Rework Assault Grenadiers

Ok with the suggestions?
Option Distribution Votes
73%
27%
Total votes: 63
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
15 Nov 2015, 14:31 PM

As the title implies, make assgrens 2cp unit with 330ish mp cost, better rec. accuracy, better mp40 dps, longer sprint and give stg44 to panzergrenadier model. Ostheer lacks this kinda infantry and panzergrenadiers are just too squishy against brits and bar rifles. That's what I think.
15 Nov 2015, 15:24 PM

+1000 thousand...maybe do something about axis medium armor also
15 Nov 2015, 17:48 PM

15 Nov 2015, 18:17 PM

leave mp40, change stats

the mp44 has a bitch weapon sound compared to mp40, therefore more dakka = better
15 Nov 2015, 18:34 PM

No need to rework, just buff. Actually, what does the word 'rework' even mean?
Make all of the squad's models have armor instead of just one, maybe?
I'd prefer them be ultra meaty shields than high DPS tbh <444>3
15 Nov 2015, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 18:34 PMJaedrik
No need to rework, just buff. Actually, what does the word 'rework' even mean?
Make all of the squad's models have armor instead of just one, maybe?
I'd prefer them be ultra meaty shields than high DPS tbh <444>3

I actually really agree with this. Comparing the ost design with vCOH wher, the lack of a SMG meatshield unit for the MG is just really sad.

Add to that, they arnt even stock units. D:
15 Nov 2015, 23:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 23:06 PMJ1N6666

I actually really agree with this. Comparing the ost design with vCOH wher, the lack of a SMG meatshield unit for the MG is just really sad.

Add to that, they arnt even stock units. D:

Uh, none of the factions have a stock SMG meatshield unit. Only one that comes close are Royal Engineers, but they're just overpowered.
15 Nov 2015, 23:43 PM
Benefactor 115

Personally I'd like to see Assault grens to have an STG44 upgrade, although the only issue with this is that it makes PGs somewhat less useful.
16 Nov 2015, 00:14 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I would like Ass Grens to be more than a 6 men Pioneer squad without any useful abilities. They aren't even good as an early capping unit because cons beat them to death with sticks (I won't even talk about T-800 Rifle Squads). I think alligning them to Schocks in their behaviour would work.

(I don't mean giving them body armor because that was never used by German forces as I am aware but just tweak their stats a bit)
Hat
16 Nov 2015, 01:43 AM

I would like Ass Grens to be more than a 6 men Pioneer squad without any useful abilities. They aren't even good as an early capping unit because cons beat them to death with sticks

They can rush forward and dominate at close range. They're fine.
16 Nov 2015, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 01:43 AMHat

They're fairly similar to old Scripts with their horrid scaling right now...with even less utility. I wouldn't say a rework of their concept is necessary, but I wouldn't say to do nothing with them.
16 Nov 2015, 02:02 AM
Patrion 28

they're fine for the first couple of minute and upping the CP requirements means they're not available at the beginning of the game, reducing the number of openings. i'd rather their vet was buffed. that doesn't help if they die and you want to call them in later but the same issue exists with most of the light vehicles and they still have a place.
16 Nov 2015, 02:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 01:43 AMHat

Assault grens are probably only good for the 1-2 minutes in the game. And if they try to rush, they'll probably be down enough member that you will lose the firefight. People say Cons don't scale, but Assault Gren scaling is so bad that they might as well be renamed "LOS Blocker Huggers" as that's the only way for them to get in their effective range without being mowed down. People never go Assault Support for them. What they go for is for the Stug E for a sort of shock unit, Tiger and some sort of off-map artillery. Regular Grens can generally do the job, scale well, can fasut vehicles and Pioneers when grouped with them can protect them against those who want to close in as well as provide LOS.

They should be changed. Personally I would want them to have an STG44 upgrade, but that overlaps with PGs and Flamers may make people rage given how it's a five man squad. Maybe make them come later, but make them better on the move and make them a unit that wants to be constantly moving whereas now they have to stop to start doing effective damage. Works for other SMG troops as their SMGs are better, but not for Assault Grens. Give them unique veterancy that adds to this like better received accuracy modifiers when moving for their Vet 1, lower recharge and cost on Sprint,

Also, I think their grenades need to be reworked. It works for Infiltration Grenades as it's so cheap, but the Grenade Assault for this unit is too expensive at 45 munitions and is member dependent. Just give them a normal stick grenade or even the underwhelming Bundle.
16 Nov 2015, 02:07 AM

1 CP, buff scaling.
16 Nov 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Give them unique veterancy that adds to this like better received accuracy modifiers when moving for their Vet 1, lower recharge and cost on Sprint

I like that idea. I mean, it's literally entirely unique from other SMG units, so capitalizing on that is always cool.
1 CP, buff scaling.

Yeah, probably the way to go. It's not like the unit's remotely viable as Grenadier replacements anyway, so the CP increase isn't much of a loss.
16 Nov 2015, 02:45 AM

Personally I'd like to see Assault grens to have an STG44 upgrade, although the only issue with this is that it makes PGs somewhat less useful.

Just like obers are when you have fallschirms?
16 Nov 2015, 02:46 AM

The models themselves are ok, it's just the MP40 is rubbish with its relatively low dps.

If they changed the stats on MP40 it would make the assgrens a somewhat viable assault unit.
16 Nov 2015, 02:48 AM
Patrion 14

On the one hand, they are useful in an even shorter window than Kubels.

On the other, Mech Assault is already a pretty damn good commander ( just look how many Operation Charlie Fox Ostheer players used it). But that shouldn't affect this poor unit.
16 Nov 2015, 06:31 AM

When I played Wermacht, I played the crap out of Mechanized Assault and loved every second of it. I play mostly allies now, but those were good times. I may have to try them out by myself in 1's again.

Mechanized assault shined when you had to face conscripts that don't really do much at all. The 3 Agren strat can still somewhat work, but you have to really predict enemy movements and be on point with teching and fielding counters.

Problem is with Brits and U.S their long range dps is pretty solid, and their close range is pretty good. So Agrens have to close the distance against some pretty dangerous units now. Riflemen dps is like 6.7 up close if I recall? Agrens is roughly 10? So if you run across a field you'll definitely lose.

I'm not sure how to fix this issue without making them overpowered. If you give them a faust then people may view grens as pointless. The only thing I can think of would be a better vet one. Seriously, anything I'd take anything over that damn medkit. My dream would be vet 1 makes sprint free....that'd be so cool.
16 Nov 2015, 07:02 AM

Give them assault rifles through munitions, like storm troopers, with out the abilities storm troopers have. Even if its just 3 models maybe?

This way they would remain useful but not overpowered at any stage of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 17
South Africa 1
Germany 844
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %