Login

russian armor

COH Steam gonna get fixed?

PAGES (18)down
25 Jul 2013, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 13:28 PMwuff

Steam was the spawn of evil when it arrived, now it is a beloved part of PC gaming for most people and changed and some say saved PC gaming.

People are complaining that COH2 is not a polished as COH1, Relic could have just reskinned COH1 and sold it as COH2 and then people would be complaining that it is too similar or a cheap reskin.

What Relic have created is a different game, a game which does work but has some bugs like all games ever launched.

Surely you didnt read the critics and didnt follow the game from alpha to release. I wont rephrase it for you since its all over this webside.
25 Jul 2013, 14:23 PM

Surely you didnt read the critics and didnt follow the game from alpha to release. I wont rephrase it for you since its all over this webside.

I did not play the alpha, I played some of the beta.

I have read a lot of the criticisms and some I completely agree with, the networking is horrid at the moment, but I have also read quite a few posts comparing COH2 to COH in terms of mechanics and gameplay.
25 Jul 2013, 14:28 PM

If you want more information about it why don't you email them or post on their site?

i wrote 7 mails the last six weeks, no answer. i started 3 topics in the forum (2 deleted, 1 closed).

i was just asking what are the plans for the future ( we all know ur busy atm with coh2, no problem) but please let coh1 not die and give a final support to run the steamversiom without bugs, not more!

You dont get any information, no answer to my mails and locking my topics is not nice, i payed so many € to them (coh1 and 2 expansion packs, coh2 CE) and its not possible to get information out to their customers? come on......we just want an info, nothing more
25 Jul 2013, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 14:23 PMwuff

..., but I have also read quite a few posts comparing COH2 to COH in terms of mechanics and gameplay.

Then i guess you didnt understand what you was reading. The comparison to coh1 was mentioned, because stuff which didnt work in coh2, was "fixed" by its predecessor.
25 Jul 2013, 15:20 PM
Patrion 14

game still works for me[..]

Are you kidding? WHile try to get a ranked game each 10 seconds i get a error message, i can join one of 10 lobby games, in game chat is gone, number of hackker increase daramaticly (just take a look at what Relic calls Leaderboard), 2gg2 AT is mixed with random no more ladder so AT is also gone. It´s horrible.

How do you want to host an event if the players dont even see their opponents games, and even if they see it they can´t join because of these nice new erros.

i was just asking what are the plans for the future ( we all know ur busy atm with coh2, no problem) but please let coh1 not die and give a final support to run the steamversiom without bugs, not more!

You wont get an answer from relic if you are not one of the privileged few. I tried it for years. And as far as i know they font have any plans for CoH1.

I would pay 50 bugs for a fixed version of CoH1, about 100 times better then CoH2 will ever be.
25 Jul 2013, 17:37 PM

There are problems in automatch, yes. Every once in a while I get lucky and will get matched against equal skilled players. Clearly the pool of players is down, so your chance to match is tough.

So, Darwinian law, you have to adapt. Anytime I played a GG, I asked player to add me on Steam. Now I have a pool of about 10 players. Whenever I go on, if they're on, we play basic match. problem solved.

Will this let you rank up or affect leader board? No. But that's broken anyway with the drop hack inflated stats.

So you can complain and do nothing and the pool of players continues to shrink, or you find ways to play and maybe slowly more and more people come back.

I agree, I don't think it's in relic's interest to fix COH. The ones playing there aren't in COH2. So why give them an easier way to not upgrade to new game.

I also agree 1000000% with Mortality. There was no reason to totally start from scratch with COH2. It was like they tasked the devs to not use anything good from COH. You have the benefit of a proven model which is highest rated RTS ever and has been polished. You learned from your mistakes. So now you reinvent everything and then yell at people to give it time because COH took years as well.

Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

If the COH2 player base is around 5-8k now, that's pretty much what COH was at in the last days of the old server. I know that doesn't reflect sales because Relic could care less once you buy the game if you don't play. But it does reflect player interest. So it won't be long before you have COH2 players crying about automatch, not getting gg, hacks, etc. At least I still have my $60 dollars though.
25 Jul 2013, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 13:28 PMwuff

People are complaining that COH2 is not a polished as COH1, Relic could have just reskinned COH1 and sold it as COH2 and then people would be complaining that it is too similar or a cheap reskin.

That's exactly WHAT WE WANT! Same game - just fix CHEATING/LAGS, add Multiplayer FEATURES!!!

COH2 is a CHEAP GAME!!! It is so simplified that it's boring for competitive play.

BTW! COH1 doesn't work at all. 1v1 is a bit laggy..., everything more then 2 players is impossible to play. No game gets working at ALLLLLLLLL!!!

.... seriously, things are really broken here
25 Jul 2013, 21:47 PM

I would say that I have given up on coh1..... BUT what some one said - that now days I ONLY play with the pool of players that i have - good players and we play good games.

ONLY reason to ply coh now.
26 Jul 2013, 07:38 AM

Noun 'Jul 25 2013 05:57

We are currently focused on CoH 2 but will be turning our attention to the original game as soon as we can. We've invested a lot of time and money to help save it from shutdown and move it to the new Steam servers and will continue to support it.

However we don't have an ETA to provide at this point.

no timeline but its on the radar
26 Jul 2013, 09:53 AM

no timeline but its on the radar
RIIIGHT.....

Like a fart in space...
26 Jul 2013, 15:40 PM

RIIIGHT.....

Like a fart in space...

+1
6 Aug 2013, 06:21 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 17:37 PMwehrman
There are problems in automatch, yes. Every once in a while I get
I also agree 1000000% with Mortality. There was no reason to totally start from scratch with COH2. It was like they tasked the devs to not use anything good from COH. You have the benefit of a proven model which is highest rated RTS ever and has been polished. You learned from your mistakes. So now you reinvent everything and then yell at people to give it time because COH took years as well.

There was a reason. CoH1 was a game which was good ratet by some game magazins but i fact sold not aws expectet. So they made some chance. I am not sure if the understand that the bad seeling numbers were in fact a result of bad marketing while the game was in matters of concept good. I think they misinterpreted the situation and changed the game play too. Keep in mind there are not many people from the original CoH1 team left.

Plus the game isnt made for competitive gameplay, they earn there money mostly with the guys who buy the game, play camapgne and proceed to the next game. Competitive play makes no money, so why support it?
7 Aug 2013, 08:19 AM

because u can already buy it, a game that u can buy has to be supported, so cmon guys.....give coh1 a final support!!!
7 Aug 2013, 15:14 PM

I really would like to see coh1 working (as it was) but realistically it wont happen. Maybe they had some intention to do so, but they cant, no man power, sega dont care, and they have bigger problems (coh2 ladder)
So it was a smart marketing move saying "it will be fixes soon" but it ends there.

Unfortunately its dead. To wait 1-2 hours to get a game, which will end (50%) with drops (lagg, sync, or due afk player cos the waiting time to get a game) will make the still active players go away.
7 Aug 2013, 18:52 PM

If they need money to run and suport it.. just make a small monthly payment to play it, how hard can that be... but, however, just fix game pls.... toons of players are waiting!
7 Aug 2013, 19:53 PM

Waited 4 hours, to get 3 games today, none of the were played. lagged then dropped, didnt load, sync.

And this game was working few months ago. Relic, why did you do it? Why dont you fix it?
7 Aug 2013, 23:12 PM

I too am hoping for the best but I doubt they will fix it :/

They are probably mad that all their effort they put into COH2 made a game less worthwhile than COH.
8 Aug 2013, 02:20 AM

All I'm going to say is the last time Blizzard patched Warcraft 3 was in 2011. The game came out in 2003 making it an 8 year old game at the time. And they had 3 blockbuster titles out/in development (WoW, SC2, Diablo 3) that they were supporting.
Obviously Relic is not as big as Blizzard, and I'm not saying they have to put out the same support, but having VCoH be unplayable for some people is not helping the cause to make CoH a relevant e-sport.
And saying, "Oh we have bigger priorities with our new game" is not a legitimate excuse. If you want people to migrate to a new sequel, you don't just drop support for the old one. Then people who dislike the new one are screwed. When Starcraft 2 came out, some people didn't like it as much as Starcraft 1. So they went back and kept playing BW. Then when they were ready to come into the new game they could come in whenever and not feel like the company had abandoned them.

Also, on a complete side note, why were people making such a big deal out of "true-sight"? Warcraft 3 had the same system with their line of sight around trees/cliffs.
MVGame
But seriously they had that shit.
8 Aug 2013, 05:22 AM

All I'm going to say is the last time Blizzard patched Warcraft 3 was in 2011. The game came out in 2003 making it an 8 year old game at the time. And they had 3 blockbuster titles out/in development (WoW, SC2, Diablo 3) that they were supporting.
Obviously Relic is not as big as Blizzard, and I'm not saying they have to put out the same support, but having VCoH be unplayable for some people is not helping the cause to make CoH a relevant e-sport.
And saying, "Oh we have bigger priorities with our new game" is not a legitimate excuse. If you want people to migrate to a new sequel, you don't just drop support for the old one. Then people who dislike the new one are screwed. When Starcraft 2 came out, some people didn't like it as much as Starcraft 1. So they went back and kept playing BW. Then when they were ready to come into the new game they could come in whenever and not feel like the company had abandoned them.

Also, on a complete side note, why were people making such a big deal out of "true-sight"? Warcraft 3 had the same system with their line of sight around trees/cliffs.
MVGame
But seriously they had that shit.

+1

This is a shame, NO game, not in auto, not in basic, man, i payed Vanilla, OF and ToV, this is SO FRUSTRATING. This shouldn't be neither permitted nor legal.
8 Aug 2013, 17:26 PM

Look, I would love to see a patch or at least get us some of the things like leader board, map check off, fix drop hack auto win, etc.

But I don't get this unplayable thing. I've got almost 500 games and I'm not playing crazy hours. I play about 15-20 hours a week, at probably the worst time to get a game because all of Europe is off.

When you play a game and it's a GG, add that person to steam. I now have about 15 regular players around my skill level that I can basic match if auto isn't pulling anybody through.

Also, in the chat room ask if someone wants to 1v1. You'd be surprised how many games you get.

Automatch would be great, but it's broken. No one is their real level so it's worthless anyway. Adapt or die.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS