Review this one?

Just felt completely overwhelmed. How could I have overcome the onslaught?
3 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 17:08 PMJunaid

In case of discovering that opponent is playing into spamming light vehicles I also advise going t2. Ofc as soon as you realise that, immidately, but immidately after discovering that not earlier. Also I don't feel I said l2p there. I did? Then I'm sorry but I didn't mean that. I wrote quite a long advice post for the OP and looks like he is grateful for it.

OK cool (:
3 Dec 2015, 19:30 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 18:01 PMJunaid

Ty. Agree about the sniper play. Tellers, I think my pios were too busy most of the time.

Review this one?

Just felt completely overwhelmed. How could I have overcome the onslaught?

First of all on this map at the beginning you should send your pios to the muni first and wire off the additional path. Then you capture the muni with them and go back to mid vp to wire off the wreck of p4. I would send the mg north too, while pios with their extended sight wire and make sure mg is safe it can back cap the cutoff and fuel, then go to the north building as it is crucial to hold north muni if you are playing from western corner. That is because you have close to no possibility of holding south one unless opponent screws up.

Then I would send grenadiers into the middle to make sure opponent cant capture middle west house and vp. With support of second mg or a sniper I would try to attack his cutoff, the most vonurable place on the east. Usf should usually be agressive from minute 0 and backcap with REs. That was what you were preparing for but he did sth completely different, he captured everything with rifles giving you a lot of space and time, you shouldn't have wasted that. If your defensive line was sligtly more forward it would be on his cutoff, even if he managed to force you off it would be huge resource gain.

That is for more strategic view, as for more tactical elements rushing rifles with grens is never a good idea, even with mg cover. Moving that mg from building also wasnt a good idea, your flank went open and he could move in with another squad. The main problem is that you got outmanuvered and with only 2 rifles he managed to defeat your 2 grens with hmg42 support.

Another thing is that while this was happening you got 2nd mg idling in the back and over 300 mp of float.

Defence of mg was a bit chaotic but whats most important effective.

Then rush into cover over red cover road. Well, its always bad idea but in this particular situation, and also the one before, you should take into account that in such a small range cover is nulified and gives zero bonus, there is not rally a sense to go there especially if there is green cover wall by the building on your side of road and building itself.

I also wouldnt go for mortar just after having problems with holding the line, this is a great unit but it gives you no line holding ability. Against green cover attacks its generally better to wire off the cover, if there is no time you can ghost wire there, its better than nothing.

When the vehicle arrives you have 120 muni but no mines. In this particular situation it was better to capture mg with grens so that pios could place the mine, it was a great moment as opponent made it clear he retreats all his squads to base. Also if your mortar was a gren squad you wouldn't deal so much damage to church but you also wouldnt got flanked from south. That cost you only veteran mg, that also was your only real anti vehicle weapon.

Going sniper after seeing m20 is not a good idea if you know you have no real counter. In this case it would have been better to tech instead of building sniper.

I know it is only half of the game but the resource disadvantage and mp bleed at this point were so huge I dont think there was a possibiliy of come back after 7:30. The rest of game was better but with so much smaller army it was impossible to win.
3 Dec 2015, 20:12 PM

Green as green can be
9 Dec 2015, 03:46 AM

What i ant to know is how are u dealing with pak howitzer?
10 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

What i ant to know is how are u dealing with pak howitzer?

Its manageable now. (thank God, no suppression).

Basically it has same autofire range as mortar. Only barrage range is long. So if you hear barrage from long range just move away. For short range, try mortar + HT (beat him by attrition) or push with infantry after he retreats
15 Dec 2015, 21:06 PM

A bit of advice from a newbie who was in the same position...

Get your MG's out, find a spot on the map that is central where you can set up a good defense that is relevant to controlling the map.

After I get my MG building, I'll start on the T1 building, send Pio's off to cap, then build a Gren.

Build order is usually

MG
T1 Building
Grens
MG
Grens
Sniper
(Counter from here on out)

Sometimes I go with another Gren, sometimes I'll go with another Sniper, and others with a Mortar.

You just need to tech to AT guns relatively quickly after that because if all goes right, you'll have him on the ropes with double Snipers. Play them conservatively, use them in conjunction to punish any and all infantry assaults.

Perhaps somebody more skilled has a better idea, but this has helped me out quite a bit. Hopefully if you keep those MG's alive the Incendiary Rounds can provide some early light vehicle protection as well.

In summary, Snipers seem to be key in my strategies against USF/UKF due to their brutal infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
Peru 4
Germany 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %