Login

russian armor

Balance Forum suggestion

24 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM

I wouldn't be averse to this idea. I don't care who you are on steam - I'm not going to stalk you or trash talk you; literally couldn't care less.
I just want to know whether to take you seriously and if you have any experience to back up your claims, and thus how much weight your opinion is worth.

I'm likely to be more receptive to the opinions of someone who's top 10 1v1 in a thread about 1v1 maps, compared to a rank 5000 who might have a different experience playing games with other rank 5000's.
24 Nov 2015, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 19:43 PMbC_
we cross reference all op with statistical data that we've collected just a FYI. Sometimes OP is right sometimes they are very very very very wrong.

Everyone's experience I am sure seems to them objective.

But we always feel the loses greater than the wins, and we perceive RNG much more when it works against us than when it works for us. (When it works for us; "I am such an F-ing brilliant tactician to be able to do that!", and against; "F--k you Relic!!")
24 Nov 2015, 20:42 PM
Patrion 14

Your playercard is hidden.

Exactly as intended.
24 Nov 2015, 21:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't be averse to this idea. I don't care who you are on steam - I'm not going to stalk you or trash talk you; literally couldn't care less.
I just want to know whether to take you seriously and if you have any experience to back up your claims, and thus how much weight your opinion is worth.

I'm likely to be more receptive to the opinions of someone who's top 10 1v1 in a thread about 1v1 maps, compared to a rank 5000 who might have a different experience playing games with other rank 5000's.

Basically, this is 1 reason. But been top100 doesn't automatically makes your opinions correct or agreeable (see Quentin :P). Same the other way round.

If someone says:
"Panthers OP!" it may be a problem at their skill level and not on others skill level.
Another example. "Just use 2man soviet sniper to counter OH sniper". It may work against people who don't use their sniper properly, but on Luvnest words, it doesn't work as much on high level.

Same with concerns regarding teamgame or 1v1 oriented problems. Or even random vs AT.

It also filters troll account up to some point.
24 Nov 2015, 21:38 PM
24 Nov 2015, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 17:32 PMd0ggY
Sorry Skabinsk, 4v4 Heroes like you and me also have no idea about this game :-D

our opinions don't matter :*(, those team game noobens
24 Nov 2015, 23:54 PM

The top 10 1v1 players don't pay for this game or keep relic in the job. Number 1 rule of any company is to listen to your customers if you want success. It is relics job to be smart enough to sift through the forums and suggestions and come up with a average opinion on things. You know i would wager one good player among other shitty ones in a team game who can turn it around and win against the enemy team is just as skillful as one in a 1v1, where your opponent is just as predictable.

The hardcore keyboard warriors in 1v1 are simply better at reacting, much like a mouse who is more proficient at working a maze. WAR is a team effort, 1v1 does not reflect that at all.
25 Nov 2015, 00:05 AM

The top 10 1v1 players don't pay for this game or keep relic in the job. Number 1 rule of any company is to listen to your customers if you want success. It is relics job to be smart enough to sift through the forums and suggestions and come up with a average opinion on things. You know i would wager one good player among other shitty ones in a team game who can turn it around and win against the enemy team is just as skillful as one in a 1v1, where your opponent is just as predictable.

The hardcore keyboard warriors in 1v1 are simply better at reacting, much like a mouse who is more proficient at working a maze. WAR is a team effort, 1v1 does not reflect that at all.

I know thats beating a dead Horse but balance can only be achieved by judging the Performance of top players, they are the only one who use every unit to their theoretical Maximum effect. You cant balance a game according to the "Middle class" because we just outright suck at the game and skill is a much bigger factor than unit/faction Performance. Only at the highest level of play unit/faction performance becomes the decisive factor of a Match.
I know that sucks but that's the truth..
25 Nov 2015, 00:09 AM

I know thats beating a dead Horse but balance can only be achieved by judging the Performance of top players, they are the only one who use every unit to their theoretical Maximum effect. You cant balance a game according to the "Middle class" because we just outright suck at the game and skill is a much bigger factor than unit/faction Performance. Only at the highest level of play unit/faction performance becomes the decisive factor of a Match.
I know that sucks but that's the truth..

I agree and it would be great if they were some kind of artificial intelligence and completely impartial and balanced.

But they are just as biased as the middle class you refer to. So yes their opinion should carry importance but not outweigh the collective average.
25 Nov 2015, 00:21 AM

I agree and it would be great if they were some kind of artificial intelligence and completely impartial and balanced.

But they are just as biased as the middle class you refer to. So yes their opinion should carry importance but not outweigh the collective average.

