Login

russian armor

Balance Forum suggestion

19 Nov 2015, 10:56 AM

i have this (not new) suggestion for the coh2 balance and gameplay forums.

in order to post in these forums, your forum account is required to provide a link to your playercard.

this will make it a lot easier to sort out people who know what they are talking about.
19 Nov 2015, 13:02 PM
Patrion 14

Good thing you lead by example.
19 Nov 2015, 13:05 PM

you got my support, would prevent multiple accounts too.except they will create a new steam account everytime and buy coh2 on it, but alteast it will slow them down
19 Nov 2015, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 13:02 PMFanatic
Good thing you lead by example.

Your playercard is hidden. You need to change these settings

24 Nov 2015, 08:10 AM

No and No.

Leads to the mass of allied players stalking steam accounts.

Sorry, forums should not require us giving our PERSONAL details out to angry children.

Some people don't like to participate in this global social media trend.

More no.
24 Nov 2015, 10:47 AM

No and No.

Sorry, forums should not require us giving our PERSONAL details out to angry children.

More no.

however too many people with too little to nothing knowledge about the game are posting about balance.

my fear is that relic takes their nonsense serious, may it be just partly or unconciously.
24 Nov 2015, 10:52 AM

All it requires is just to ask certain players to link their playercard, you don't need to have it linked as a right to speak.
24 Nov 2015, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 10:52 AMSwift
All it requires is just to ask certain players to link their playercard, you don't need to have it linked as a right to speak.

unfortunately this doesn't work.

they never do this. i mean never.
24 Nov 2015, 11:22 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

however too many people with too little to nothing knowledge about the game are posting about balance.

my fear is that relic takes their nonsense serious, may it be just partly or unconciously.

I highly doubt if Relic go beyond the OP on Balance forums here or on the Official forums, unless they see the OP is writing something sensible, backed up with stats and discussion of numbers.

This is why our Moderators try to move posts which are obviously in the wrong place, or curtail bad discussions. But there are many threads in the grey area and hence, the currency of the Balance forums is reduced and leads to most Balance threads being ignored by many.

Even this thread is in the wrong section...
24 Nov 2015, 16:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Balance section, maybe. No for any other section.

PD: you can start by giving the example :P
24 Nov 2015, 16:48 PM

No and No.

More no.

Why are you afraid?

Are you one of these rank 5000+ 4v4 one army heroes who wouldn't be allowed to post or would be exposed for their incompetence as a player?

Besides, look at Johhnyb, its hard to find a fanboy as hardcore and as dedicated to the cause as he, his playercard was exposed, people said "pretty much what we expected", everyone moved on, I don't remember anyone ripping on him for his playercard.
24 Nov 2015, 16:51 PM

Just create an ad hominem forum instead and let all the rank arguing go on in there.
24 Nov 2015, 16:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Balance section, maybe. No for any other section.

PD: you can start by giving the example :P

Site feedback. ;)

24 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Sounds Legit, but maybe relic could just certain players in their balance "test team" - like i think Ciez is.

And then ban (from balance discussions only of course) scrubs like Katitof, who just proves over and over again he has no idea about this game what so ever, just theorycrafts and then jerks off to every post he sees
24 Nov 2015, 17:31 PM

I'm a noob, can I post in here?
24 Nov 2015, 17:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Sorry Skabinsk, 4v4 Heroes like you and me also have no idea about this game :-D
24 Nov 2015, 17:45 PM

in order to post in these forums, your forum account is required to provide a link to your playercard.

this will make it a lot easier to sort out people who know what they are talking about.

Yes, because by that logic, people without a player card, or people with X amount of hours played can't have an opinion about something game related.

As I understand why you have these motives, you are taking this a step too far by saying " sort out people who know what they are talking about". Could you define what makes someone " knowing what they are talking about?" Is " Hours played" the deciding factor here? "Amount of wins"? "Ladder rank"?

The coh2.org balance forums are known for their, let me put it mildly, "open ground discourse". Everything gets posted, the usual suspects blend in and throw in their opinions, facts, whatever you may call it. All the different colours of opinions, facts, statements, questions and offtopic responses get thrown together on one big pile and it creates this browny mess which, to be fair isn't what anyone wanted. You can try to filter the mess but in the end the damage has been done and you move on to the next post.

In the end, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and freedom of speech makes us able to post whatever we want. If you want a "clean and regulated" discussion on balance you're too late for the coh2.org forums. They can't be saved (that easily) anymore.

Oh, don't worry about Relic entertainment being influenced by these tens of thousands of posts regarding game balance, unit balance or faction balance. They won't read most of it, and if they do, it's in their own topics and just to clarify something.

24 Nov 2015, 17:53 PM

I agree 100% I personally don't give a shit if your pro allied or axis. If I see you at least play the game then your words carry weight. There is even someone in this thread who has like 70 post per a game played (both fourms). Now that isn't right at all as well
24 Nov 2015, 19:31 PM

You are arguing that playercard can prove what you have to contribute is reasoned, fair, useful, appropriate?

Someone can be very good at the game and not know how to balance it. Likewise someone can be mediocre, or even only play one side, and have useful things to add to the discussion.

Requiring playercards is only adding a tool so people can use it to beat over the heads of those with whom they disagree. Better to use the arguments.
bC_
Only Relic postRelic 24 Nov 2015, 19:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

we cross reference all op with statistical data that we've collected just a FYI. Sometimes OP is right sometimes they are very very very very wrong.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★