Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
23 Sep 2013, 11:31 AM

- Many game seem to be broken, first sympthom is you cannot green up and nobody answer in chat

Thats called a ghost game. These games don´t exist anymore and the players inside are elsewhere. Once i joined a game i just hosted before.

Whisper function was nice. If it is returning, it should only work between steam friends.

Fixing the performance issues such as lag, random disconnection and sync erros speak for themselves.

I think the most pressing issue currently is the return of the trust system, since 1v1 automatch works the best, but hackers are destroying the game.

Does anybody know if hackers got their steam account deleted during the coh steam version until now? What do i need to prove, that somebody is hacking?
23 Sep 2013, 14:47 PM

you know I'm happy whisper is disabled, before the steam version came out some cunts thought it would be hilarious to spam me with every insult they could think of while I was playing.

It was a barbarian solution.
It was very useful feature. The fix would be in game ignoring and ignoring by the serial number/steam id, not user name....
23 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM

COH1 is undeniably in a very sad state at the moment...

I just WISH Relic would man up and acknowledge and openly talk about the state of COH1 and the future of the game. It is a great legacy - which they have completely fucked over - for a very long time! And they have said next to nothing about its status.

It would be much easier to sympathize with Relic if they were more open about why the game is so horribly neglected.
23 Sep 2013, 15:22 PM

One solution could be:

Put COH1 DELUXE (ie working) on preorder in steam. Wait for enough ressources to be gathered and when the target is reached - go and fix the damn game.

Lots of people will pay im sure!
24 Sep 2013, 12:04 PM

Yea but that doesn't surprise me what so ever. Their staff members i.e. community manager or whatever it is, thought all those months the trust rating was still working, and that a streak of 222 was nothing out of the ordinary, mind you, with zero disputes. I mean these people are so irresponsible, I dare not to even speak their names, it's embarrassing to me. How in the world do you let the best RTS of all time be in this state that it is, with no feedback, or claims of responsibility. If I would of known relic would of kept the original game this fucked for this long, I would of never in my entire life purchased the failure that is Company of Heroes 2, to help support the company, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree on that with me.

Since the release these are the hours I have played this piece of crap.

And that's mostly from friends begging me to play, and since I'm such a nice guy I can't refuse. Long story short, if I could, I would trade the money I spent on CoH2 for a patch for the masterpiece that is Company of Heroes.

RISIN you are so right COH1 is not disserves to be in this situation and leave it as it is. I truly have lost my hope on what this new update will fix in the end. I would be very happy if they telling us hey we don't have money, you have to pay if you want the game to get as it was before and keep working new patches in the future. I would gladly pay 30 euro or even more if they promise something like this.
24 Sep 2013, 12:54 PM

guys stop tellin u will pay for a fix. they sold coh in the CE from coh2! they have to fix the game if they sell it!!!!
6 of 23 Relic postsRelic 24 Sep 2013, 15:29 PM

Hey I thought I'd wade in here again and help clear things up. There seems to be some historical revisionism going on and I'm hoping that it's just a case of people being confused as opposed to individuals wanting to create some pointless drama.

The decision to move Company of Heroes off of our previous server hosts Quazal was made by Ubisoft when they bought the server company. They did not want to be in the business of supporting other company's games and gave us a deadline for when they'd shut down our servers.

Long time players may remember that at a certain point the CoH servers stopped being as reliable as they had been. As our playerbase grew, and CoH's player numbers continued to grow until the server shutdown, our uptime lessened and there would be long patches where the game would go offline. It's nice to remember that the servers never had issues, but that's not the case.

At the point where we got the notice that the servers would be shut down we were owned by THQ. THQ at that time were in the business of making blockbusters. Space Marine was to be the next Gears of War. Homefront was going to be the next Call of Duty. The idea of investing what little available cash they had on supporting a game that was approaching it's 10 year anniversary didn't make sense to them. We argued for it, but ultimately it's their money to decide how they want to spend it.

When SEGA bought us following THQ's bankruptcy we outlined the situation and explained how important it was to the studio to keep supporting CoH. There's a lot of publishers who would have balked at being asked for money to support a game that they didn't release and whose initial profits they didn't get. It's absolutely to SEGA's credit that they agreed with Relic that it was important to continue the legacy of CoH and not close it down.

That was the alternative.

Company of Heroes would have closed down, gone offline for good.

Instead we invested time and effort into moving it to Steam. We didn't have as much time as we wanted to spend doing it, because of Ubisoft's imposed deadline, and we had lost a lot of time under THQ which would have helped us. The team was also focused on shipping Company of Heroes 2, and thankfully SEGA gave us more time to do that as well as the ship date for CoH 2 was moved back.

We met the deadline, we kept CoH alive. And again to SEGA's credit they never tried to release the game. They didn't say, "Well let's close CoH and then release it in a few months as CoH HD and charge everyone for it again."

Which some publishers would have done.

They kept the game alive so that the millions of people who own it could continue to play it.

We worked hard to get the game as solid as we could despite moving to extremely different server architecture on Steamworks. We knew we wouldn't be able to keep the game 100% the same, or with the full feature set at launch. Producer Greg Wilson outlined the issues here: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/Company-of-Heroes-Steamworks-feature-set

We then worked with the community to identify more issues, feeding back their issues to the external development team at Smoking Gun Interactive did a lot of this work and continue to work with us. A lot of the original CoH team are at Smoking Gun so they have a deep knowledge of the game's internals and have been valuable partners in this.

We understand people are passionate about the game, because we are.

The community has been incredibly helpful and supportive during this process. A lot of stuff that's going to be fixed is being fixed only because members of the community were able to provide constructive and helpful feedback to us on what issues they were experiencing. We want to continue that!

So hopefully this has cleared things up a bit. I want to again thank you all who have worked with us to improve things and we hope to have some positive news for you in the near future.
24 Sep 2013, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 15:29 PMNoun
Hey I thought I'd wade in here again and help clear things up. There seems to be some historical revisionism going on and I'm hoping that it's just a case of people being confused as opposed to individuals wanting to create some pointless drama.

So hopefully this has cleared things up a bit. I want to again thank you all who have worked with us to improve things and we hope to have some positive news for you in the near future.

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update, Noun. I think I speak for the majority of the CoH community in saying that we understand the extraordinary efforts in keeping the game alive, and appreciate the seriousness with which Relic regards CoH.

Yes, the current situation is not ideal for either players or Relic, but I for one feel I've gotten more than my fair shake from Relic for my $50 + $30 + $30, for a 6 year old game.

Looking forward to the finalized Steam version when it arrives. I miss meaningful competitive play for CoH, in the meantime we'll all be playing for fun's sake.

Regards
24 Sep 2013, 18:50 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 17:47 PMgobaers

Yes, the current situation is not ideal for either players or Relic, but I for one feel I've gotten more than my fair shake from Relic for my $50 + $30 + $30, for a 6 year old game.
Looking forward to the finalized Steam version when it arrives. I miss meaningful competitive play for CoH, in the meantime we'll all be playing for fun's sake.
Regards

well said. Same stuff in my head.
26 Sep 2013, 22:21 PM

Wow noun . now why dont you post more comprehensive feedback like this one! I almost had tears in my eyes. Thanks for taking the time and giving the back ground - really show you care when you keep your community up to date
27 Sep 2013, 13:38 PM

Good on you Noun,

Reading that almost brought a tear to my eye, some of the folk on this forum need to take a step back and think about things before going for the kill.

27 Sep 2013, 13:48 PM

I wonder when this will happen.

It doesnt take much effort, money, people doing it.
So why not doing it NOW? Every day the fans get more angrier.
It's been month and it's all talk nothing else, as usual.
27 Sep 2013, 15:25 PM

From what i remember Noun did send the 5 most pressing issues to smoking gun to create a patch. This was 2 weeks ago. Seems like they are working on it.
What this 5 most pressing issues were, was not mentioned, i wonder why. 1 point of the list was the seperated stats for comp stompers. Readding the trust system, which can avoid hacking, was not part of this list. I dont know if i should look forward to the patch or not...
29 Sep 2013, 15:22 PM

- There is a lag and then you get kicked. Anybody happened the same? Seems like lag hackers manage to kick you, once they start lagging.
- If you do instant game, which enables automatch 1v1 random faction search, you can´t see lobby games anymore, once you quit. You need to restart coh
30 Sep 2013, 16:21 PM

If you switch between game type available (such assault or classic match) and also switch a few chat channels. It should refresh the lobby. I know its not ideal but that has worked for me.
1 Oct 2013, 13:29 PM

- There is a lag and then you get kicked. Anybody happened the same? Seems like lag hackers manage to kick you, once they start lagging.
- If you do instant game, which enables automatch 1v1 random faction search, you can´t see lobby games anymore, once you quit. You need to restart coh

I guess it needs time to refresh the game lists so chill out, just go browse your Facebook, or youtube then check back CoH. Voila! it works. :D
1 Oct 2013, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 13:29 PMRiggs

I guess it needs time to refresh the game lists so chill out, just go browse your Facebook, or youtube then check back CoH. Voila! it works. :D

Or watch a game about a 2v2 lame sniper spam, which gets lost in the end, because of lack of AT.
7 of 23 Relic postsRelic 1 Oct 2013, 18:27 PM
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight