Login

russian armor

COMET needs buff, either health or armor.

17 Nov 2015, 20:19 PM

I'll take comet over panther.
17 Nov 2015, 23:39 PM

I'll take comet over panther.

You'll give it back the moment you'll encounter first IS-2, EZ-8, 34/85 or plain AT gun :snfPeter:
17 Nov 2015, 23:48 PM

Comet is way more universal then a panther, the range, AI abilities, and I'm sure it's able to self spot. (Correct me if I'm wrong) pretty good for a medium tank. The speed is Awsome, vet is Awsome on it. I don't expect it to fight heavy armour, that's what firefly is for?
18 Nov 2015, 00:13 AM

Comet is way more universal then a panther, the range, AI abilities, and I'm sure it's able to self spot. (Correct me if I'm wrong) pretty good for a medium tank. The speed is Awsome, vet is Awsome on it. I don't expect it to fight heavy armour, that's what firefly is for?

Comet is also located in the faction that have one of the strongest AI potential from basic infantry.
Comets AI goes to waste because of it.
18 Nov 2015, 00:20 AM

Pershing need buff, Comet makes him like a joke.
18 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 00:13 AMKatitof

Comet is also located in the faction that have one of the strongest AI potential from basic infantry.
Comets AI goes to waste because of it.

So your telling me since the infantry are good AI, then that just makes the comets AI useless? Or are you hinting more of an AT roll should be implemented therefore having it completely out class any other tank of its kind? And make fireflys redundant? Not quite following you here..
18 Nov 2015, 18:05 PM

So your telling me since the infantry are good AI, then that just makes the comets AI useless? Or are you hinting more of an AT roll should be implemented therefore having it completely out class any other tank of its kind? And make fireflys redundant? Not quite following you here..

I'm telling you its AI or lack of it for the sake of penetration doesn't impact faction at all.

It wouldn't outclass any other tank of its kind, because there is just a single competitor-panther, with greater scaling and much greater penetration as well as greater armor all while having lesser cost.

It outclasses firefly already by a long shot because of FF once-a-blue-moon reload and the need to use 100 muni every time you want to have a chance at killing any armor instead of scaring it off.
18 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 18:05 PMKatitof

I'm telling you its AI or lack of it for the sake of penetration doesn't impact faction at all.

It wouldn't outclass any other tank of its kind, because there is just a single competitor-panther, with greater scaling and much greater penetration as well as greater armor all while having lesser cost.

It outclasses firefly already by a long shot because of FF once-a-blue-moon reload and the need to use 100 muni every time you want to have a chance at killing any armor instead of scaring it off.

Panther or Comet - which would you prefer?
18 Nov 2015, 18:16 PM

I think what ultimately makes the Comet so extremely good is how well it blends with allied abilities like the Sappers Emergency war speed repair, command vehicle et al.
18 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 18:08 PMGdot

Panther or Comet - which would you prefer?

In vacuum or in the context of the faction they are in?
Against what kind of target?
What situation?

The choice isn't obvious here, even for me, but I'd personally go for panther for the possibility of panzer tactician, MGs being decent vs inf while stationary, greater survivability in general and better vet(vet2 to be specific).

Comet will end up with greater firepower at vet, but it'll be just as squishy as vet0 one and I prefer to outlast then to outgun.
18 Nov 2015, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 18:20 PMKatitof

In vacuum or in the context of the faction they are in?
Against what kind of target?
What situation?

The choice isn't obvious here, even for me, but I'd personally go for panther for the possibility of panzer tactician, MGs being decent vs inf while stationary, greater survivability in general and better vet(vet2 to be specific).

Comet will end up with greater firepower at vet, but it'll be just as squishy as vet0 one and I prefer to outlast then to outgun.

Are there any allied units in the game that are stronger than their axis 'counterpart'.

Yes this is unrelated but I just wanted to hear what you would say :foreveralone: /
18 Nov 2015, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 18:36 PMGdot

Are there any allied units in the game that are stronger than their axis 'counterpart'.

Yes this is unrelated but I just wanted to hear what you would say :foreveralone: /

Obviously :sibPheasant:

I wanted to say IS-2, but Tiger got pen and range buff, which pretty much makes them equal :guyokay:

But AA units are good examples for starter.

Can't say rifles and tommies, because there is meaningful cost difference there.

Cons can be better then grens, but you are forced for weapon upgrade doctrine and vet3 for it to happen.
18 Nov 2015, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 18:36 PMGdot

riflemen, m20, centaur, churchill, at sniper, 6pdr, stuart, Rear echelons (duo upgrade and vet adding a model), brits emplacements outclasses other emplacements, infantry section, su76.

just a few who came to my mind.

dont get me started on elite troops
18 Nov 2015, 20:04 PM

The comet is fine, if you want armour, build a churchill, if you want AT with excellent range, build a firefly. Comet is an excellent generalist tank that does a good job AI, and does a good job AT. Don't expect it to tango with Panthers or Tigers. If you buff comet health or armour. Fireflys would be a think of the past
18 Nov 2015, 21:10 PM
Patrion 14

19 Nov 2015, 02:15 AM

Comets are fine and perform their role on the battlefield.
19 Nov 2015, 08:39 AM

Fix their projectile plz, you can't attack ground with Comet so Axis tank with smoke just laugh at poor Comet.
19 Nov 2015, 14:18 PM

Just nerf this guy's ability to make threads.
19 Nov 2015, 14:25 PM

Give it a projectile so panzer smoke isn't so much pure skill outplay ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Russian Federation 18
United States 12
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W