Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
2 Oct 2013, 14:42 PM

Steam just applied the first update, thank you Noun and team!

Really? I don't know about you, but there are some major connection issues now after the "update".
2 Oct 2013, 19:51 PM

Steam just applied the first update, thank you Noun and team!

.Yeah - thanks for fixing it so my skirmish games actually count now. Couldn´t live without it - apreciate it. Those comp stomp ranks and stats are good to see again!
2 Oct 2013, 23:20 PM

.Yeah - thanks for fixing it so my skirmish games actually count now. Couldn´t live without it - apreciate it. Those comp stomp ranks and stats are good to see again!

It is still good news because it shows that they have put in some work in fixing a couple of its problems even though they are not major.
It's a step forward and hopefully they will fix the rest soon.
10 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 00:00 AM

Really? I don't know about you, but there are some major connection issues now after the "update".

Can you elaborate on these connection issues you're experiencing? I haven't seen any of that from other people, but I may have just missed it.

Is this just since the update?
3 Oct 2013, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 00:00 AMNoun

Can you elaborate on these connection issues you're experiencing? I haven't seen any of that from other people, but I may have just missed it.

Is this just since the update?

Umm so has the update happened. I'm currently running 2.7.001., and I don't remember a downloading patch screen...
3 Oct 2013, 08:44 AM

Umm so has the update happened. I'm currently running 2.7.001., and I don't remember a downloading patch screen...

Gonna guess it is because steam just auto updates, and since it was small you probably didn't notice. :P
3 Oct 2013, 13:16 PM

Thx for the patch! I report here some bugs i found for further fixes:

General:

- Before you enter a lobby game, you don´t see who is in it already and which rank he has. You have just an information about how many players are there.
- Fix general lag. (ingame, during automatch search, chat lag, ect...)
- There appears an error message always when you host a skirmish game after you have finished a game before. I didnt test yet, if there appears a error message, when hosting a skirmish game after finishing a PvP game.
- The chats have now numbers, are sometimes doubled (especially the gamereplays channel) and are bugged (jumping).
Also during quazal times the best automatch rank (1v1, 2v2AT, skirmish 1v1, ect...) of a player was displayed in the chat lobby. Currently every player is displayed as brit lvl1.
- ladders for 1v1 and 2v2 skirmish games are missing.
- If you switch the starting positions of opposing factions, the factions are switched aswell making the switch pointless.

Automatch:

- Readd the "trust" system, which did give hackers a bad rating.
- Fight lag-, sync-, map- and stathackers.
- During quazal times, when you start a automatch search, you could see how many people are searching for a game as axis, allies or random. Currently you dont even know, if anybody is searching for a game.
- Fix the automatch search bar. During quazal times it did give you an information about the progress of being connected. Currently it jumps to half and stopps there, giving you no information anymore.
- Readd map elimination. During quazal times you had a list of the mappool visible and could choose which maps you dont want to play on. There was the choice to kick 3 maps at maximum.
- Fix Ladder. Originally there were only one lvl20, two lvl19, three lvl18, four lvl17 and all other ranks where not limited. Also before there was no limit on the players ranks search. Currently you can only search 50 players ahead.
- Reset ladder. Top players are all hackers due to trust system not there.
- There are some error messages appearing during automatch search: Can´t connect to host, Connection time out, Game is full
- During loadingscreen, the players ranks are not correctly displayed.
- 2v2 AT ladder is missing, though the players 2v2AT rank is displayed.

Further improvements:

- Being able to rewind replays
- Balance patch (f.E. staghound HP and roof gunner fix)
- Gameplay fix (f.E. M10 misfire bug)
3 Oct 2013, 16:36 PM

If only you guys could add a don't play vs brits button.
:P
3 Oct 2013, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2013, 07:02 AMnin3

The thing is, we dont expect Relic to develop new things for this 6 years old game -that we paid for, some of us for all 3-, but we expect it as it was, in good working condition.
Dont tell me it is normal now.
Wait 3-4 hours for a fucken automatch which will lag or wont work at all.
And done come here with the propaganda/marketing speech: they need money so then they can fix it. It was paid off, fully.

+1
3 Oct 2013, 17:50 PM

Yall need to read the TOS before you get all entitled. Not saying I like it but that's how these things work.
11 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 17:53 PM

Noun can you at least make the damn game playable?

I've asked in this thread for clarification already on what new issues people are seeing. So perhaps you could help with that.
12 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 18:24 PM

Don't single me out to point out the issues. There is so much valuable information on that in this thread alone. 5 posts ago for example GeneralCH made great examples.

He relisted some known issues that we haven't addressed and added a few things that are different since the patch. You're saying the game is unplayable since the patch not that the chat numbers are sometimes doubled.

I want to know what is broken or not working new since this week's patch. I understand that you're passionate about the game, but it's much more helpful for us if you're willing to work with us to help identify issues.

TLDR: Please give us a list of stuff that's broken or not working that's new since the patch, not everything that you want to see changed.
3 Oct 2013, 18:34 PM

@Noun
Its hard to make a list about stuff which is broken since the recent patch, since there are so many issues scattered around already. People reported, that it laggs now, but it already had terrible lag before...
3 Oct 2013, 18:37 PM

Let me give you an example. Since the stats don't work, and auto match takes forever because the game is broken and no one plays, we play with each other. Today this happened. I couldn't host a game, and there were Zero people in all chats. Right now for example my friend can't even join my game. The things I do for CoH..like cmd/ipconfig/flushdns this usually helps a bit, but this isn't even helping.

happened to me several times before the patch. Either you cant see lobby games or chats, sometimes both.
13 of 23 Relic postsRelic 3 Oct 2013, 18:56 PM

Okay.

We're working with another company (Smoking Gun Interactive) and are paying them to work on this. They're going to get paid based on this week's patch.

So if there's new problems introduced by the patch I need to know because we can tell them to fix them right away (before we pay them). If I can't find out what they are then we have to pay them and these new issues won't be fixed for awhile.

So please if there are NEW issues with the game since the patch give me a list otherwise it will be months or more before they're addressed because they'll go onto the big list of stuff we're working on rather than the immediate list of things we need to fix with this patch in particular.

Give me a list like this:

- What it's like now (Ie tanks have been replaced with VW Beetles)
- How often this is occurring (all the time / half the time / sometimes)
- What it was like before this week's patch (Tanks were tanks)
- What it was like before the server change (Tanks were tanks)

So far I have:

- Increased lag
- More than before the patch which was already more than on the old servers
- More than on the old servers

- Zero People in chats
- ?% of the time there's 0 people in chats
- ? People in chats before this week's patch
- dozens/100+ people in chats before server move

- Problems Hosting / Joining Game
- ?% of the time
- ? Was this an issue since the server move or is this new since this week's patch?
- No problems hosting a game before the server move

NOTE: If I can't find out what's are NEW issues since THIS WEEK's patch by the end of today then those NEW issues won't be fixed. So please right now only tell me what NEW issues have appeared since this week's patch. Be as clear and specific as you can.
3 Oct 2013, 19:16 PM

we just need base on which old servers were placed.
steam sux so much honestly.
adding friends- impossible
when you're logging ,you join to random chat
you can't see people in lobbies which were created while finding games\
can't use fast commands like /w /r /add /inv
shitty leaderboards with tonns of drophack noobs
1 account only
when you're trying to invite from steam, your mate can't join a game
that game was so good even with its ingame bugs, but some greedy people destroyed it
pls at least, fix not ingame bugs and block all drophackers steamaccs.
P.S. delete Fucking Sheldt map
ty
3 Oct 2013, 19:22 PM

Permanently Banned
we just need base on which old servers were placed.
steam sux so much honestly.
adding friends- impossible
when you're logging ,you join to random chat
you can't see people in lobbies which were created while finding games\
can't use fast commands like /w /r /add /inv
shitty leaderboards with tonns of drophack noobs
1 account only
when you're trying to invite from steam, your mate can't join a game
that game was so good even with its ingame bugs, but some greedy people destroyed it
pls at least, fix not ingame bugs and block all drophackers steamaccs.
P.S. delete Fucking Sheldt map
ty

1 account is the best thing that happened in coh 1. L2P
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★
  • The British Forces flag 보드카 중대
  • Oberkommando West flag VonManteuffel
  • Ostheer flag Heartless Jäger
uploaded by XXxxHeartlessxxXX

Board Info

202 users are online: 7 members and 195 guests
Hannibal, OKSpitfire, Tiger Baron, nigo, DIRTY_FINISHER, Katitof, amanitamuscariaomh
10 posts in the last 24h
36 posts in the last week
90 posts in the last month
Registered members: 44642
Welcome our newest member, amanitamuscariaomh
Most online: 2043 users on 29 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM