Login

russian armor

Aiming for top 50 1v1 Any mentors out there to help?

10 Nov 2015, 13:45 PM

So I was a reasonable CoH1 player lvl 16 with USA and Wehr but it took the help of a mentor to get there.

I am now able to play CoH2 competitively so aiming for top 100 in all factions and then top 50 for 1 or 2 factions. Anyway I've got a long way to go so if any decent players are able to help I am willing to do what it takes to improve.

Heres my profile http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198006638848/standings

Obviously I have a mic, time zone is GMT+12 (New Zealand) but I'm flexible on my hours so I can be up at anytime.
15 Nov 2015, 14:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge

G'day!

Quite the goal you have, I reckon you haven't found a mentor as of yet? If you haven't, feel free to add me: -HOI- Yukiko. And I'll see what I can do. Should be able to get you up to the 200 range, at the very least.

So I was a reasonable CoH1 player lvl 16 with USA and Wehr but it took the help of a mentor to get there.

I am now able to play CoH2 competitively so aiming for top 100 in all factions and then top 50 for 1 or 2 factions. Anyway I've got a long way to go so if any decent players are able to help I am willing to do what it takes to improve.

Heres my profile http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198006638848/standings

Obviously I have a mic, time zone is GMT+12 (New Zealand) but I'm flexible on my hours so I can be up at anytime.
15 Nov 2015, 14:31 PM

First of all you should take a look at the "faction ranks" so it would be an easy way to go with soviet, USF and UKF.
15 Nov 2015, 14:38 PM

USF is literally the easiest way to get a good placement rank in your first 10 games currently.
15 Nov 2015, 15:49 PM

If you were 16 w/ US and Wehr and CoH1 I think you've mastered the game mechanics enough to not need a mentor. All you need to do is spam enough games to shake the dust off, the meta game has been so one dimensional for a while you will have a pretty good grasp on it in about 50 games.
15 Nov 2015, 16:31 PM

If you were 16 w/ US and Wehr and CoH1 I think you've mastered the game mechanics enough to not need a mentor. All you need to do is spam enough games to shake the dust off, the meta game has been so one dimensional for a while you will have a pretty good grasp on it in about 50 games.

didnt you want to leave this forum?
16 Nov 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 14:22 PMYukiko
G'day!

Quite the goal you have, I reckon you haven't found a mentor as of yet? If you haven't, feel free to add me: -HOI- Yukiko. And I'll see what I can do. Should be able to get you up to the 200 range, at the very least.

Added on steam. Thank you so much for the offer!
16 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

I disagree, even at my best I was still learning from my mentor. Even though I was good enough to win vs him some of the time, there was still things I missed from my game that he noticed. I also may have beaten a fair few of the top players on my day, but I was still outclassed by the very best.

There's a huge gap between the top 100 players and the top 10. There's always room for improvement and nobody has truly mastered this game. Even the best players in the world in any sport get support on their game.
23 Nov 2015, 10:55 AM

I disagree, even at my best I was still learning from my mentor. Even though I was good enough to win vs him some of the time, there was still things I missed from my game that he noticed. I also may have beaten a fair few of the top players on my day, but I was still outclassed by the very best.

There's a huge gap between the top 100 players and the top 10. There's always room for improvement and nobody has truly mastered this game. Even the best players in the world in any sport get support on their game.

I agree whit you in most thing you said,but coh1 have much more strategy desecion to make then coh2.
Coh2 is great game and I think I know everything about it and how to play and how to counter,I am not in top50
not because I need mentor just because I cant micro like top player can simple as that.
27 Nov 2015, 09:50 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

CoH2 has its own learning curve, but most of it comes down to macro. Good luck climbing the ladder!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment