Login

russian armor

on a losing streak need advice (replays included)

26 Jun 2013, 11:19 AM

•  

all my games i open 1-1 grens into mg into gren then maybe a mortar somtimes sniper, when tier 2 i get 2 pg's until i have more info on what opponant does and i put down a slightly forward med bunker from there i try and get atleast 1 p4 and a pak upgrade shreks when i need to etc and tryu and move on into panthers.

now ive had heaps of problems running into fast su85;s and those 120 mm mortars in the open beta i was doing well vsed some decent well known playersn did well now i have barely won im just loss even the scout car rush kills me when abused to the shit...

so basically critique my build, checkout the replays any advice appreciated i just cant think of the solution.

#edit by hicksi. replaced links with replay code
26 Jun 2013, 11:27 AM

I've got one of your replays in my cast list today, I'll post a link to it here when it goes online, hopefully it'll have some tips or just general critiques for you.
26 Jun 2013, 11:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Some top-of-the-head remarks, having not looked at the replays: If you're getting scout car rushed, try using an upgunned armored car from your T2. That will destroy an M3 with no vet in one burst. Also, the German sniper doesn't seem to be nearly as useful as it was in CoH1. Try switching it out for another Gren or MG.
26 Jun 2013, 12:17 PM

I didn't see your replay becuz I haven't gotten the game yet . It will be better if u upload it in youtube or twiich, BTW, from your descirption I think these might be the reasons that made u lost.

1.Sniper - it is hard to use to worth its cost. You should go back and watch your replay to see how many men your sniper could kill before he died. if it is below 10 men, then u should consider not getting it anymore. (Only a very pro player can make sniper worth its cost and I think to worth its cost your sniper must be able to kill at least 10 enemie's men or more)

2.The Russia guy can get SU85 fast - you maybe lack of fuel, or you are too slow to get to tank yourself. as I read from your decription, I think u use too many units ( g, mg , pg, sniper, mortar, medbunker, pak). From my expierience, Rus can get tank eariler than us but not that much eariler, if I and my opponent have the same amount of fuel, I can get Stug out approximatly 30 - 1 min behind Rus tank (Noting that I did not plan to rush tank and if I do, the gap maybe smaller). I don't need Pak to fight Rus unless I am behinding in term of fuel.

3.Scout car rush - You can retaliate it by getting your scoutcar upgraded gun as Computerheat said. Or if enemy use only one scout car, u can use 2 bomb of grenadier to get rid of it. ( Or P4 with RPG, it is your choice)

26 Jun 2013, 14:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I watched two of the replays (the shorter ones, natch) and have a couple of comments, although hopefully some people with a better grasp of the game will be able to give you even more insight.

-In both games you lost your MGs. To get the most out of them, and to prevent them from getting flanked and stolen, you should use them in conjunction with infantry. In the game on Minsk Pocket, your MG got way, way out ahead of your grenadiers. When the conscripts came along, they were easily able to flank it, kill it, and steal it. Without that MG, your opponent was able to blob up all he wanted.
In the two games I watched, your MGs were generally either alone and too far ahead of your main fighting force or alone and too far behind. In my games I always assign my MGs to hotkeys. It really helps you remember where they are so that you can move them around and keep them somewhere useful. Remember, too, that they can shoot further than they can see. Just another reason to keep them with some infantry.

-Conscripts with Ppshs are very dangerous! Both games went south, hard, when you allowed your infantry to rush into a blob of Ppsh conscripts. Maybe someone else can give some better advice on how to deal with Hit the Dirt.

-Don't rush SU85s with your P4s, particularly if the SU85s are near conscripts who can potentially throw anti-tank grenades. Let the PaK handle the SU85s. PGrens with shrecks can work too, since SU85s are terrible v. infantry. Just don't get drawn into the enemy infantry.

-Are you using shift-clicking to queue orders for your squads? I noticed a lot of idle units in both games. One very nice feature that is in coh2 that wasn't in the original is the ability to give cap orders via the minimap.
If you want to incorporate a mortar into your build (and I wouldn't necessarily, unless you are facing lots of MGs and ATGs), using the barrage ability followed by a move order is a very good way to get the most out of your mortar. Also, hotkey that baddy.

-Finally, I don't think that the forward medic station is doing you much good. In the games I watched the medic station was too far forward to heal units that had retreated to base, but too far back to heal units near the front. Furthermore, you can see in the replay that the medics are not treating units that are moving. Maybe they will heal moving units from time to time, but what I saw was medics chasing after infantry with no effect.
TLDR You would have been better off putting the medic bunker at your HQ.

In neither of these games did you get a sniper, and I don't think that one would have helped, so that was a good call.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
South Africa 1
Germany 741

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak