Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
8 Aug 2013, 22:35 PM

People comparing Blizzards resources to Relic, do not understand what they are talking about. At all.
9 Aug 2013, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2013, 22:35 PMRogers
People comparing Blizzards resources to Relic, do not understand what they are talking about. At all.

Obviously Relic is not as big as Blizzard, and I'm not saying they have to put out the same support, but having VCoH be unplayable for some people is not helping the cause to make CoH a relevant e-sport.

Alls I was saying is them not updating VCoH in 2 years and then doing the server transfer in a non-graceful way didn't CoH2 look too hot. For the record I can still play VCoH fine, automatch takes slightly longer and there are some error messages, but given the abundance of other people complaining about it, I'm assuming there is something wrong.

People who are loyal to VCoH will transfer when they are ready to, and I believe that a lot of them feel as if they are being abandoned by Relic. Not saying they're right to think that, and I'm sure Relic is trying hard to do all this stuff at once, but that seems to be the perception right now among a lot of players. A patch to straighten out automatching in VCoH would do leagues to better people's perception of VCoH/CoH 2/Relic in general. Hope that clears up what I meant.
12 Aug 2013, 02:30 AM

Now I am going to get flamed by a lot of people pissed at Relic who are trolling this thread. But Relic is aware and they are unhappy as well with the state of online COH1. There resources now are focused on the new game they just released. It is in the road map and will be addressed. Hopefully at some point in time Pounder can release the Q&A we got with Quinn Duffy and Gregg Wilson, we got to ask some tough questions at the community summit.
12 Aug 2013, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 02:30 AMRogers
Now I am going to get flamed by a lot of people pissed at Relic who are trolling this thread. But Relic is aware and they are unhappy as well with the state of online COH1. There resources now are focused on the new game they just released. It is in the road map and will be addressed. Hopefully at some point in time Pounder can release the Q&A we got with Quinn Duffy and Gregg Wilson, we got to ask some tough questions at the community summit.

dont believe everything you read
12 Aug 2013, 13:06 PM

since coh2 i believe in DLC´s, nothing else...
12 Aug 2013, 17:40 PM

That'll be the answer. Oh you guys want COH fixed? Here is a DLC (that you will have to pay for) to fix COH back to how it was, prior to us breaking it. Sincerely, Sega/Relic.
12 Aug 2013, 18:32 PM

That'll be the answer. Oh you guys want COH fixed? Here is a DLC (that you will have to pay for) to fix COH back to how it was, prior to us breaking it. Sincerely, Sega/Relic.

Quite frankly I think given how poor a product COH2 turned out Sega would probably make a LOT of $ here if they did exactly what you suggest.

I certainly know I'd cough up for some COH1 DLC that gave us the old servers and patched the maphack/lagdroppers - and I think I wouldn't be the only one that'd gladly do the same.
12 Aug 2013, 18:51 PM

The server migration went down in a less than graceful manner because THQ was sold off in pieces and the servers and the contracts would have to be picked up and renegotiated by Sega who bought Relic for it's future sales. They get nothing from keeping vCoH alive but goodwill and I'm surprised they did. From a business stand point all it brings is goodwill and community support. You guys are all jumping down their throat when if they were EA they would of shut that beatch down to maximize CoH2 profits. Relic has already said they have to focus manpower and resources on CoH2 to make sure the game and studio survive. If they split their time between the 2 (vCoH and CoH2) and neither effort is enough then they will have failed miserably. Instead if they shore up CoH2 balance and get the leader boards up as indicated by CoH2.org trending then they can devote time into vCoH for the good of the community. It will not benefit Sega other than goodwill but of course no one sees it that way. You guys just don't like the fact they messed with your favorite toy. It's not broken just take longer to play with. It gets that way when you get older and vCoH is no spring chicken. Entitlement maybe???
12 Aug 2013, 19:07 PM

Wow, someone else with common sense.^

*Nine, also. I didn't read any of that what I said. I WAS AT RELIC, talking to the developers of the game. I think I know and have a better formed opinion about the future of vcoh than you do.
12 Aug 2013, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 19:07 PMRogers
Wow, someone else with common sense.^

*Nine, also. I didn't read any of that what I said. I WAS AT RELIC, talking to the developers of the game. I think I know and have a better formed opinion about the future of vcoh than you do.

those are words, ideas, and plans.
worth nothing till we have it, till we can use our game like it was.

ps: btw do you think I care about your better formed opinion or that you were at relic?
you should stop licking their ass, and defend their bad product.

12 Aug 2013, 20:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 20:12 PMnin3

those are words, ideas, and plans.
worth nothing till we have it, till we can use our game like it was.

ps: btw do you think I care about your better formed opinion or that you were at relic?
you should stop licking their ass, and defend their bad product.

You should be so happy, nin3.The leader of the disentitled, Ping Ping, has reemerged from exile today. (God help us all)
12 Aug 2013, 20:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Please nin3, I know you are pissed off by this situation and it's totally understandable (I even uninstalled the game till it gets patched again) but try to moderate yourself :) With Steam summer sales and the current Humble Bundle I'm sure you can find some games to play while you wait ;)
12 Aug 2013, 21:00 PM

Please nin3, I know you are pissed off by this situation and it's totally understandable (I even uninstalled the game till it gets patched again) but try to moderate yourself :) With Steam summer sales and the current Humble Bundle I'm sure you can find some games to play while you wait ;)

steam summer sale is over
12 Aug 2013, 21:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Yeah but don't tell me you didn't buy a single game during that period :P

Btw: http://www.humblebundle.com/

So many games :D
12 Aug 2013, 22:02 PM

You should be so happy, nin3.The leader of the disentitled, Ping Ping, has reemerged from exile today. (God help us all)

So because I'm not a blind COH 2 fanboy such as yourself - maybe I should make my point that little bit clearer.

I'M SAYING I'D LIKE TO GIVE RELIC MONEY SO I CAN PLAY COH 1.

See? Relic? Money? Take Please?

I understand the budget costs and reality of business - and I understand COH 1 is an older game - so that said I also understand that there's a large COH community out there that would ALSO understand this and they in turn would understand that Relic would require FUNDS to continue supporting COH 1.

Now surely that wasn't too hard to understand now was it?
12 Aug 2013, 23:30 PM

I'd donate $20, assuming they fixed it in a timely manner and downgrade me from the ripoff COH2 CE I purchased.
12 Aug 2013, 23:44 PM

I'm sure if Relic was as close to the community as they are to some of their closest "fans" they use to spread their agenda, they would understand the distress, aggression, frustration that their actual fans are feeling with a game they either grew up with, have a passion for, or just simply prefer over their recent product. If my friend had money issues, all he would have to do is ask me. I'm not talking about thousands of dollars. If Relic, CoH2.org, GameReplays.org just did a simple poll on how many people would be willing to donate for a patch for the New Steam version of Company of Heroes, I estimate anywhere between 1,000-15,000 fans would donate "something." Most fans being older and more mature now, I assume it wouldn't even be a problem. I don't know exactly how much it would cost to develop something we would be satisfied with, it isn't much, at at least connection issues. Maybe it's time that Relic is struggling with...I don't know, but if it's a monetary issue I just want Relic to know I would donate to them and they shouldn't be embarrassed to ask me for money for a service I expect from them. I guess I'm rambling now about nothing, but I just wanted to express my opinion on the situation

Smack on.

We're not asking for much as COH 1 is very complete as it is - no need for balancing or new units or game modes or skins or maps or ANYTHING that would take significant resources.

All we need is the network maintenance that provides the gaming architecture - nothing more.

I'm sure there's a lot of us old COH players that would definitely contribute to this.

Its not resource intensive and it shouldn't take away any of the direction the company is trying to take their franchise in with COH 2 - you just put on a small team on contract and get them to update the MINOR issues with COH 1 and then you can SELL it as COH DLC that MANY COH players would gladly accept.

Sega makes money - Relic makes money - and we get COH back.

Win - Win - Win - it quite frankly doesn't get any simpler than that.
13 Aug 2013, 16:28 PM

.... and then you can SELL it as COH DLC that MANY COH players would gladly accept.

You can't sell network fix. How u imagine it? One who buys - suddenly has no p2p problems, one who doesn't still does? And both of those versions exist simultaneously???
13 Aug 2013, 17:17 PM

You can't sell network fix. How u imagine it? One who buys - suddenly has no p2p problems, one who doesn't still does? And both of those versions exist simultaneously???

Why couldn't it be say the DLC was effectively a code that enabled you access to a new server which then required a new patch etc?

Sure it's now divergent from COH 1 - BUT you have a supported version where you're "DLC" is actually support?

COH would exist on as it does now - COH (New Steam Version) - and with it you can still play as it stands today - the single player options and the gimped multiplayer with all it's short comings. BUT then DLC version - which you pay say $10 for - would enable you to access the "premium" server - so that nobody is disenfranchised.

Think of it as BF3 Premium - you're just paying for the "privilege" of a superior gaming experience.

Sure DLC sucks - and sure the whole movement of the industry to user pays - and then pays some more sucks too - BUT when you look at the lifespan of COH1, you could fairly argue that it's not "unfair" to expect users to kick in a bit more to continue that game.

Though we all know these thoughts will never eventuate - so COH will remain as it does now and I don't see that changing any time soon UNLESS there's a financial incentive - money makes the world go round unfortunately.
PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS