Login

russian armor

Current balance opinions?

13 Nov 2015, 11:16 AM

Your steam is not linked, he cant see your player card.
13 Nov 2015, 11:29 AM

I have to say JohnnyB you called out the puppet-master, he rose to the challenge, unlike you. Now you're just stalling.
13 Nov 2015, 11:33 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 11:29 AMJunaid
I have to say JohnnyB you called out the puppet-master, he rose to the challenge, unlike you. Now you're just stalling.

He wasn't calling me out but someone else. Seeing as he still isn't showing his player card I thought I would give him yet another chance to show it, but of course he wont. Nothing changes.
13 Nov 2015, 11:35 AM

He wasn't calling me out but someone else. Seeing as he still isn't showing his player card I thought I would give him yet another chance to show it, but of course he wont. Nothing changes.

That kind of behaviour isn't right any way
13 Nov 2015, 12:01 PM

Let's all do the playercard dance :snfPeter:

:bananadance: WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PLAYERCARD :bananadance:

Seriously though, it's kind of nice if we all know what is a balance issue and what is a strategy issue.
13 Nov 2015, 12:06 PM

The fact is that I could see it but apparently steam Id was on "Private"?! Why, dunno because I set that thing too... I mean it's there from nearly a week....

I guess everybody can see it now so you can go on with that shit throwing you usualy do against whoever disagrees with you. No matter what my playercard would show, you would do that anyway so why bother.... Pfff....
13 Nov 2015, 12:19 PM

3 patches to balance the fire damage....

...But still commanders and some units are complete useless. I repit, COMPLETE USELESS if u do it u have made a big mistake because they cant do nothing just feeed enemy units or deplete ur resources.
13 Nov 2015, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 08:45 AMJohnnyB

Click on the little soldier bellow my avatar picture.... are we going to discuss playercards? I fail to see the point of it, unless proving that someone plays exclussively one faction which kinda' could rise doubts about his knowledge about how playing other factions feels like.

You have better games as axis, then allies.

What's the problem? Why you post all such post, if you can win with no problem as axis?
13 Nov 2015, 20:46 PM

RELIC please fix game and test your patches before your release them #wish for 2016 :thumb:
13 Nov 2015, 21:03 PM

JohnnyB vs. COH2.org, interesting match up. I would say JohnnyB can't win but he can fight on, since without VP's the game can just drag and drag.

Seriously though, Allies hold advantages in 1v1's and 2v2's. In 3v3's and 4v4's there are a number of advantages which give Axis the lead, but its not huge.

UKF late game is still waaaaaaaaaay too good, and its lack of indirect fire is troubling.

OKW in 3v3 and 4v4 provides some huge advantages (when combined with Wehr) that can rapidly snowball into victory. It still functions in those larger game modes as a spoiler faction. Its high level of synergy is troubling.

USF is ok in larger game modes, but lacks late game armor options that cause it to eventually fall away under heavy German armor.

Soviets are pretty balanced, though only limited number of commander are viable after howie changes.

Wehr is great, absolutely fantastic, in larger games. Has everything it needs and more. Many commanders are viable and many strategies are currently doable. Pwerfer maybe too good in these larger game modes. Brumbar needs cost looked at and grens need some looking into.
14 Nov 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 20:30 PMClarity
It depends on the game type, in 1v1 Allies take the cake and USF is really powerful right now due to Rifle Company. Ostheer is still alright in 1's and OKW is pretty bad in it's current state.

If OKW is so abysmal, then why do I face Okw 80 - 90 % of the time. I play 1v1 rank 400 - 800 and in this range I find OKW to be completely fine.

I find USF to be weaker this patch, although still strong.

I think OKW at higher levels can be UP because allies that are well microed can be devastating. At lower levels where blobs are the norm I think USF can just steamroll OKW.

Usf is nowhere near as OP as people believe IMO.

14 Nov 2015, 14:18 PM

UKF needs to be looked at: currently these guys either steam roll Axis or gg after 5 mins due to your IS being wiped out.
OKW is like a cheese faction now after the LeIG nerf.
14 Nov 2015, 15:10 PM

Balance, 1v1 wise, broadly speaking:
Ostheer is quite weak unless you make use of the Prosttruppen goodness...which is actually op. I like the faction and its design, but since I have forsworn the meta I can only play it for comedic relief these days.
SU is in a good state and inarguably the second strongest faction after US. In contrast to OH you can really work with the core units these days, very much enjoy playing it.
US, well. Would be in a good place if it were not for rifle company which makes it excessively strong. Although I feel rifle vet 3 in general needs to be toned down a little. Still an enjoyable faction.
OKW I rarely play, seems even more fragile than Ostheer, at least its the easier matchup when facing it.
16 Nov 2015, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 20:21 PMAradan

You have better games as axis, then allies.

What's the problem? Why you post all such post, if you can win with no problem as axis?

I used to have better soviet stats but last random 2v2s placed me with noobs. Dat automach :*(...
And only one of my mates wanna play with allied :facepalm:
16 Nov 2015, 07:02 AM

in 2x2 for the Germans it is impossible to play, and also in 1x1
Who is the worst balance in all the time. I think about this in сoh2 stopped playing.
16 Nov 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 06:42 AMJohnnyB

I used to have better soviet stats but last random 2v2s placed me with noobs. Dat automach :*(...
And only one of my mates wanna play with allied :facepalm:

Basically you couldn't find anyone to carry you in randoms. :snfPeter:
16 Nov 2015, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 07:02 AMmaxon
in 2x2 for the Germans it is impossible to play, and also in 1x1
Who is the worst balance in all the time. I think about this in сoh2 stopped playing.

2v2 axis isn't impossible by any means, the only thing you have to do right now is counter the spam with more spam and cheese,

Ostheer - double sniper is almost a must in 2v2, this gives you firepower and works against USF and UKF extremely well (I've had games where I had around 100+ kills on double sniper against double USF)

OKW - Harder to play of course, but rushing a PzII or double obers will get you some edge, if someone thinks that you can't beat rifle blob, try 3 mg34 and double LEIG, those will stop everything that moves on two legs

But for the most part the balance right now is pretty annoying, having USF be a "little" too stronk and axis being in a disadvantage because of the exact same reason makes this game a little dull to play
16 Nov 2015, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 08:37 AMPlaguer

2v2 axis isn't impossible by any means, the only thing you have to do right now is counter the spam with more spam and cheese,

Ostheer - double sniper is almost a must in 2v2, this gives you firepower and works against USF and UKF extremely well (I've had games where I had around 100+ kills on double sniper against double USF)

OKW - Harder to play of course, but rushing a PzII or double obers will get you some edge, if someone thinks that you can't beat rifle blob, try 3 mg34 and double LEIG, those will stop everything that moves on two legs

But for the most part the balance right now is pretty annoying, having USF be a "little" too stronk and axis being in a disadvantage because of the exact same reason makes this game a little dull to play

everytime i try mg spam i just get smoked from all directions. never worked for me against USF
16 Nov 2015, 14:13 PM

everytime i try mg spam i just get smoked from all directions. never worked for me against USF

Obviously dude. You can't make MGs and expect the USF to be dumb enough to not get smoke. You need to be smart enough to realize that if you're spamming MGs, he will try to do that, and that it is wise to play accordingly (plant s-mine fielnds, rush T2 for PGs or 222 for support, relocate MGs after he smokes to behind the smoke, etc)

The games I've played this patch as Ostheer against USF usually go like this, btw: 3 gren + MG survives till 222. Then I think "now what"? I get another MG or sniper usually to help fight rifles since grens lack great viability till LMG42. The biggest problem I've actually had is dealing with Pack howi and Pershing lmao. Most games I lose are late game losing PGs to 1 pershing shot and the pershings crazy alpha damage with it's ability.

tl;dr early game is still ez against USF if you l2p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 12
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %