Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
26 Jun 2013, 11:05 AM

I remember relic said they are gonna update coh steam version and fix it after coh is out on their own official facebook. so when is it happening exactly ? i would love a relic person to answer this
27 Jun 2013, 09:52 AM

Apparently this is the case. Would be awesome to hear something a bit more official.
27 Jun 2013, 23:36 PM

Well judging by how much they have to fix COH2.....its going to be a LOOOONG time before they can even get around to COH1.
28 Jun 2013, 04:13 AM

Yes.. it will be. COH2 is obviously the priority. Not a 6 year old game they don't make money off anymore. The server fixes/ladder/stuff that arrives to COH2 will be in COH1 as well. They hope to get COH1 back to snuff, but it is not the priority now obviously. Yes they are aware its buggy and kind of crappy now, and yes they have plans to fix it.
28 Jun 2013, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2013, 04:13 AMRogers
Yes.. it will be. COH2 is obviously the priority. Not a 6 year old game they don't make money off anymore. The server fixes/ladder/stuff that arrives to COH2 will be in COH1 as well. They hope to get COH1 back to snuff, but it is not the priority now obviously. Yes they are aware its buggy and kind of crappy now, and yes they have plans to fix it.

The thing is, we dont expect Relic to develop new things for this 6 years old game -that we paid for, some of us for all 3-, but we expect it as it was, in good working condition.
Dont tell me it is normal now.
Wait 3-4 hours for a fucken automatch which will lag or wont work at all.
And done come here with the propaganda/marketing speech: they need money so then they can fix it. It was paid off, fully.
28 Jun 2013, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2013, 07:02 AMnin3

The thing is, we dont expect Relic to develop new things for this 6 years old game -that we paid for, some of us for all 3-, but we expect it as it was, in good working condition.
And done come here with the propaganda/marketing speech: they need money so then they can fix it. It was paid off, fully.

nin3 what is your steam account ?
28 Jun 2013, 09:16 AM

Saying they do not make money of it any more is not an acceptable reason for neglect. I brought CoH and the two separate expansions as they came out, for full price (so maybe ~£80 or ~$120 worth of game, cant quite remember the full prices).

6 years, and it STILL has many, many problems.

In my eyes CoH 1 is the litmus test for how serious the current publishers/devs/owners are with regard to how seriously they regard their titles.
30 Jun 2013, 02:39 AM

+1

i actually like way more coh 1 than 2, i bought the three of them and now everything works like crap
2 Jul 2013, 00:28 AM

*edit* typed from phone.
2 Jul 2013, 00:37 AM

You guys are hilarious. You understand nothing about budgets or resource allocations of a company who's job it is to turn a profit. Yes coh1 made money over the years so what do you expect that to go into a maintenance fund for a 6 year old game or keep a small game dev team above water. They have a brand new title on the market now. That is their priority. They know coh1 is in a shitty state right now but did not know the server hosting would be sniped by a large publisher. Well it was. So they rather than say fuck you guys like EA would they made an agreement with steam to host on their servers. It quite simply comes down to it was this or multiplayer support would be dropped entirely. A shoddy work in progress is better than nothing ay all. I know you will not be satisfied with this answer so I guess I am wondering why I bothered. I remember you Nine if that is you who was trying yo help me play a better wehr team game. Oh well sorry you're angry. Literally when a game is released and you buy it that is it. That is all they owe you. No post game support, that shit costs.money and resource allocation. For a small studio that is near impossible yet Relic tried.
2 Jul 2013, 05:39 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2013, 00:37 AMRogers
You guys are hilarious. You understand nothing ...

I guess there are many people in this forum, who understand nothing about a few things. isn't that what forums are there for?
I assume, once you realize someone is going to be angry about your writing, sth is wrong.
With regards to content, I am completely with you, and I am super glad, Relic bothered to make the Steam switch at all.
2 Jul 2013, 06:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

So they rather than say fuck you guys like EA would they made an agreement with steam to host on their servers. It quite simply comes down to it was this or multiplayer support would be dropped entirely.

Amen to that.
2 Jul 2013, 06:44 AM

+1 Rogers. We aren't entitled to anything after 6 years. Its not like its by fault of Relic that this steam version shit happened you can thank Ubisoft for that. They have been working on CoH2 for like 2 years and just a few months away from release this happens, its not like they can postpone or neglect supporting a new $60 title to fix a game that makes almost no money.

Not only would that be fucking moronic from a buisiness standpoint, but it would be far worse to blow off support for people that just paid $60 on a new title so that they can please a small amount of people that already got their moneys worth. I'm sure they will fix it when they find time, at least they spent the money to make it half-functional instead of dumping it like almost every other studio/publisher would.
2 Jul 2013, 06:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

this pretty much summs what i think of this thread.

i was gonna say something constructive afterwards, but the damn squirrel is just sooo cute. :D
2 Jul 2013, 08:45 AM

You guys are hilarious. You understand nothing about budgets or resource allocations of a company who's job it is to turn a profit.

Sorry, not all of us can reach the giddying heights of understanding that comes with being a, 'senior caster'.
2 Jul 2013, 17:41 PM

RIP COH1.

With fond memories of you - we're now forced to play COH2.
2 Jul 2013, 18:54 PM

Nope we don't have to play coh2 if we don't want to. Maybe in some months down the road, I will transition over but have no desire to do so at the current time.
2 Jul 2013, 19:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge

did they give an exact date when it would be fixed... no they didn't in fact they basically said no work will be done on it till after coh2 is released. so that means that they are already doing work for it behind the scenes or they haven't gotten to it yet, the only thing we know is that they promised they'd do it. they never really said when.

also to all those saying why dont' you stop working on coh2 and work on coh1... everyone who just paid 60-100 dollars gets fucked over great job guys...
3 Jul 2013, 03:36 AM

When I purchased vcoh or the expansion they didn't say I only can use it for 6 years, did they?
I know someone at the UCLA School of Law, I will just ask him.
3 Jul 2013, 04:53 AM

Sorry, not all of us can reach the giddying heights of understanding that comes with being a, 'senior caster'.

No its common sense, has nothing to do with my position on a forum dude.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak