Login

russian armor

Bug causing Fog of War to not display properly

10 Nov 2015, 23:05 PM

Before the hotfix I was getting a bug where the fog of war wasnt displaying properly(entire map was darkened as if in fog of war, but sightlines remained as normal) and it was making it near impossible to play as I couldn't ell my sightlines properly.
It was fixed, but seems to have returned. No fixes seem to be working.

A few quick screenshots(Live game, USF Fog of War enabled):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551967590
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551967459
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551967352

The fog of war is displaying normally on Minimap, but not otherwise.
Further details may provided if needed.

(Also, if this is not in the right section please move it.)
1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 10 Nov 2015, 23:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Did you try verifying your game files?
10 Nov 2015, 23:25 PM

Did you try verifying your game files?

3 or 4 times. It comes back as saying all files were successfully validated. Uninstalling and reinstalling didnt work either.
2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 10 Nov 2015, 23:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Are you Video Drivers up to date? Did you change any Graphical settings?
10 Nov 2015, 23:57 PM

Are you Video Drivers up to date? Did you change any Graphical settings?

I'll try updating my drivers. The only graphical setting I changed was forcing it to use my laptop's internal graphics, as they were offering better performance. Perhaps that could be causing the problem.

EDIT: AFter doing both of these things, the problems seems to have been fixed. Thank you for your help.
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 11 Nov 2015, 01:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'll try updating my drivers. The only graphical setting I changed was forcing it to use my laptop's internal graphics, as they were offering better performance. Perhaps that could be causing the problem.

EDIT: AFter doing both of these things, the problems seems to have been fixed. Thank you for your help.

Sweet :)
16 Feb 2016, 19:47 PM

Im having the same problem from using a new laptop and I updated all my drivers is there something special you did to fix this problem?
19 Feb 2016, 21:30 PM

How can i update drivers??? Tho i have the same problem pls!!!
4 of 4 Relic postsRelic 19 Feb 2016, 23:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Depends on your card type. I have a Nvidia Card, so I use the Nvidia Experience Program to keep my drivers up to date.
20 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

I have intel hd graphics and i update now my drivers to latest from a min and my game is still with same problem
20 Feb 2016, 08:26 AM

I solve it need restat pc! And now i have fog of war! Super happy :))
15 Apr 2016, 07:52 AM

I'm having a similar problem. The game displays normally but the fog of war isn't there. So, I can't tell where my line of sight ends. I've tried reinstalling drivers and varifying game cache. I'm playing with graphics on high (anitaliasing off).
25 Apr 2016, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2016, 07:52 AMSchmitz
I'm having a similar problem. The game displays normally but the fog of war isn't there. So, I can't tell where my line of sight ends. I've tried reinstalling drivers and varifying game cache. I'm playing with graphics on high (anitaliasing off).

Well I have too reinstall windows because my hard disk got F****d and I have latest drivers but Fog of war still not display pls help???
26 Apr 2016, 07:09 AM

What graphics card are you using?
26 Apr 2016, 07:12 AM

intel HD graphics
26 Apr 2016, 07:13 AM

I tried every thing and nothing had worked out
Hope that CoH2 will release some hot fix!!!!
26 Apr 2016, 07:26 AM

Yea OK, so I'm also using that. Basically, you've got 2 options, neither of which are perfect.

1) you can go to device manager and click display adapters. Right click on the Intel HD graphics and go to properties, then go to drivers, then click roll back drivers. You'll also have to block the driver from auto updating. This option will fix the fog and make the game look better but it will also give you white riflemen and also some other white units...

2) leave it as is.

I went with option one since I don't really play US.
26 Apr 2016, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 07:26 AMSchmitz
Yea OK, so I'm also using that. Basically, you've got 2 options, neither of which are perfect.

1) you can go to device manager and click display adapters. Right click on the Intel HD graphics and go to properties, then go to drivers, then click roll back drivers. You'll also have to block the driver from auto updating. This option will fix the fog and make the game look better but it will also give you white riflemen and also some other white units...

2) leave it as is.

I went with option one since I don't really play US.

Well my faction is US so I can't roll back in some weird circumstances but I tried to install again a special intel graphic driver that is made special for this kind of game coruptions! But that didn't work in all I tried something block after I install it my driver keep going to the version that was before! I hate windows 10
26 Apr 2016, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 07:44 AMWerme

Well my faction is US so I can't roll back in some weird circumstances but I tried to install again a special intel graphic driver that is made special for this kind of game coruptions! But that didn't work in all I tried something block after I install it my driver keep going to the version that was before! I hate windows 10

Well, I guess you'll need to get a new faction cause not many people are having this problem so I doubt it'll be fixed anytime soon. Best thing we can hope for is that Intel puts out a driver update.
26 Apr 2016, 09:56 AM

yeah good say!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight