58%
Is the rear echelon flamer useless?
Option Distribution Votes
17%
83%
Total votes: 194
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Nov 2015, 08:57 AM

I've played with the new patch preview and it seems as rifle company is now far from being good as it was.
I agree that it wasn't fair and that something had to be done, but not this.

First of all, the elite training is now replaced with an American Horra ability that makes the unit slower for 10 seconds after use. Why is is so? The Horra doesn't make conscript slower and same thing applies to the Wehrmacht ability (who's name i forgot). Why should i pay 15 munition for an ability that makes my unit go faster and than slower? In my opinion, making them go faster without the penalty would be a suitable replacement for the elite training.

Now for the flamethrower: I agree that it was abused and had to change, but right now it's just a useless ability. The rear echelon are not a combat unit. They die to fast, and even with a flamethrower i wont send them to fight a grenadier squad since they will lose. Why wont we just give rifleman the ability to purchase the M1919?

Your opinions?
20 Nov 2015, 09:05 AM

There is a new meta try it: just rifles on the field with bazooka's and bars only rifles get almost 10 rifles and win every game...and then just get easy fuel for easy 8
20 Nov 2015, 09:21 AM

Usf will still do fine. Now you just have to try instead of just doing something that coincides with recruiting riflemen.
20 Nov 2015, 09:28 AM

Easy 8 keeps it relevant.It was OP.
20 Nov 2015, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 08:57 AMMaist
I've played with the new patch preview and it seems as rifle company is now far from being good as it was.
I agree that it wasn't fair and that something had to be done, but not this.

First of all, the elite training is now replaced with an American Horra ability that makes the unit slower for 10 seconds after use. Why is is so? The Horra doesn't make conscript slower and same thing applies to the Wehrmacht ability (who's name i forgot). Why should i pay 15 munition for an ability that makes my unit go faster and than slower? In my opinion, making them go faster without the penalty would be a suitable replacement for the elite training.

Now for the flamethrower: I agree that it was abused and had to change, but right now it's just a useless ability. The rear echelon are not a combat unit. They die to fast, and even with a flamethrower i wont send them to fight a grenadier squad since they will lose. Why wont we just give rifleman the ability to purchase the M1919?

Your opinions?

Echelons with a flamer upgrade (like all support units) are not meant to go head to head with main line infantry, the upgrade is designed to allow buildings to be cleared or deny cover.

You're not using them correctly.

20 Nov 2015, 09:29 AM

It'll be fine and finally there will be some reason to get 2nd RE outside of RE spam lolstrats.

Bad thing is, generalization... But hey, at least now the doctrine should be allowed in tournaments, which means USF will finally have useful armor there and won't have to seal the game by mid game.
20 Nov 2015, 09:34 AM

So finally it is no longer veteran 3 terminator rifle spitting fire?

Thank god.
20 Nov 2015, 09:37 AM

Thank god.

+1 1v1 is playable again
20 Nov 2015, 09:40 AM

Riflemen are a lot tougher than Conscripts. Letting them sprint all willy nilly is actually a lot scarier than veterancy ever was. This lets America execute some really powerful flanking maneuvers.

Now for the flamethrower: I agree that it was abused and had to change, but right now it's just a useless ability. The rear echelon are not a combat unit. They die to fast, and even with a flamethrower i wont send them to fight a grenadier squad since they will lose.

It's fine. Rear echelon squads are woefully underrated in combat, especially with vet 2 and weapon upgrades.
20 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

Will the 'Fire Up' ability have some sort of suppression resistance modifier or what? Because I can see activating it, trying to run around the sides of an MG42's arc (with 2nd unit) only to be suppressed in 0.4 seconds = ability wasted.

If it does I'm cool with the Rifle Company changes.
20 Nov 2015, 10:04 AM

Thank god.

Terminator ? lol u mean Falls, right ? that pop up anywhere on map and are good on all ranges ?
20 Nov 2015, 10:09 AM

RE's also got a combat buff, besides the flamer.
It was needed to remove the flamer off of the rifles..
20 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:09 AMJewdo
RE's also got a combat buff, besides the flamer.
It was needed to remove the flamer off of the rifles..

REs got 25% price increase, so they didn't got any buff, but adjustment.
20 Nov 2015, 10:27 AM

Terminator ? lol u mean Falls, right ? that pop up anywhere on map and are good on all ranges ?

They better be good for that 440 mp, and they definitely are not close to being as "spammable" as Rifleman with the flamethrower.

They do not gain vet easily like rifles, and their "durability" is not high. So no, terminator rifles.
20 Nov 2015, 10:30 AM

They better be good for that 440 mp, and they definitely are not close to being as "spammable" as Rifleman with the flamethrower.

Their real cost is actually 360 or 380(haven't had enough coffee to do math to check it), so they are cheaper then obers, you're paying 60-80 mp for the ability to spawn them on the field, just like commandos are 350, but you pay 500 for them in commando doctrine #justrelicthings.
20 Nov 2015, 10:35 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:11 AMKatitof

REs got 25% price increase, so they didn't got any buff, but adjustment.

hey they increased at least the rifle damage from 8 to 10 ;)
20 Nov 2015, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 10:30 AMKatitof

Their real cost is actually 360 or 380(haven't had enough coffee to do math to check it), so they are cheaper then obers, you're paying 60-80 mp for the ability to spawn them on the field,

just like commandos are 350, but you pay 500 for them in commando doctrine #justrelicthings.

Pay 350 for commandos, 50 for ability to spawn anywhere and 100 for ability to destroy OKW trucks. :D
20 Nov 2015, 10:37 AM

Pay 350 for commandos, 50 for ability to spawn anywhere and 100 for ability to destroy OKW trucks. :D

Wasn't that fixed recently or I just read and remembered "we added it to our database" and nothing changed? :sibPheasant:
20 Nov 2015, 10:40 AM

Their real cost is actually 360 or 380(haven't had enough coffee to do math to check it), so they are cheaper then obers, you're paying 60-80 mp for the ability to spawn them on the field, just like commandos are 350, but you pay 500 for them in commando doctrine #justrelicthings.

The gliders are so damn silly...

Oh, instead of walking to the battlefield, just lead me take this really vulnerable, slow glider to the battlefield because yolo.

PS: They fixed the glider slam into OKW truck last month or this month?
20 Nov 2015, 10:41 AM

I'd rather have Fired Up than an ability that Im only gonna use once in a game and Rear Echelon flamers promote combined arms and teching bars (for rifles) so I support that aswell
I just hope they adjust the Rear Echelon recieved accuracy slightly (just abit dont over do it) because theyre gonna be slightly more expensive to reinforce with their cost increase so I dont want them dropping dead so much this would also make volley fire more useful
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment