Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
14 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 19:22 PM

we just need base on which old servers were placed.
ty

No. Please, I understand that we'd all love a time machine to go back and play on the old servers.

Right now I need to know if there were any new issues introduced by this week's patch and I need to know by today. If I don't find out by today then those new problems, if there are any, will NOT be fixed.

I get that it feels better to swear at us and be angry, but that's not going to help anything. So if you truly want to help the game, then help me out on this. Otherwise these issues will not get reported, we'll pay the money for this phase of work and any new problems introduced may NEVER get fixed.

Edit: I want to emphasis that I'd really love to have your help on this. Everyone wants the best CoH experience possible and right now this is the best way to help us achieve that.
3 Oct 2013, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 18:56 PMNoun
Okay.

- What it's like now (Ie tanks have been replaced with VW Beetles)
- How often this is occurring (all the time / half the time / sometimes)
- What it was like before this week's patch (Tanks were tanks)
- What it was like before the server change (Tanks were tanks)

So far I have:

- Increased lag
- More than before the patch which was already more than on the old servers
- More than on the old servers

- Zero People in chats
- ?% of the time there's 0 people in chats
- ? People in chats before this week's patch
- dozens/100+ people in chats before server move

- Problems Hosting / Joining Game
- ?% of the time
- ? Was this an issue since the server move or is this new since this week's patch?
- No problems hosting a game before the server move

- ranks on lobby are all lvl3 brits,
  • all the time since steam server

- ranks on friendlist are all lvl16 brits,

- when choosing random we only get us and werh (DO NOT FIX THIS :) )but I'd like to know if choosing brits or PE makes you wait longer while searching for a game, if yes, fix it

- TOV units choice resets after each game session,

- trust ratio IS GONE, put it back

- bring back the map choice, we should be able to tick and untick map
15 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 19:41 PM

Pepsi.

Everyone.

Please.

Just for the rest of the day can you only post new issues that have appeared since the patch this week?

Right now, for the rest of the day, that is all I care about. Because if these aren't reported by the end of the day they may never be fixed.

Any other issues, and we know there are other issues which we plan on fixing in the future, can wait until tomorrow.

Please.
3 Oct 2013, 19:51 PM

Honestly the time is a bit too short to test the new patch. Also the other issues cover such a variety, that finding issues caused by the new patch is even harder.
3 Oct 2013, 19:54 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

1st. I cannot enter a custom game of any player.
This hapen 95% of the time.
Coincidentally I entered 3 of them 20/30. Not sure if this is a problem me or is the new patch.
3 Oct 2013, 19:55 PM

Well sorry Noun, play a few games today, didn't noticed anything new on the competitive way (aka ranked search) of playing vcoh.
I hope people will find the newborn bugs for the hotfix you're asking, if there is any.
3 Oct 2013, 20:14 PM

Noun I have been able to join both "classic matches" and "auto matches" and have not seen any "new" problems. but then again we are still just talking about afew games.

3 Oct 2013, 20:16 PM

i think we can't find a little bugs in so short time , but you heard bout really big bugs which should be fixed. that's the main thing , and if you'll fix that, the game will be much better :)
16 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 20:44 PM

I understand that it's not much time to find new bugs since this week's patch. But people in this thread are saying that there are new bugs since this week's patch, so I want to know what they are.

If there isn't new bugs then we can move on to working on other things on the big list of CoH stuff to do.
3 Oct 2013, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 20:44 PMNoun
the big list of CoH stuff to do.

Does that list include fixing the topgun of the staghound?
17 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 22:23 PM

I've managed to get this extended.

Please if anyone knows of any issues that the latest patch introduced, or anything that's not right with the patch, please let me know.

The sooner the better.

Thanks!
4 Oct 2013, 06:14 AM

This is not something that has happened only with new patch but I will say it anway. Maybe it could help.

Coh doesn't work well with some routers, I had 2 friends who were always causing lag in each game played with them. In other games (ex. Dota 2) they had no problems.

Eventualy they both changed their routers and since then have no lag issues.
One of the router was Thompson Speedtouch (not sure about exact model, but a lot of them had NAT issues before, could be that they are just having lag nowdays)
4 Oct 2013, 07:57 AM
Patrion 14

I didn't find any new problems with the patch. But I have only played one basic match so far. Great job Noun & Co ;)
4 Oct 2013, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 18:56 PMNoun
Okay.

We're working with another company (Smoking Gun Interactive) and are paying them to work on this. They're going to get paid based on this week's patch.