Cant disagree
25 Nov 2015, 00:41 AM

You seem to have me pegged as a 1v1 elitist - I'm not; just have a look at my playercard. My example was simply stating that in a relevant thread, opinions from people who are experienced and knowledgeable should be considered more than someone who doesn't play that particular mode.

I'm not saying that top tier 1v1 players are the wise all-knowing council who we should always listen to. I'm saying that the top tier players generally have a much better in=depth knowledge of the units, the game, and how different changes will play out.

It doesn't matter if you are top tier 1v1, 2v2, or 4v4 - you're top tier because you understand how to use your units to their best and how to go about things when an obstacle appears - and what changes mean for you and the game.
25 Nov 2015, 00:47 AM

Basically, this is 1 reason. But been top100 doesn't automatically makes your opinions correct or agreeable (see Quentin :P). Same the other way round.

I agree. That's why we should take everything with a grain of salt and not simply jump on the "TOP TIER PLAYERS SAY THIS IS THE WAY TO GO" bandwagon
25 Nov 2015, 00:51 AM

You seem to have me pegged as a 1v1 elitist - I'm not; just have a look at my playercard. My example was simply stating that in a relevant thread, opinions from people who are experienced and knowledgeable should be considered more than someone who doesn't play that particular mode.

I'm not saying that top tier 1v1 players are the wise all-knowing council who we should always listen to. I'm saying that the top tier players generally have a much better in=depth knowledge of the units, the game, and how different changes will play out.

It doesn't matter if you are top tier 1v1, 2v2, or 4v4 - you're top tier because you understand how to use your units to their best and how to go about things when an obstacle appears - and what changes mean for you and the game.

All well and good sir, for the most part agreed. On principle any top player who spams is not a top player in my opinion, regardless of the viability, a broken game feature can and should not be used on principle by a skilled player. And if that tactic is the basis for a top tier players success then i say bah to their opinion.
25 Nov 2015, 02:15 AM

Reacting is what CoH2 is all about...
25 Nov 2015, 05:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 16:51 PMtenid
Just create an ad hominem forum instead and let all the rank arguing go on in there.

Aye, the suggestion in the OP poses a great intellectual hazard in that it encourages people to commit the grave errors of 'you have no expertise / are x therefore argument invalid'.
The mere possibility that any given person may have an understanding of the game inconsistent with their rank relative to another suggests the absurdity of such a suggestion.
25 Nov 2015, 12:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

our opinions don't matter :*(, those team game noobens

yes ;(( unfortunately we suck so hard we cant play 1v1 masterrace :((((((
25 Nov 2015, 12:50 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 19:43 PMbC_
we cross reference all op with statistical data that we've collected just a FYI. Sometimes OP is right sometimes they are very very very very wrong.

What about the "human" side sometimes? Do you put that back in the balancing process aswell? I slightly remember something about a JT and guards...mark target and IL-2 Drop of course. Sometimes i think more input of more players playing different modes would help a bit in adjusting the changes to not being too much or too less.

Mostly it is small things that can cause a chaos.

Continue with the good work you did, but my suggestion is, that you could get a "community" team to assist you a bit in things of the human side of the game.
25 Nov 2015, 12:59 PM

As noble as the intentions are, no.

All this will lead to is stat based bashing. An argument will no longer be judged based on merit, but something along the line of this:

I think a 10 fuel Churchill crocodile with dual 120mm cannons ripped from an Abrams is OP. - Rank 1000, random player
No, you are an Axis scrub - Rank 800, but fanboy

An exaggeration, but you get the point. It just makes it a horrible experience...... I mean... call of duty.... world of tanks.... stat whores.
25 Nov 2015, 13:24 PM

i have this (not new) suggestion for the coh2 balance and gameplay forums.

in order to post in these forums, your forum account is required to provide a link to your playercard.

this will make it a lot easier to sort out people who know what they are talking about.

god bless you! Finally someone who understands the pain of all those scrubs around!

my suggestion is:

Make an specific forum section where ONLY top 50 people can write! And yes i mean real top 50 not these cheesy 3v3 or 4v4 ranks (top ten is there like top 500 in 2v2 no joke).
25 Nov 2015, 14:05 PM

god bless you! Finally someone who understands the pain of all those scrubs around!

my suggestion is:

Make an specific forum section where ONLY top 50 people can write! And yes i mean real top 50 not these cheesy 3v3 or 4v4 ranks (top ten is there like top 500 in 2v2 no joke).

how do u define top 50 players? real top 50!! :P and add to dat not, fanbois like urself
I wish there was a section like that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 5
unknown 10
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L