Login

russian armor

Capable of identifying multiplayer cheaters?

12 Nov 2015, 12:21 PM

Is Relic current on catching cheaters like map hacking? and familiar with the sites that do give the hacks? Its amazing getting artillery on places that for sure were not scouted out.

Just a question.
12 Nov 2015, 12:24 PM

I blindly say yes, without being able to support my statement with any demonstration.
12 Nov 2015, 12:25 PM

You do know some brit arty do not require LOS to use?

Just a question.
12 Nov 2015, 12:43 PM

Maphacks don't allow you to place off map arty without scouting. They don't change the "rules" of the game. Like you can't target units in the fog of war even if you have a maphack.

Edit: Also 99,99 % of all map hack accusations are bullshit. Having a very good sense for the game is almost like a having a legal maphack.
12 Nov 2015, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 12:21 PMiceman

Is Relic current on catching cheaters like map hacking? and familiar with the sites that do give the hacks? Its amazing getting artillery on places that for sure were not scouted out.

Just a question.

Did you watch the replay from the perspective of the guy you think is cheating?
Sometimes it just looks like someone is cheating, but when you look at the replay you see it´s explainable ( for instance crawlers giving los, etc).

There are players who use maphacks, but I think not many... or lets say I hope :blush:
12 Nov 2015, 13:01 PM

Check the replay and look for:

Recon planes

Flares
- Mortar,
- Panzerfüsel,
- OKW Spec Ops flares,
- Conscript trip wire flares (lol)

Camouflaged units like
- Snipers,
- Pathfinders,
- Vet Jägerinfanterie,
- Doctrinal camouflage upgrade for infantry,
- Fallschirmjäger,
- Vet Jagdpanzer IV,
- Vet Luchs

Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 Uhu
Sonderkraftfahrzeug 222 (optional with spotting scopes)
The line of sight buff for the US Recon company Riflemen in cover.

Did I forget something? I´m fairly sure that will cover 99% of the maphack accuses.
12 Nov 2015, 13:17 PM

As long as you're not going to name names this thread can stay up, just make sure you do your research before you take things to Relic.
12 Nov 2015, 13:29 PM

I have been called a hacker in so many games, even banned on a cod4 server, I enjoy it though. It is really a complement if you think about it.
12 Nov 2015, 13:30 PM

Some players have instincts, that includes timing of where your units will be from previous scouting.
12 Nov 2015, 13:38 PM

I just get called a lucky noob :snfPeter: :hansRNG:
12 Nov 2015, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 12:21 PMiceman

Just a question.

They do, but most of the time if you check the replay it wasn't map hacking. Camo'd units, 222s with spotting scopes, and crawlers can give vision in ways that look like map hacks if you're on the receiving end.
12 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 13:01 PMButcher
Snip

Did I forget something? I´m fairly sure that will cover 99% of the maphack accuses.

You are missing the subtles ones.

-Crawling entities
-Tactical/Minimap based abilities. From Kubel vet1, to infantry/armored detection.
-Partisans has legal maphack ability :P
-You can see Xp kickers through FoW
-You can check noise (identifying vehicles) or things been breaking down on FoW
-IR HT is bugged and will permaspot units on tactical map :luvDerp:
-You can know if a building is occupied or not
-Certain constructions leaves rubble/shadows. Heck IIRC the radio from the major is plain visible.
12 Nov 2015, 16:51 PM
Patrion 14

In my experience people who are quick to accuse others of cheating are mostly people who can't come to terms with the fact they lost fair and square and have little to no idea about game mechanics. My favourite was when I was accused of "fire rate cheat" because I used a vet2 su85 to chew through a rather stationary Panzer IV.

There is a million reasons someone should go over first before even considering cheating. When they immediately go to cheating accusations, that speaks scores about them.
12 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM

Watch replay with FoW enabled. Many times I have been called a cheater because I use very limited LoS reveals and good map awareness to drop artillery while attacking somewhere else causing players to not see red smoke. When they turn back around it looks like artillery is landing in the FoW with no warning.

Can you explain what commanders were chosen in the game, and the game in general (no names)? We can probably guess what unit was giving him sneaky LoS.

Just FYI, elite troops plus any doc with spotting scope in Wehr army can vet a scout car to vet 2 immediately and give insane LoS on scoped scout car.
12 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM

I've played a hell of a lot of games and I'm not convinced I've ever encountered a map hacker.

I've been called a cheater at some point in pretty much every game I've ever played though, same as i imagine most people here have.

People throw cheater around to make themselves feel better about getting rekt imo.
12 Nov 2015, 17:01 PM

You are missing the subtles ones.

-Crawling entities
-Tactical/Minimap based abilities. From Kubel vet1, to infantry/armored detection.
-Partisans has legal maphack ability :P
-You can see Xp kickers through FoW
-You can check noise (identifying vehicles) or things been breaking down on FoW
-IR HT is bugged and will permaspot units on tactical map :luvDerp:
-You can know if a building is occupied or not
-Certain constructions leaves rubble/shadows. Heck IIRC the radio from the major is plain visible.
Not missing them. I was referring to actual vision. You can´t launch most offmap artillery strikes into the fog of war. But yes, those all apply to 105, 152, Sexton and Priest.
12 Nov 2015, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 17:01 PMButcher
Not missing them. I was referring to actual vision. You can´t launch most offmap artillery strikes into the fog of war. But yes, those all apply to 105, 152, Sexton and Priest.

OP is kinda obscure. I thought he was referring to getting shelled by indirect fire at locations the opponent "shouldn't" know there was units.
12 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM
Donator 11

It is worth mentioning that if there is any cheater in the game, he is probably at least top 1000 (and named expert AI :P , no thats not what I ment) as maphack is basically everything needed to get there even if you have no clue about the game.
12 Nov 2015, 17:34 PM

Actually genuinely the expert AI cheats. It cheats units, resources and map hacks.
12 Nov 2015, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2015, 12:43 PMGiaA
Maphacks don't allow you to place off map arty without scouting. They don't change the "rules" of the game. Like you can't target units in the fog of war even if you have a maphack.

Edit: Also 99,99 % of all map hack accusations are bullshit. Having a very good sense for the game is almost like a having a legal maphack.

Like in every game :lol:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS