Login

russian armor

some words on Allies being OP to Axis players.

8 Nov 2015, 02:23 AM

Disclaimer: I am not writing this for you to agree with me. I am not writing this for your approval. I am simply stating my opinion and observations. If you disagree, good, write me a comment back. I think we can all learn something from this current "allied OP" situation...and hopefully we all will.

So, I have been playing this game for a little while - almost exclusively as USF. I played with them when they were underwhelming, and I am still playing them now. I am probably just like you. I win. I lose. But I love to play the game. Along my road of playing this game, not in the far too distant past, I had the displeasure of playing against the mighty German army...where the USF felt like they were throwing rocks at tanks, and I was getting steam rolled into oblivion. Those moments didn't make me happy, but they also didn't make me sad either. I learned from them. It made me a better player. In a sense, I actually kind of liked it.

Being the underdog gave me a sense of pride. A sense of accomplishment. Every panther I destroyed, or every tiger I killed...made me happy. Every OP MG I flanked, stole, and destroyed made me satisfied, and hungry for more. I didn't give up. I didn't quit. I didn't make rage posts on COH2.org how I was done playing the game until Relic fixed something...I didn't want to give any German player the satisfaction. I NEVER wanted my opponent to know he beat me. He may have won the game, but that didn't mean I was left defeated. I just kept fighting...because that's what I do...I am a fighter.

I tried new tactics, new strategies. I went into every game and win or lose, I gave it my all. It is not all about winning gentleman. It is not about winning or losing, its about how you play the game. Welcome to the roller coaster ride of COH. One minute your Panther is destroying 307 Sherman's in a single match, and the next you're getting one shotted by a pershing heat round. Accept it. Embrace it. Learn from it. It is moments like these that can truly test someone's character. It separates the figurative winners from the losers, and more importantly, the strong from the weak and timid.

There have been MANNNY recent games involving German opponents where he spent the entire match whining about how OP USF was, or how much of a noob I was for using then. Why? What's the point? What are you expecting to gain? Do you want me to apologize? I mean, if that's the case, then I will say it...sorry. I am sorry you now have to have to play against an alleged overpowered faction. I am sorry. I am sorry that you now have to know the exact feeling most allied players felt for months and months while we were getting steam rolled by you guys. Having everything blamed on "learn to play" issues and my all time favorite, "flank and pop smoke" haha. (that never gets old). We will all get through this time, allied and axis alike, until that happens...lets not try to rip each others heads off.
8 Nov 2015, 02:26 AM

Sorry but USF was only crap for a very short period of time. Best staring infantry in game... Jacksons are good when used properly... No sir u weren't much of an underdog...
8 Nov 2015, 02:32 AM

Sorry but USF was only crap for a very short period of time. Best staring infantry in game... Jacksons are good when used properly... No sir u weren't much of an underdog...

My dude, if that is the only thing you took out of that entire post...then you have missed the entire message I was trying to convey. IF you are feeling underwhelmed by whatever your current faction of choice, stick with it, don't give up, and keep fighting the good fight! We don't need to be salty about it. Also, I only have ever played 4 vs 4s...so yes, USF felt very underwhelming for me back in the day.
8 Nov 2015, 02:36 AM

Pretty much the right approach to playing the game.

Personally, I prefer playing as factions that are harder to win with. In the past, Sovs and USF were difficult so thats why I racked up games with them.

I'm not the kind of person to get bitter about any faction being strong... but people do get frustrated in the game from time to time, and helplessness ends up driving the rage up.
8 Nov 2015, 02:44 AM

Oh ok 4v4.... Nm then can't take anything u say seriously now "dude".
8 Nov 2015, 02:54 AM

4v4

USF

Underdog

oko..
8 Nov 2015, 03:07 AM

Also, I only have ever played 4 vs 4s...so yes, USF felt very underwhelming for me back in the day.

Ok, I'm intrigued, why exactly have you decided that you only want to play 20 % of the content the game has to offer elusively in one mode. You could say that you only play 5 % of the complete game content :romeoMug:

Just interested, I mean whatever makes fun to, but still I'm interested.
8 Nov 2015, 03:17 AM

I don't know what the fuck game Tristan was playing, but USF were good in 1v1, weak but usable in 2v2 and a shit show in anything else prior to the recent changes to Rifleman received accuracy and access to mines. "Believe in USF" wasn't a COH meme that gained traction because of how great the USF were - it was because of how terrible they were for the majority of their existence.

This guy took the time to write what I think is a swell perspective on things, not being combative or outright dismissive, and you're responding by A) apparently not knowing what the fuck you're talking about and B) dismissing him as a 4v4 nobody.

GTFO, bruh.
8 Nov 2015, 03:34 AM

Ok, I'm intrigued, why exactly have you decided that you only want to play 20 % of the content the game has to offer elusively in one mode. You could say that you only play 5 % of the complete game content :romeoMug:

Just interested, I mean whatever makes fun to, but still I'm interested.

I usually just play with my buddie and, I don't know actually, we have both always just enjoyed bigger team games and the tactics behind them. As for USF...I have tried every faction, but I am from the united states, so my loyalty with them is just far too deep to use anyone else. lol.
8 Nov 2015, 03:41 AM

I don't know what the fuck game Tristan was playing, but USF were good in 1v1, weak but usable in 2v2 and a shit show in anything else prior to the recent changes to Rifleman received accuracy and access to mines. "Believe in USF" wasn't a COH meme that gained traction because of how great the USF were - it was because of how terrible they were for the majority of their existence.

This guy took the time to write what I think is a swell perspective on things, not being combative or outright dismissive, and you're responding by A) apparently not knowing what the fuck you're talking about and B) dismissing him as a 4v4 nobody.

GTFO, bruh.

Thanks man. I have been guilty of some of the shit show involved of these forums at times. I am not perfect. But I appreciate it. I am just trying to give some people some perspective - that is all.
8 Nov 2015, 03:43 AM

GTFO, bruh.

4v4 balance is near impossible to achieve.. A "swell" perspective eh? Lolol... And yes 1v1 usf bein strong I agree.
8 Nov 2015, 04:21 AM

It was possibly to carry random 4v4s even in darkest days of USF with para browning blobs or rifleblobs straight into e8 blobs, depending on map and starting position.

USf had small windows of very powerful infantry complemented with shock units to completely turn the game around, destroying your opponents, provided you are better than them.

Axis nowadays have nothing of this. Weaker earlygame, weaker midgame, weaker lategame, no shock units or other tools to influence game at all. Vet 5 UPGRADED obers lose to DEFAULT vet3 IS under command tank aura from yellow to no cover bonuses at all.

GGWP.
8 Nov 2015, 04:50 AM

Oh ok 4v4.... Nm then can't take anything u say seriously now "dude".

Way to mark yourself an a$$. OP was gracious.

Stay classy!
8 Nov 2015, 12:57 PM

I didn't want to give any German player the satisfaction. I NEVER wanted my opponent to know he beat me. [...]

[...] One minute your Panther is destroying 307 Sherman's in a single match [...]

[...] I am sorry that you now have to know the exact feeling most allied players felt for months and months while we were getting steam rolled by you guys. Having everything blamed on "learn to play" issues and my all time favorite, "flank and pop smoke" haha. [...]

[...] we [...]

I'm not sure what to say. Are you ok, dude?
8 Nov 2015, 13:20 PM

. Vet 5 UPGRADED obers lose to DEFAULT vet3 IS under command tank aura from yellow to no cover bonuses at all.

GGWP.

Replay please, vet 5 obersoldaten supressing infantry better than machineguns.
8 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM

Every panther I destroyed, or every tiger I killed...made me happy. Every OP MG I flanked, stole, and destroyed made me satisfied, and hungry for more. I didn't give up. I didn't quit.

I am sorry.. but WHAT?
8 Nov 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 13:20 PMNEVEC

Replay please, vet 5 obersoldaten supressing infantry better than machineguns.

It's almost like Axis fanboys have no clue what they're talking about.
8 Nov 2015, 13:35 PM
Patrion 14

If there was a 8v8 gamemode, which faction would benefit the most out of it in random games?

But wait, why talk about 4v4 randoms when there are 4v4 AT games. Now I know most people like to focus on random games because that's where most of their frustrations come from. When 4 USF players not cooperating with each other are matched up against quad OKW or triple OKW/1 ostheer and lose.

But now have 2 AT teams, opposing each other, of the same skill in the current patch; and have them play a 4v4 game. What would your gut feeling tell you, that the the axis would be able to win against a UKF/USF/SOV combo with whatever many OKW and Ostheer meta strategies the axis team brings?

I already knew how to YOLO carry 3 random team mates with sub par skills. Who didn't even know how to dodge grenades with my USF in random team games before the patch. Having riflemen who neo dodge bullets with shock units(M20/stuart) coming out in perfect sync along with a LT/CPT only made that easier.

Now soviets, there's a faction I would never want to play in random 4v4s.
8 Nov 2015, 15:20 PM

(...)
As for USF...I have tried every faction, but I am from the united states, so my loyalty with them is just far too deep to use anyone else. lol.

I am sorry to hear that :P
8 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 13:29 PMaradim

It's almost like Axis fanboys have no clue what they're talking about.

Jadame is a fairly experienced player and axis fanboy isnt a term I would use for him - do you see his 102 win streak as allied team on his player card? He can be a little abrasive in posts but normally has a balanced view imo.

Having said this I like the OP's attitude and try to follow it myself. I do find the cheese nature of it a little irritating - RE blobs etc. I can significantly outdamage a US opponent whilst holding good map control in some random 2v2's I play but still lose the manpower war as I bleed from support weapons being overwhelmed by attack/retreat blob

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★