So if there's new problems introduced by the patch I need to know because we can tell them to fix them right away (before we pay them). If I can't find out what they are then we have to pay them and these new issues won't be fixed for awhile.

So please if there are NEW issues with the game since the patch give me a list otherwise it will be months or more before they're addressed because they'll go onto the big list of stuff we're working on rather than the immediate list of things we need to fix with this patch in particular.

Give me a list like this:

- What it's like now (Ie tanks have been replaced with VW Beetles)
- How often this is occurring (all the time / half the time / sometimes)
- What it was like before this week's patch (Tanks were tanks)
- What it was like before the server change (Tanks were tanks)

So far I have:

- Increased lag
- More than before the patch which was already more than on the old servers
- More than on the old servers

- Zero People in chats
- ?% of the time there's 0 people in chats
- ? People in chats before this week's patch
- dozens/100+ people in chats before server move

- Problems Hosting / Joining Game
- ?% of the time
- ? Was this an issue since the server move or is this new since this week's patch?
- No problems hosting a game before the server move

NOTE: If I can't find out what's are NEW issues since THIS WEEK's patch by the end of today then those NEW issues won't be fixed. So please right now only tell me what NEW issues have appeared since this week's patch. Be as clear and specific as you can.

One issue that I noticed is that you cannot see games hosted from people with different mods. On quazal you had the server list and games that were hosted in a different game mod were shown in grey for you.

For example you use vCoH and you can see people hosting modern combat mod/blitzkrieg/EF mod games, but the game is greyed out. When you tried to join the game it would show you "You cannot join. Others: Eastern Front, you: vCoH". It would be nice to see this reintroduced again for steam coh.

Also, skin/soundpacks that worked with vCoH on quazal seem to not work with steam CoH anymore. I don't know why though.
4 Oct 2013, 13:26 PM

Also, skin/soundpacks that worked with vCoH on quazal seem to not work with steam CoH anymore. I don't know why though.

Already seen at least 5 different skinpacks in streams on steam.
I think you are wrong in that point. soundpack 4.00 should work, too.
5 Oct 2013, 02:40 AM

Already seen at least 5 different skinpacks in streams on steam.
I think you are wrong in that point. soundpack 4.00 should work, too.

Oh okay, then I'm wrong. I only knew that my old soundpack didn't work, and a friend's skinpack also. But that had been some time ago, I just wanted to mention it.
5 Oct 2013, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 22:23 PMNoun
I've managed to get this extended.

Please if anyone knows of any issues that the latest patch introduced, or anything that's not right with the patch, please let me know.

The sooner the better.

Thanks!

Hi Noun, first of all thanks for your time and you interest of tracking the new issues and old ones, hope that finally will be fixed soon. Here is a new thing after the week's patch, while playing with a friend in a hosted match the game starts to lag. Both as we discussed we find out that we had received warning that the opponent lags so to kick him out we did not so we both lost connection and seemed like my friend dropped but he did not. All this while we chatting through steam!!! So no internet connection problem. I think something is going on with NAT maybe???Or connection problem with server, this was never before the patch. We played 4 games the two of them did not finish, as someone else mention above something about routers I have worries about mine or my friends, this thing was not before the patch. I'm pretty unable to play a whole match! Please take care of this.
9 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 19:41 PMNoun

Right now, for the rest of the day, that is all I care about. Because if these aren't reported by the end of the day they may never be fixed.

Looks like we face the worst case scenario here, thats what i fear would happen.

It´s nice you put money and time into this but money alone won´t help as time won´t if you don´t do it right. Noun (as fare as i know you are resposible, you are the contact), you made some mistakes here.

You should have created a public pre patch Steam issue list. The feedback from the players was there, the people who want to help were there, you just need to make use oft them! I assume there is something like this but it´s not public. I would really like to help you here and tell you which new issues occurred since the patch but I can´t tell you which problems are new because i don´t now which one´s were present before this patch. This because i stopped playing, i needed to wait about 45 minutes für a game. I would invest this time now, i want to help, i want CoH1 back at old level but how without a pre patch issue list.

So please, let´s do this right! Please, create a thread, let´s make an official issue list and then we can compare. And don´t only create these thread, read it. We are still here, we want to help, i would even pay for i fixed CoH1 version but you need to work with us. We can do it!
9 Oct 2013, 08:24 AM

Nice words! I will also spend some time for an official issue list to give some feedback, im very active in coh1 (before the patch was released) today i wll check what for issues are new. Lets get it on!
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS