Login

russian armor

Rifle company is dead?

20 Nov 2015, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:11 AMKatitof

REs got 25% price increase, so they didn't got any buff, but adjustment.

Unit got buffed regardless..
20 Nov 2015, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:47 AMJewdo

Unit got buffed regardless..

It would be buffed if it had its cost untouched.
It got cost raised, so it got adjustment, not a buff as relative cost-effectiveness of the unit is unchanged.

Believe me, these are not semantics here.
20 Nov 2015, 11:01 AM
Patrion 310

I'm kinda please flamer has moved to RE, I always felt like if you picked that commander you had to put flamers on your rifles instead of double bars (which is stupid but there you go :p)
20 Nov 2015, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:51 AMKatitof

It would be buffed if it had its cost untouched.
It got cost raised, so it got adjustment, not a buff as relative cost-effectiveness of the unit is unchanged.

Believe me, these are not semantics here.

?
20 Nov 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:09 AMJewdo
RE's also got a combat buff, besides the flamer.
It was needed to remove the flamer off of the rifles..

RE got a combat buff not unit got a buff. Seriously who gives a shit anyways, wow.
20 Nov 2015, 11:45 AM

Doesn't really affect me since all my Rifle Company games I go three REs anyway. The fact that veteran Riflemen was nerfed before anyway makes losing that ability not so important.
20 Nov 2015, 14:25 PM

The problem is that the doctrine was too strong before (having weapon that counter any building play / cover play is stupid on unit that have great DPS profile.) also getting vet for free it bad for gameplay too.

No i think its better because you can get flametrower on rear unit and so you need rifles + rets to counter 1 unit in building and also sprint is never bad
20 Nov 2015, 14:43 PM

The changes seem reasonable. If I automatch preview patch, does that get recorded on ladder rankings?
20 Nov 2015, 15:57 PM

Rifle company just won't be used anymore. All other sprint abilities dont have a debuff after except fire up. What's the logic of that unless its the same as CoH1 and you can't be surpressed, then that's a different story.
20 Nov 2015, 16:02 PM

They have flame throwers and ez8, I assure you it will still be used. Even if not the most popular pick, and or, sprint sucks.
20 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM

Fire Up! has a received accuracy debuff?
21 Nov 2015, 00:30 AM

Fire Up! is stupid and useless. I never use the sprint ability a few Wehrmacht doctrines have, and I'll never use this either. I haven't played USF in the patch preview, but I'm assuming it works in a similar way to that, yes? Correct me if I'm wrong. They should have just reworked the veteran riflemen ability to do something besides give vet rather than replace it with Fire Up!

Rear echelon flamethrowers are...okay, I guess. It certainly isn't shit, but it would never be a factor in me picking rifle company over anything else. The Easy 8 is the only reason to ever use this doctrine anymore, and the Pershing exists now, so Easy 8s are less of a wow factor than they used to be.

Usf will still do fine. Now you just have to try instead of just doing something that coincides with recruiting riflemen.

That really isn't the topic, though. You could butcher every commander for USF, and they'd still perform "fine" with their stock units but that hardly makes the game more interesting or dynamic.
21 Nov 2015, 00:34 AM

I would say rifle Company is not dead, rather brought in line from op to more balanced..
22 Nov 2015, 02:05 AM

Why they not change Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade? Any one ever use this?
22 Nov 2015, 02:34 AM

It may have been overpowered before, but now it is a design & thematical fail. There would have been more creative ways to make the more origial ideas work instead of just replacing them with more generic stuff.

Rifle Company as a doctrine had a very unique feel to it. It was recognizeable. Also by the enemy (when seeing the rifles with flamers). That is now gone. Which makes it a less interesting design now.
Sure, on Rear Echelons, flamers can also have the effect of being recognizeable to some degree. But then again the name of the Company (Rifle Company) seems off.

Say what you want, the balance may be better now (I don't know, others shall judge that), but the design is a lot less interesting and less creative from my point of view.

I just would've liked it if they had at least tried to make some of the more unique, interesting ideas work. Like, why not have Veteran Riflemen trained from the HQ instead of spawning from offmap instantly (like it used to be in an ealier build)? Why not give Rifle flamers a higher chance to explode again? I don't know, I feel like they gave up to easily just to quickly appease the crowd. But on the long run, these rushed changes to the commander do not seem to benefit the design of the game from my point of view. Same goes for the industry ability: If it's intervention with the income is so negative for gameplay, why not have another creative effect on the ability while actually keeping the unique voicelines and icon of the ability instead of replacing it with an existing ability (Supply drop) which is rahter lame.
22 Nov 2015, 04:47 AM

I still think they should make 'Flamethrower Team' it's own call-in unit. Say 4 men, maybe Vehicle Crew M3's, 230MP. Puts them roughly on equal footing with every other Flamer except Sturmpioneers.
22 Nov 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 02:34 AMFluffi
It may have been overpowered before, but now it is a design & thematical fail. There would have been more creative ways to make the more origial ideas work instead of just replacing them with more generic stuff.

Rifle Company as a doctrine had a very unique feel to it. It was recognizeable. Also by the enemy (when seeing the rifles with flamers). That is now gone. Which makes it a less interesting design now.
Sure, on Rear Echelons, flamers can also have the effect of being recognizeable to some degree. But then again the name of the Company (Rifle Company) seems off.

Say what you want, the balance may be better now (I don't know, others shall judge that), but the design is a lot less interesting and less creative from my point of view.

I just would've liked it if they had at least tried to make some of the more unique, interesting ideas work. Like, why not have Veteran Riflemen trained from the HQ instead of spawning from offmap instantly (like it used to be in an ealier build)? Why not give Rifle flamers a higher chance to explode again? I don't know, I feel like they gave up to easily just to quickly appease the crowd. But on the long run, these rushed changes to the commander do not seem to benefit the design of the game from my point of view. Same goes for the industry ability: If it's intervention with the income is so negative for gameplay, why not have another creative effect on the ability while actually keeping the unique voicelines and icon of the ability instead of replacing it with an existing ability (Supply drop) which is rahter lame.

I agree. Most coh2 doctrines really lack themes compared to coh1. Rifle company should enhance rifle based play or at the very least add aditional abilities. One would expect rifle company to contain abilities like laying mines, building sandbags and/or hit the dirt.

Flames on rifles are problematic in the same way schrecks on volks are.

Vet callins are Op cause of how early they can be called in.

The simplest solution was to move the vet callin to 3 cp and make them flamer rifles. This way flamer blobs no longer exist yet a viable anti garrison unit remains available.

Giving re's flames will alleviate the current problem but it is likely to just give rise to re flame blobs, which whilest undoubtedly weaker isn't going to improve the playstyle of the doctrine.
22 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM

I always thought it should be flameriflemen callin for 300 MP 60 munny that will spavn normal riflemen with vet 0 and flamtrower.

It would be balanced becouse it would limit flatrowers to 1-2 units.

And what about if veretan riflen would have still zero vt but can be called in from nowhere and have unlocked AT nade (and dget nothing at vet )
22 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM

Why they not change Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade? Any one ever use this?

This and when will they fix Recon combat group + M8 Greyhound.
22 Nov 2015, 15:01 PM

I think that moving flamers to rear echelons was a good and reasonable change. It won't kill the commander, even with the loss of elite rifles. I can see that fire up might be situational lt useful, but since it's the same cost as smoke in terms of muni and I tech grenades every game, I don't see it being quite as useful... We'll have to see once the patch goes live but I think there could have been a way to keep the flavor of the commander while remaining balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★